The Joe Biden Presidency Thread

Mr. Hoopah!

2 minutes ago, Jdrizzle said:

What's happening here @Leon TroutskyTroutsky?

A bunch of polls came out showing Biden with double digit leads (listed in the tweet), and that pushed the polling average up for Biden and down for Trump.  I expect Biden to actually win the popular vote by around 6-8%, so I expect the polls to eventually come back into that range.  I’ll be shocked if he wings by double digits.  Very happy, but shocked.  

4 minutes ago, Jdrizzle said:

I mean the ones where he's not being blown out by double digits nationally seem to be the outliers.

It’s possible that Biden is seeing a real surge in the polls.  That doesn’t mean his surge is permanent and will last through election day.  I accept that the double digit leads are “real” in the sense that is where things stand at this moment in time.  But I don’t think it stays there through November 3rd.

Just now, Leon Troutsky said:

It’s possible that Biden is seeing a real surge in the polls.  That doesn’t mean his surge is permanent and will last through election day.  I accept that the double digit leads are “real” in the sense that is where things stand at this moment in time.  But I don’t think it stays there through November 3rd.

How much did the polls change in the last election with the Hillary investigation being opened?

Why would they change all that much in the closing month? It feels like we've approached and crossed that kinda line already this election. Is it a normal human reaction and then back down to the median kinda thing?

1 minute ago, Jdrizzle said:

I really dig that every poll I've seen has pretty much wiped out the idea of Trump getting any sympathy vote.......the overwhelming majority of people are like "Well **** yeah you got it, you have been acting like an idiot the entire time" and they think less of him for it.

Have they already released polls conducted after he was diagnosed?

1 minute ago, AF89 said:

@Gritzblitz 2.0 this segues nicely into that time I briefly tried to check out the old Saints Report and just how many of them were die hard Braves fans

I've always said UGA is the most popular team in this state but Braves are the most popular team FROM this state (ty TBS)

TBS is responsible for a nation of Braves fans. Even when they were putrid back in the 80's. They were in everyone's living room every night.

7 minutes ago, Jdrizzle said:

How much did the polls change in the last election with the Hillary investigation being opened?

Why would they change all that much in the closing month? It feels like we've approached and crossed that kinda line already this election. Is it a normal human reaction and then back down to the median kinda thing?

Clinton’s poll numbers were all over the map, actually.  

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_clinton-5491.html

Those kinds of wild swings are actually common.  What happens is that the polls bounce around because of campaign events and gaffes, but eventually settle somewhere close to where the structural factors predict they will be.  And given that the news coverage of Trump has been not just bad, but next level horrific and unprecedented, a moderate shift in Biden’s favor wouldn’t be surprising.  But I don’t think that represents people firmly committing to vote Biden.  I think it’s a few leaning Reps who said they were undecided and some swing voters who were turned off by Trump’s antics but would still be open to vote Trump.  

I know it’s weird that anyone would be like that.  And there aren’t many of them, but enough to shift the polls several percentage points in one direction or the other.  But again, I’m not convinced yet that these people are shifting to Biden and will stay there the entire election.  That’s why I think the polls will tighten over the next few weeks.

14 minutes ago, Jdrizzle said:

I really dig that every poll I've seen has pretty much wiped out the idea of Trump getting any sympathy vote.......the overwhelming majority of people are like "Well **** yeah you got it, you have been acting like an idiot the entire time" and they think less of him for it.

Yeah, something like 72% of the public said that Trump didn’t do enough to protect himself or otherwise blamed Trump for getting it.  

12 minutes ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

It's somewhat comforting that I'm apparently among many who have forgone some of their core beliefs just to be rid of Trump.

I'll never be happy about voting for Biden, but at least I'm not the only one who's chosen to bite into this turd sandwich.

I just want the people on the team I'm voting for to know that I do not like them, I will enjoy none of this, that we are not allies and I will donate my money and actively support the other people like me who despise them going forward.

18 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Clinton’s poll numbers were all over the map, actually.  

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_clinton-5491.html

Those kinds of wild swings are actually common.  What happens is that the polls bounce around because of campaign events and gaffes, but eventually settle somewhere close to where the structural factors predict they will be.  And given that the news coverage of Trump has been not just bad, but next level horrific and unprecedented, a moderate shift in Biden’s favor wouldn’t be surprising.  But I don’t think that represents people firmly committing to vote Biden.  I think it’s a few leaning Reps who said they were undecided and some swing voters who were turned off by Trump’s antics but would still be open to vote Trump.  

I know it’s weird that anyone would be like that.  And there aren’t many of them, but enough to shift the polls several percentage points in one direction or the other.  But again, I’m not convinced yet that these people are shifting to Biden and will stay there the entire election.  That’s why I think the polls will tighten over the next few weeks.

Nah, I can believe that there's a significant enough portion of the population who can change their minds like that to count. I 100,000 percent understand that we are the weirdos and that there's another end of the spectrum of the voting populace.

26 minutes ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

It's somewhat comforting that I'm apparently among many who have forgone some of their core beliefs just to be rid of Trump.

I'll never be happy about voting for Biden, but at least I'm not the only one who's chosen to bite into this turd sandwich.

I thought he was a giant ***** and trump was the turd sandwich