The Joe Biden Presidency Thread

Just now, Andrews_31 said:

This is the only time I will say anything about the Biden allegations.  Mika should be embarrassed with that interview, that was TUUUUUUUURRIBLE!  I'm not a Biden apologist, he wasn't even my second, third, or fourth democratic candidate (being honest, dude is slipping mentally), ****, I would have voted for Bernie in Maryland if given a chance (I wasn't), but I'll be honest, I thought I heard him (Biden) say several times during the interview to investigate her alligation(s) against him, but he was sure there was nothing there, plus he said that her allegation wouldn't be in the files at U of D, but in whatever Senate files he was asking to be released.  I don't know, but follow it up and let the chips fall where they may, seems fair to me.

There is nothing at all “fair“ about any of this. It’s a load of bull****. 

The memory hole is full. 

• Replies 78.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr. Hoopah!

• AF89

• WhenFalconsWin

• Aleksandr sportolli

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Seems like rescuing dogs during lockdown is a thing around here. It happened to us this past week. This guy wandered up dirty and skinny, playing with my daughter in the front yard. After a few days o

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Andrews_31 said:

This is the only time I will say anything about the Biden allegations.  Mika should be embarrassed with that interview, that was TUUUUUUUURRIBLE!  I'm not a Biden apologist, he wasn't even my second, third, or fourth democratic candidate (being honest, dude is slipping mentally), ****, I would have voted for Bernie in Maryland if given a chance (I wasn't), but I'll be honest, I thought I heard him (Biden) say several times during the interview to investigate her alligation(s) against him, but he was sure there was nothing there, plus he said that her allegation wouldn't be in the files at U of D, but in whatever Senate files he was asking to be released.  I don't know, but follow it up and let the chips fall where they may, seems fair to me.

I had the chance in VA and I voted for Bern. He deserved the nom and I feel the party colluded against him for the second time. 

Think I'm going to bite the bullet and just join literally everyone else and put WhenPartisanshipWins on ignore instead responding to any of his cynical celebrations where he pretends to care about sexual assault allegations for 3 seconds. (Not even kidding this about some of the most disgusting behavior I've seen on here in awhile)

So....k thx bye :) 

Just now, Andrews_31 said:

Come again???

Sorry — that was a comment on the word “fair,” not you. I think your approach is perfectly fair. But after what the media did to Brett Kavanaugh, the soft pedaling of the allegations against Biden won’t wash. You’re not doing that, but you’re being critical of Mika who at least asked questions. 

If the University of Delaware records contain nothing, why not release them? That seems like a question Brett Kavanaugh would have been asked. I don’t blame her for pushing him on it. 

The point is there is a double standard, and absent the media stepping up and saying “what we did to Brett Kavanaugh is unconscionable and we should be ashamed of ourselves for pretending that didn’t happen,” there is no fairness. They literally think we’re all stupid. 

8 minutes ago, AF89 said:

Think I'm going to bite the bullet and just join literally everyone else and put WhenPartisanshipWins on ignore instead responding to any of his cynical celebrations where he pretends to care about sexual assault allegations for 3 seconds. (Not even kidding this about some of the most disgusting behavior I've seen on here in awhile)

I'm used to feeling like I want to drive a Ford Pinto into a television screen; he's just the little demon reminding me of what the world is now.

18 minutes ago, AF89 said:

So you don't want a Biden FBI investigation when I in fact said go ahead with the Kavanagh one? Yes, I wanted to give the Dems their wish and finally put the hearing to rest one way or the other. Hippo much?

1 minute ago, JDaveG said:

Sorry — that was a comment on the word “fair,” not you. I think your approach is perfectly fair. But after what the media did to Brett Kavanaugh, the soft pedaling of the allegations against Biden won’t wash. You’re not doing that, but you’re being critical of Mika who at least asked questions. 

If the University of Delaware records contain nothing, why not release them? That seems like a question Brett Kavanaugh would have been asked. I don’t blame her for pushing him on it. 

