The Joe Biden Presidency Thread

Mr. Hoopah!

25 minutes ago, Jpizzle said:

Brother the next time you see me ridicule a blue collar worker struggling to do what they need to do to make it will be the first time.

I'll argue with a white collar person all day about why they should keep their *** at home if they can but me and mine have been at normal work schedules the entire time. 

Also I'd say that most of the criticism on here has been leveled at the government, those who would ignore basic science, or those who have minimized it from the beginning.

You're right. It's not as much here as it is on Twitter and other places. Seeing it come from people who are safe at home with a steady income was especially galling.

8 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

Going to spend the next few months trying to figure out if red or blue MAGA is worse.

That Palmer guy is easily worse than any of those MAGA dip****s like Charlie Kirk, Candace Owens, Cernovich, etc. 

I mean those folks are just pure bad faith actors and exhibit A for any “both sides” commentary. I know people get annoyed with that stuff but it’s very real. All these people flocking to cover up a sexual assault accusation and dementia is not surprising and shouldn’t be to anyone who tries to follow along without a blatantly partisan perspective.

Blue MAGA is Tom from that scene in Office Space where he gets asked a basic question about how useless he is and he flies off the handle about being a people person.

3 minutes ago, Carter said:

That Palmer guy is easily worse than any of those MAGA dip****s like Charlie Kirk, Candace Owens, Cernovich, etc. 

I mean those folks are just pure bad faith actors and exhibit A for any “both sides” commentary. I know people get annoyed with that stuff but it’s very real. All these people flocking to cover up a sexual assault accusation and dementia is not surprising and shouldn’t be to anyone who tries to follow along without a blatantly partisan perspective.

Blue MAGA is Tom from that scene in Office Space where he gets asked a basic question about how useless he is and he flies off the handle about being a people person.

Brother when you really dive in to who his followers are.......ahhhh Jesus.

23 minutes ago, Jpizzle said:

If these last several years have taught me anything it's that a significant portion of the population ties way too much of their personal identities into their political beliefs.

And that there's really no hope that it's gonna get better. :ninja:

It's what happens when the media starts covering politica like a spectator sport. And it's no accident. They don't care which "team" you pull for because both have the same owners. 

5 minutes ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

You're right. It's not as much here as it is on Twitter and other places. Seeing it come from people who are safe at home with a steady income was especially galling.

It's almost as if most of the polticians and politically aware folks are completely disconnected from reality. And if they aren't they allow their political beliefs to push them beyond their own self interests because the other guy is worse.

8 minutes ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

I'm having some doubt about this one. My rural hospital tests dozens of people each day and we're getting results back in a few hours. I find it hard to believe that's the best Congress can get. 

The white house has access to rapid testing and seem to test anyone and everyone the comes into contact with Trump. Not sure why Congress doesn't have the same access, but I don't see why their physician would lie about their capacity. 

I also wonder if it is less about testing all 100 senators and more about the proactive part. Maybe the proactive testing would include testing staffers and other people senators interact with as well as multiple tests for each person a week to be able to quarantine folks before it spreads.

I will say it is pretty wild their neither the house or senate have come up with a way to vote online or remotely. Seems pretty stupid to force them all into a small space for hours to debate and vote on stuff. 

6 minutes ago, Carter said:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

4 minutes ago, Jpizzle said:

They forgot who they were when Philando Castile caught them bullets though.

Dems use to stand with blue collar workers too.

:shrug:

Oh wait......

The article is actually pretty decent and I'm just in debate mode and you were actually arguing the opposite of what I thought and I'm just pissy.