• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr. Hoopah!

• AF89

• WhenFalconsWin

• Southern California Liar

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Seems like rescuing dogs during lockdown is a thing around here. It happened to us this past week. This guy wandered up dirty and skinny, playing with my daughter in the front yard. After a few days o

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

So True GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Once I was listening to heart sounds on a patient with a tracheostomy when he suddenly coughed up a mucus plug and I caught the world's biggest loogie broadside in the face.

Word got around very quickly about my receiving a lung butter bukkake. Not my finest moment.

I know it says how much of an idiot I am that I still rather get shot in the *** like @SpongeDad than do literally any of that (AF89 said from his couch sipping over priced beer and playing video games) :ninja:

2 hours ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

I wonder how strongly this correlates to whether they actually vote for a third party candidate. I'd like to see other ways of wording this question - asking people whether they will "consider backing" a third party is different than saying whether you will actually back a third party candidate or not. 

1 hour ago, AF89 said:

Also god bless all you parents out there changing diapers

Nope, not for me

Oddly enough the changing diapers part is the easy ****. Dealing with the emotions of a kid when they are very serious about something but what they are saying is hilarious.... that’s the hard part. 

Let me tell y'all about a job site I was on today.

I get called to a site to check out two phone mains that had been damaged by a road milling crew, while I'm checking on that the same crew cuts a gas line 75 feet away, while I'm checking on that two people somehow manage to get into a car accident following the pilot car, while I'm trying to absorb all this an ambulance comes barreling in lights and sirens going because a lady three houses down from the damaged phone mains has had what they think was a heart attack.

This is all within 10 minutes max and all within 200-300 feet of each other.

I've been on some pretty weird jobs in response to weather events and so on. I have never been on a weirder site that had so **** much going on at once before. It was just flashing lights and chaos.

2 hours ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

I'm not crazy about being called a hero. This is the profession I have chosen and I knew the inherent risks going in. Much like those in the military. My lawn guy tried to give me a huge discount last weekend and I just gave it back to him in the form of a tip. I consider teachers and guys like him heroes because they do necessary things that I know I couldn't or wouldn't want to do. That how a functioning society works. 

But..... if you see me out somewhere once this is over and want to buy me a bourbon, I'm not going to turn it down. ;)

I never was crazy about it either man. Before I deployed the closest thing I ever did in the military to something I thought was important was guard duty at our tactical site in South Korea. Things we also did in South Korea: drink hard, party hard, train hard, play video games, etc. When I came back stateside from Korea it was the same kinda deal but far less intense. But I’d have people walk up to me and thank me for my service, occasionally buy me meals or some drinks. It felt weird man. Totally appreciated but also awkward. I’ve always felt teachers, first responders, nurses/assistants and doctors did more than me to be called heroes. They (and you) save lives and build people up to be more than they were before you met them.

I would definitely offer that drink lol but I’m afraid I never get around to the Savannah area anymore. Haven’t been there since 2008. We will have to cheers in spirit I guess

1 minute ago, Jpizzle said:

Let me tell y'all about a job site I was on today.

I get called to a site to check out two phone mains that had been damaged by a road milling crew, while I'm checking on that the same crew cuts a gas line 75 feet away, while I'm checking on that two people somehow manage to get into a car accident following the pilot car, while I'm trying to absorb all this an ambulance comes barreling in lights and sirens going because a lady three houses down from the damaged phone mains has had what they think was a heart attack.

This is all within 10 minutes max and all within 200-300 feet of each other.

I've been on some pretty weird jobs in response to weather events and so on. I have never been on a weirder site that had so **** much going on at once before. It was just flashing lights and chaos.

Sounds like they were filming a new Final Destination. Did you spot any cameras? 

Just now, Carter said:

Sounds like they were filming a new Final Destination. Did you spot any cameras? 

That's almost exactly what I told my boss. 

I said dude I'm gonna have to do the investigations later because I'm not sticking around here any longer. I've seen this movie before and it doesn't go well. 

I grabbed some pictures and I was out.

The thing that has bothered me all day though.

How in the **** do you get into an accident following a pilot car at ten miles an hour? It was just a minor fender bender but on a road milling project (four lane road with a median) like that you literally have to swap from what would be the correct side to the incorrect side of the road multiple times. I mean you actually have to watch the car in front of you to know where you're supposed to go.

How? 

37 minutes ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

We found out today my wife’s entire department is probably getting laid off in 2 weeks by the University System of Georgia as part of statewide budget slashing while it’s hemorrhaging money because of the pandemic.  

Ouch, sorry to hear that man. We have the same kinda thing going on out here unfortunately. Thankfully my department hasn’t been affected though.

Hopefully we can get through this attempt to reopen things without another crippling wave. :/

49 minutes ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

We found out today my wife’s entire department is probably getting laid off in 2 weeks by the University System of Georgia as part of statewide budget slashing while it’s hemorrhaging money because of the pandemic.  

That's rough. My cousin got laid off today from Gulfstream after being there 15 years. 

The economic impact from this is going to be here long after the virus has run its course. 

58 minutes ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

That sucks so so much.

Sorry to hear that