The point is there is a double standard, and absent the media stepping up and saying “what we did to Brett Kavanaugh is unconscionable and we should be ashamed of ourselves for pretending that didn’t happen,” there is no fairness. They literally think we’re all stupid. 

Did you see the interview?  That was terrible.  ****, like I've said, I think Biden is slipping mentally, but that interview was awful.  Biden explained why he "thought" the files at U of D shouldn't be released....................but he also said that if she filed an allegation against him, it would be in the Senate archives, and he asked that those be released.  Again, I'm not sure how any of that works, but it seems fair to me to start there.  I would have also shut Mika up by saying "sure, search the files at U of D, I have nothing to hide," but that's me.  

As for Kavanaugh, Biden, Trump, Joe Scarbrough, etc., I'll be honest, I don't have sympathy for ANY of them!!!!  LEOs treat minorities much worse, and there are lots of black males on the rockpile doing hard time for LESS!!!!  Full disclosure, I have friends at the FBI that run key offices, and I've expressed this to them also.  I can't shed a tear for Brett, or any of these other entitled pricks when there are clearly those that have been treated much worse!!!  Kavanaugh is a Supreme Court judge!!!

1 minute ago, Serge said:

I'm used to feeling like I want to drive a Ford Pinto into a television screen; he's just the little demon reminding me of what the world is now.

I'm not sure I've seen someone (to this degree) gleefully shovel sh*t into their mouth and smug off about someone else who laments that they really don't want to shovel sh*t into their mouth (to the extent that its tearing them apart) but well here we are.

Like we've reached the point where we've advanced past the part where he wants to see if you'll drink from the toilet too, but acts like it's some sorta ideological victory when someone on the other college team says " You know I don't think I want to drink out of this toilet"

7 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

So you don't want a Biden FBI investigation when I in fact said go ahead with the Kavanagh one? Yes, I wanted to give the Dems their wish and finally put the hearing to rest one way or the other. Hippo much?

If they somehow found ****ing physical evidence against Kavanaugh, all you would have done is wash your hands of him, same way that Trump would have. It's not actually a concession to say you were fine with them doing an investigation on him, anymore than it's a concession on my part as someone that doesn't own or believe in Joe Biden to say that he should be investigated. I'm not using my belief that Biden and Kavanaugh ought to be investigated to pat myself on the back for being nonpartisan, for roughly the same reason I don't pat myself on the back for eating the same cereal that I picked out at the store.

8 minutes ago, Andrews_31 said:

Did you see the interview?  That was terrible.  ****, like I've said, I think Biden is slipping mentally, but that interview was awful.  Biden explained why he "thought" the files at U of D shouldn't be released....................but he also said that if she filed an allegation against him, it would be in the Senate archives, and he asked that those be released.  Again, I'm not sure how any of that works, but it seems fair to me to start there.  I would have also shut Mika up by saying "sure, search the files at U of D, I have nothing to hide," but that's me.  

As for Kavanaugh, Biden, Trump, Joe Scarbrough, etc., I'll be honest, I don't have sympathy for ANY of them!!!!  LEOs treat minorities much worse, and there are lots of black males on the rockpile doing hard time for LESS!!!!  Full disclosure, I have friends at the FBI that run key offices, and I've expressed this to them also.  I can't shed a tear for Brett, or any of these other entitled pricks when there are clearly those that have been treated much worse!!!  Kavanaugh is a Supreme Court judge!!!

I’m not asking you to shed a tear for anyone. I’m simply saying the characterization of the most softball “drilling” I’ve ever witnessed as “fair” is wrong in light of what they did to him. 

It’s a gigantic double standard. Brzezinzki at least (barely) tipped her cap to that and she’s the bad guy? Nobody during the Kavanaugh show trials would have accepted Biden’s comments about the U of D records. Nobody. I mean, just try to imagine it. “Oh, he says there’s nothing to see there. Time to pack up boys!”

