The Joe Biden Presidency Thread

Mr. Hoopah!

What in the seven dimensions of H*ll is going on? A pandemic that started in China due to improper food prep practices and now we're importing food from them because we're having to kill of millions of birds because of the utter incompetence and blantant failure to act due to this farce of this Administration. Also, beef production is taking a hit as well.

Tired of winning yet?

USDA Greenlights Contentious Chinese Chicken Imports Following News of Poultry Trade Deal

Last week, The Wall Street Journal reported that U.S. and Chinese trade officials reached a deal to lift China’s five-year ban on U.S. poultry imports in exchange for the U.S. allowing more Chinese cooked chicken and seafood products.

But it appears the U.S. traded far more than China’s ability to send over chicken nuggets (which, under current standards, must be made from U.S., Canadian, or Chilean chickens). Shortly after trade officials reported the poultry deal, the USDA Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) submitted a final rule permitting China to export chicken to the U.S. from birds raised and slaughtered in China for the first time in the agency’s history. The rule was posted in the Federal Register on Friday.

Industry representatives and analysts claim U.S. poultry producers will benefit from exports to China, but it is not clear if these gains will offset new competition from Chinese poultry. Consumer protection groups meanwhile contend that China’s highly variable food safety standards put U.S. eaters at risk and bemoan trade officials’ apparent sway over food safety policy.

The only clear winners in this grand bargain are multinational meatpackers that can profit from selling the lowest cost poultry, no matter where it came from.

China has long sought permission to export more poultry to the U.S. Some industry professionals have claimed China held a thirteen year ban on imports of U.S. beef as a lever for opening access to U.S. markets for its poultry producers.

China eventually lifted its ban on U.S. beef during the Obama administration, but analysts contend that U.S. beef still lags in Chinese markets, compared to countries like Australia. Meanwhile, China has banned U.S. poultry imports since an avian flu outbreak in 2015, which the U.S. claims is no longer a valid risk.

4 minutes ago, Statick said:

What in the seven dimensions of H*ll is going on? A pandemic that started in China due to improper food prep practices and now we're importing food from them because we're having to kill of millions of birds because of the utter incompetence and blantant failure to act due to this farce of this Administration. Also, beef production is taking a hit as well.

Tired of winning yet?

USDA Greenlights Contentious Chinese Chicken Imports Following News of Poultry Trade Deal

Last week, The Wall Street Journal reported that U.S. and Chinese trade officials reached a deal to lift China’s five-year ban on U.S. poultry imports in exchange for the U.S. allowing more Chinese cooked chicken and seafood products.

But it appears the U.S. traded far more than China’s ability to send over chicken nuggets (which, under current standards, must be made from U.S., Canadian, or Chilean chickens). Shortly after trade officials reported the poultry deal, the USDA Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) submitted a final rule permitting China to export chicken to the U.S. from birds raised and slaughtered in China for the first time in the agency’s history. The rule was posted in the Federal Register on Friday.

Industry representatives and analysts claim U.S. poultry producers will benefit from exports to China, but it is not clear if these gains will offset new competition from Chinese poultry. Consumer protection groups meanwhile contend that China’s highly variable food safety standards put U.S. eaters at risk and bemoan trade officials’ apparent sway over food safety policy.

The only clear winners in this grand bargain are multinational meatpackers that can profit from selling the lowest cost poultry, no matter where it came from.

China has long sought permission to export more poultry to the U.S. Some industry professionals have claimed China held a thirteen year ban on imports of U.S. beef as a lever for opening access to U.S. markets for its poultry producers.

China eventually lifted its ban on U.S. beef during the Obama administration, but analysts contend that U.S. beef still lags in Chinese markets, compared to countries like Australia. Meanwhile, China has banned U.S. poultry imports since an avian flu outbreak in 2015, which the U.S. claims is no longer a valid risk.

Want to see something  really scary?

Google 'Food safety incidents in China'

3 hours ago, The Monarch said:

Literally just coming back to say that after reading more, it does seem like she no longer "believes" her old friend. But it really doesn't change much, given that she still corroborated some parts of the story (e.g., dating Judge for a bit, being a member of the club), that she might have gone to a party after watching Ford dive, and that she believed Ford had indeed suffered some "trauma" in her past. Moreover, Ford said from the start she did not expect Keyser to remember. It would have been an insignificant event for her, not something we put deep into memory.

And it also doesn't change the other stuff, like the lack of any motive for Ford (who did try to protect her identity, who has no profit motive, who has no history of fabrication like that), that she told other people about it years before (which in the world of sexual assault is about as good a corroboration as you can get), and the confirmation of other things (like her dating Kavenaugh's friend, etc.).

Again, you will focus on the things that discredit her to the exclusion of all else. I get that.

In any event, I'm sure this is growing tiresome for you and me and the board, so feel free to have the last word.

Edit: ha! but before you do, I again think it's important to consider their (Kavenaugh and Ford's) testimony. As I said, she came across as a far more credible witness. He seemed much less so, and definitely lied about his past drinking, terms in his yearbook, etc. Like, unnecessary lies. FWIW

Look:  Kavanaugh said "Devils Triangle" was a "drinking game" and "boofed" meant farted.

I was a teenager in the '80's.

Kavanugh is a liar.

1 hour ago, HolyMoses said:

Look:  Kavanaugh said "Devils Triangle" was a "drinking game" and "boofed" meant farted.

I was a teenager in the '80's.

Kavanugh is a liar.

I really don't have much of an inclination about whether Brett Kavanaugh actually assaulted Christine Blasey Ford. But I do know that his reaction, and his handling of the entire process, really made me think he's not at all fit for the SCOTUS.

13 minutes ago, eatcorn said:

I really don't have much of an inclination about whether Brett Kavanaugh actually assaulted Christine Blasey Ford. But I do know that his reaction, and his handling of the entire process, really made me think he's not at all fit for the SCOTUS.

His reaction and handling of the entire situation was an absolute disgrace and should have disqualified him.  Plus we still don't know what mysterious benefactor paid off his six figures of Nationals' tickets credit card debt.  That's . . . a problem.