The Joe Biden Presidency Thread

29 minutes ago, silentbob1272 said:

Trump 52% 1,374,630

Biden 45% 1,207,240

Virginia 97.18% reporting

Win or lose. How ******* stupid does Fox News look now.

sb NoVa hasn't reported their votes yet (heavily blue) and there is way more than enough to over come that lead. Believe me, I'd love to see Virginia flip, but I serious don't think NoVa is turning red anytime soon. But yes, calling it early is silly while they will still not call Florida with the lead Trump has.

• Replies 78.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr. Hoopah!

• AF89

• WhenFalconsWin

• Southern California Liar

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Seems like rescuing dogs during lockdown is a thing around here. It happened to us this past week. This guy wandered up dirty and skinny, playing with my daughter in the front yard. After a few days o

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

I've been saying that for literally 15 or so years now.  I hear it every election cycle, and it literally never happens.

It's a myth.  That's not to say it won't ever happen.  Demographics (specifically that new residents of Georgia are trending Biden) suggest it may eventually.  But it's always "THIS IS THE YEAR," and I'm always "let me know when it happens, then we can talk.

Georgia is red.  To the consternation of many Georgia residents, but still.

Wasn't too long ago Georgia had dem senators (Miller and Cleland), plus one of the most powerful senators to ever serve was a dem from Georgia, plus IIRC, Clinton won Georgia one year.  I say all of that to say this, with almost 6 million people in the metro area + Columbus+Macon+Augusta+Savannah+Albany should cancel out the rest of the state. The problem with Georgia is mofos not voting and purges!

Just now, Andrews_31 said:

Wasn't too long ago Georgia had dem senators (Miller and Cleland), plus one of the most powerful senators to ever serve was a dem from Georgia, plus IIRC, Clinton won Georgia one year.  I say all of that to say this, with almost 6 million people in the metro area + Columbus+Macon+Augusta+Savannah+Albany should cancel out the rest of the state. The problem with Georgia is mofos not voting and purges!

Miller was hardcore conservative tho

7 minutes ago, The Monarch said:

Georgia might turn blue if the blue candidate didn’t base such a large part of his campaign on appealing to red voters. Turns out red voters just end up voting red, mostly. It’s ******* fools gold.

I agree to a point, but the real problem is the rural areas show out when motivated.  Cobb has turned blue.  Gwinnett has turned blue.  DeKalb and Fulton were always blue.

And yet even in historic blue turnout elections (like 2018) or with a horridly unpopular president (like, well, today), Democrats can't win here.

Honestly, what would win is less talk about gun control and abortion and more talk about economic issues, because what Democrats here seem to miss is that they can't win with their base, but they could easily win by picking off some blue collar workers on economic issues.  The last Democrat to really soar to victory in Georgia statewide was Zell Miller.  Roy Barnes was of a piece, but he went and changed the flag and pissed off all the neo-confederates.  In any event, though, Miller was pro choice but not rabidly so, and he was pro gun.  Those are big issues in rural Georgia.  You want to win here?  Learn that lesson and pick your candidates accordingly.

And tell your friends, because the real problem is the Democratic base thinks it can run who-the-****-ever and win because Trump makes suburban moms mad.

Just now, Andrews_31 said:

I'd argue that those Democrats were very different than a lot of the Democrats we see today though. JMO.

Just now, AF89 said:

Miller was hardcore conservative tho

Not really.  He put the Hope Scholarship in place.  He was pro gun, but also pro choice. 

He was an old school Southern Democrat, someone who knew his constituents.  Those folks can still win here.  The problem is Democrats won't vote for them in the primaries.

I'm 2 Crown and Gingers in and I shot an 8 pointer this morning.

I'm beyond caring what happens at this point.  Life is good.

Granted, I'm likely to regret both in the morning (Crown and Ginger saps my energy and 8 point bucks are heavy and hard to drag out of the woods).  But right now, I'm solid.