The Joe Biden Presidency Thread

Mr. Hoopah!

https://apnews.com/article/virus-outbreak-election-2020-donald-trump-local-elections-lawsuits-4298a514550323d39931f3e5fff2ccae

This is what worries me more than blatant rigging of the election. The GOP knows that they are in trouble, so it seems their strategy is to muddy the waters and cast as much doubt on the legitimacy of the election process as possible. It's a recipe for a ton of civil unrest after the election. 

1 minute ago, Big_Dog said:

After the debate, Pennsylvania polls jumped for Biden showing him up by 7 points, a bit more than the 5 pts in Florida.

God I love the stupidity and slanted polls. This is 16' all over again. Numbnuts, get with Hillary, get with Fading Joe, because y'all need to start your palling your coup for Trump's next 4 years...:slick::lol:

1 minute ago, HolyMoses said:

That is still too close to overcome other factors that could impact the result:  Although folks are voting now, they are probably the most motivated.  What about the less motivated?  Trump has a month to make them LESS motivated.  He was highly effective in 2016 in undermining Clinton among folks that WOULD have voted for her such that he was able to eek out a victory despite his lack of popularity.

Of course, the more traditional, institutional voter suppression techniques will also be in place and are not reflected in the polling.

28-3 is coming to town. Maybe we should discuss Russian Oligarch's instead...you go first

18 minutes ago, HolyMoses said:

There is something else about this that I don't think has garnered attention:  He told Woodward exactly how dangerous this thing was way back in February/March.  Yet he has been reckless with his own people and in his own life.  He made some kind of comment that he wasn't worried about it personally.  He didn't think he would get it.

When it comes to descending, whether on road bikes or trails, I like to say that you are only as safe as your confidence level. . . . .  Unless you are delusional.

Trump is delusional.  He knew the hazards, but his "gut" or something told him that it was not a concern for him.  There was no substantive evidence to support that instinctive belief.  

Trump is delusional.  And he is our President.

RamiAdventure: Face plant...then walking in the rain

He had too much faith in his God-tier genes.  

10 minutes ago, DawgBone said:

Wouldn't a Trump win being decided by PA mean that he also swept those rust belt states again? Otherwise, I'd assume he would need to flip a couple of states that were blue in 2016, which seems unlikely. His chances in WI and MI look even slimmer than in PA, at least right now. 

EDIT: I see he wouldn't need any flips, but would need to hold every other state he won 4 years ago ... which seems like a tall order. And yeah, without Florida, it's over. 

26 minutes ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

So what kind of down ballot damage is the GOP looking at? Looking at 538, I see that it's a tight presidential race in GA, but they are predicting both GOP senators to most likely win. It seems like those races would be closer if Trump is in so much trouble. 

It’s hard to tell, honestly.  Trump is dragging down their chances in the Senate and House, but by how much we don’t know.  Most of them are over-performing Trump, meaning that some leaning Reps and independents are distinguishing between Trump and the GOP.  Wish that I had more info to answer this, but for me it’s an unknown.  

16 minutes ago, DawgBone said:

Wouldn't a Trump win being decided by PA mean that he also swept those rust belt states again? Otherwise, I'd assume he would need to flip a couple of states that were blue in 2016, which seems unlikely. His chances in WI and MI look even slimmer than in PA, at least right now. 

3 minutes ago, DawgBone said:

EDIT: I see he wouldn't need any flips, but would need to hold every other state he won 4 years ago ... which seems like a tall order. And yeah, without Florida, it's over. 

Right, if he wins PA then he’s likely to win the others as well.  But those other states like MI and WI could have delays in reporting results.  So the reason to watch FL on election night is because it could be one of the few states where we know the winner within a few hours.  If Biden wins FL, game over.  If it’s very close then Trump has a chance in the other states.  And if Trump wins easily then it suggests problems for Biden in the other swing states.  So it’s really about getting insight on Election Night into how Trump did in those other states and whether he has a chance to win.

So you know that Fundraiser Trump went to NJ after they knew Hicks had tested positive AND was displaying symptoms.

Turns out there was a buffet....

https://www.politico.com/states/new-jersey/story/2020/10/04/officials-racing-to-contact-206-guests-who-attended-trumps-new-jersey-fundraiser-1320897

Murphy also said Friday that the state wasn’t ruling out the event had violated the state’s rules for indoor activities and social distancing. On Saturday, Murphy’s chief counsel, Matt Platkin, tweeted that a buffet that reportedly was available to some donors was specifically barred by one of the governor’s executive orders.

1 hour ago, Leon Troutsky said:

So covid is Ralph Northam?  And Ralph Northam is Trump???  

TRUMP IS AN IMPOSTER Y’ALL!!!

I tried to keep it as simple as possible, sometimes people just can't understand the concepts of deductive logic. With deductive logic, as the name states, you have to deduce things and most of you on this board have a difficult time doing that, very sad, but very true.

1 minute ago, BamaBirdLady said:

I tried to keep it as simple as possible, sometimes people just can't understand the concepts of deductive logic. With deductive logic, as the name states, you have to deduce things and most of you on this board have a difficult time doing that, very sad, but very true.

Your entire line of 'reasoning' here is comically stupid. You're making a fool of yourself.

1 hour ago, Leon Troutsky said:

It’s partisanship.  I know it’s hard to believe, but there’s 35% of the public who will literally believe anything that Trump tells them.  There’s also about the same percentage that believes literally anything the Dems tell them.  Party identification is the strongest identity most people have, second only to religion.  

I get that, but when a guy says it out of his own mouth, you have to at least say, ok this guy wasn’t truthful about it. 

Whether you believe the rational or not. 

50 minutes ago, Big_Dog said:

What was really stupid is when the doc was asked if Trump was on oxygen and his doc said "I'll have to ask the nurses". WTH   the nurses call the shots? 

TBF, nurses do most of the work and tend to know more day to day stuff than the doctors. 

With that said... They normally chart that $hit and that is where the dr looks stupid!