Jump to content

The Joe Biden Presidency Thread


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 78.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Mr. Hoopah!

    10046

  • AF89

    7025

  • WhenFalconsWin

    4543

  • Southern California Liar

    4139

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Seems like rescuing dogs during lockdown is a thing around here. It happened to us this past week. This guy wandered up dirty and skinny, playing with my daughter in the front yard. After a few days o

Posted Images

19 minutes ago, bdog 29 said:

This is why I'll never be on board with people who chastise the media for talking about Trump's Russia ties. 

In a normal world, it's a big ******* deal.

If Mueller went as far we Weissmann suggested that he should have, McConnell still would have never convicted Trump. Nothing matters to republicans except raw, unadulterated power and the preservation thereof.

I'm not clutching any pearls over this.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mr. Hoopah! said:

If Mueller went as far we Weissmann suggested that he should have, McConnell still would have never convicted Trump. Nothing matters to republicans except raw, unadulterated power and the preservation thereof.

I'm not clutching any pearls over this.

No doubt but it would have taken away a lot of the talking points the MAGAts are using now. And I think it also broke some non-MAGAt brains. You have people in this thread to this day blaming the media for talking about it because nothing came of it.

Maybe I'm just a weirdo but I feel like the head of your country being personally aligned with an antagonistic state and openly siding with/supporting them often in opposition to your own intelligence agencies is worthy of some consternation. But because the Mueller probe didn't say it outright, people are mad at the media who made us aware of it and keep pointing out that something shady is going on.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bdog 29 said:

This is why I'll never be on board with people who chastise the media for talking about Trump's Russia ties. 

In a normal world, it's a big ******* deal.

In a normal world, or at least a slightly more ideal one, liberals wouldn't have spent two years joking about Trump serving Putin, which made it possible for most people to ignore every other aspect of the investigation into Russian election interference that came out after the wildly disingenuous Barr memo. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

To be clear, I'm not blaming the media for people ignoring it. I'm blaming the media for connecting the Russian election interference at the hip with the conspiracy theory that Trump is a Manchurian candidate, which created the impression after the Mueller investigation that all of it is just more conspiracy ****. And I'm blaming the media for simply accepting that Trump's the stupidest man on Earth while he baited liberals and the media into pushing the conspiracy **** as if it were all the same story. I blame the media for the notion that Trump would have to be a genius for coming up with a strategy for covering his *** that would have suited a semi-serious cartoon Lex Luthor.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Serge said:

In a normal world, or at least a slightly more ideal one, liberals wouldn't have spent two years joking about Trump serving Putin, which made it possible for most people to ignore every other aspect of the investigation into Russian election interference that came out after the wildly disingenuous Barr memo. 

What reputable media organization said that Trump is a Manchurian candidate. The farthest I saw any legacy media outlet go is paint him as a useful idiot for Putin (which I feel most likely explanation).

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, bdog 29 said:

What reputable media organization said that Trump is a Manchurian candidate. The farthest I saw any legacy media outlet go is paint him as a useful idiot for Putin (which I feel most likely explanation).

I didn't say that they "said" he was a Manchurian candidate. They joked about it. It was such a given based on what was being said in the liberal media outlets that there was no perceived consequence for liberal talk show hosts, comedians, opinion columnists and regular people joking about how obvious it was. 

It was a joke with no payoff, of course, and neither the comedians nor the "serious" news people nor any of the normies could explain why it happened the way it did. And afterwards, no one conceded anything at all about the narrative that Trump was directly serving Putin, so the whole thing became a joke people were tired of hearing over and over.

Link to post
Share on other sites

If it sounds like I'm blaming the media for the specific, unforeseeable error of not realizing the danger of joking about the likely truth of something Trump himself was too stupid not to foreground at every conceivable opportunity, then you're almost right, except that it was actually the most foreseeable possible outcome if you weren't starting with the assumption that Trump's too stupid to realize how suspicious he was acting practically every single day of the investigation.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Baby Dik Dik said:

Serge, I will literally pay you to talk about anything else.  Anything.

The failure of the onside kick recovery was overblown next to the failures of the defense and the running game against a depleted run defense. Gurley still runs hard but he's probably very close to the end.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...