2 minutes ago, Serge said:

If they somehow found ****ing physical evidence against Kavanaugh, all you would have done is wash your hands of him, same way that Trump would have. It's not actually a concession to say you were fine with them doing an investigation on him, anymore than it's a concession on my part as someone that doesn't own or believe in Joe Biden to say that he should be investigated. I'm not using my belief that Biden and Kavanaugh ought to be investigated to pat myself on the back for being nonpartisan, for roughly the same reason I don't pat myself on the back for eating the same cereal that I picked out at the store.

First part is just a canard, the rest is, honestly, IDK BS. 

1 minute ago, JDaveG said:

I’m not asking you to shed a tear for anyone. I’m simply saying the characterization of the most softball “drilling” I’ve ever witnessed as “fair” is wrong in light of what they did to him. 

It’s a gigantic double standard. Brzezinzki at least (barely) tipped her cap to that and she’s the bad guy? Nobody during the Kavanaugh show trials would have accepted Biden’s comments about the U of D records. Nobody. I mean, just try to imagine it. “Oh, he says there’s nothing to see there. Time to pack up boys!”

Dude, I don't care about Kavanaugh or Biden, but clearly you do!   If either one of them did what was claimed, they should be in jail!  Kavanaugh is a judge on the Supreme Court, Biden is running for President, neither will suffer any consequences!!!

1 minute ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

First part is just a canard, the rest is, honestly, IDK BS. 

You're not capable of absorbing any explanation of someone else's political beliefs if it doesn't end with you either agreeing with them or having an opportunity to call them a hypocrite.

18 minutes ago, Andrews_31 said:

Dude, I don't care about Kavanaugh or Biden, but clearly you do!   If either one of them did what was claimed, they should be in jail!  Kavanaugh is a judge on the Supreme Court, Biden is running for President, neither will suffer any consequences!!!

Not asking you to care. My only point is “fair” is not an adjective that can be used to describe the pretense that Joe Biden is entitled to due process and a thorough and sifting cross examination of the evidence. 

11 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

6 minutes ago, Andrews_31 said:

Y'all are both right; the media has a double standard that prevents people from being able to trust their reporting on sexual assault accusations against politicians, and none of the people who are actually accused of anything are going to suffer material consequences. They're the ones playing, but the game is for us.

21 minutes ago, Serge said:

You're not capable of absorbing any explanation of someone else's political beliefs if it doesn't end with you either agreeing with them or having an opportunity to call them a hypocrite.

Knowing that person's history, yes, it is possible when they falsely called out my history.

Feel like I should clarify my position on this, having been accused of believing that "she has a vagina, ergo, she wins." I don't believe any accusation 100% just because it's made. But, when allegations are made, I try to view them within the context that false allegations are extremely rare in comparison to true and/or unreported allegations. That very few people actually court the kind of vitriolic harassment that comes from accusing a public figure. That assault and harassment often go unreported for years due to a variety of factors and we can't simply assume someone would or should have brought them to light earlier. That incomplete or inconsistent memory is common with traumatic events. That people often reveal traumatic events in fits and spells. That there is rarely physical evidence, or eyewitnesses. That for so, so long, men could get away with harassing or even assaulting women because "boys will be boys" or because we didn't appreciate that men frequently overlooked signs of no consent. And that powerful men, particularly powerful white men, have long enjoyed protections against such allegations because of their ability to scare of accusers, because of their friendships in the media and other powerful institutions, etc.

For those reasons, I will generally give the accuser the benefit of the doubt. It does not mean I believe every one of them 100% or that facts can't come out that make me doubt the claim more (e.g., when she/he demonstrates traits more consistent with false allegations, or physical evidence emerges, etc.). It just means that in all cases - including and maybe even particularly with people I respect - I try to understand that the likelihood that it is a false claim is far less than the likelihood that it is not.

As to the "due process" thing, that is for the government, and for courts, not for vetting people for powerful positions. And the "beyond a reasonable doubt" standard is criminal. Just because someone can't meet that standard with an allegation doesn't mean it didn't happen. Indeed, we'll let someone sue you into bankruptcy, or destroy your business, etc., under the far less rigorous "preponderance of the evidence" standard. For me, I just don't need much more than that when deciding if someone is fit for some of the highest offices in the land.