The James Caan Appreciation Thread

Just now, Mr. Hoopah! said:

I'm an outspoken critic of the death penalty and want it abolished at the federal and state level.

I'm for the death penalty especially when there's no doubt about guilt. I don't want my tax dollars to upkeep murderers sitting in the commons discussing ramen noodle recipes like it's Food Network, watching color tv, and having 3 meals a day. 

• Replies 78k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr. Hoopah!

• AF89

• WhenFalconsWin

• Leon Troutsky

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Seems like rescuing dogs during lockdown is a thing around here. It happened to us this past week. This guy wandered up dirty and skinny, playing with my daughter in the front yard. After a few days o

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Sponge said:

I'm for the death penalty especially when there's no doubt about guilt. I don't want my tax dollars to upkeep murderers sitting in the commons discussing ramen noodle recipes like it's Food Network, watching color tv, and having 3 meals a day. 

Problem is, it's used all the time when there is a lot of doubt as to guilt, and it's used overwhelmingly for minorities who have killed white people.  The system is fundamentally flawed, and IMO we shouldn't execute a single person if it can't be done with 100% certainty that it's only carried out against the truly guilty.  I also think it's consistent with my pro-life positions.

14 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Gotta remember there aren't many, if any games fully touted for the next gen consoles just yet 

He was in the sense that there wasn't any big changes other than loading times and ray tracing. Where PS5 is a whole new experience (mostly because of the controller). I gotta say, the PS5 controller is game changing though.

1 minute ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

Problem is, it's used all the time when there is a lot of doubt as to guilt, and it's used overwhelmingly for minorities who have killed white people.  The system is fundamentally flawed, and IMO we shouldn't execute a single person if it can't be done with 100% certainty that it's only carried out against the truly guilty.  I also think it's consistent with my pro-life positions.

Yup.

If you can prove with undisputed accuracy that someone is guilty of a murder or rape of a child then by all means execute them.

But if you can not be 100.5% sure then give them life in prison.

There have been way way too many convictions overturned because of things like DNA evidence to continue the death penalty as it is.

9 minutes ago, Sponge said:

Federal maximum security prison is totally like that. 

4 minutes ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

I get what your saying. But someone guilty as **** (like the Boston bomber guy sitting in fed prison) should be executed asap. He killed and mangled innocent children. Meanwhile he's shooting birds at the security cameras in his cell.

1 minute ago, falconsd56 said:

Yup.

If you can prove with undisputed accuracy that someone is guilty of a murder or rape of a child then by all means execute them.

But if you can not be 100.5% sure then give them life in prison.

There have been way way too many convictions overturned because of things like DNA evidence to continue the death penalty as it is.

Agreed. 

16 minutes ago, Sponge said:

He was in the sense that there wasn't any big changes other than loading times and ray tracing. Where PS5 is a whole new experience (mostly because of the controller). I gotta say, the PS5 controller is game changing though.

Does he have a regular TV or 4k tv? I’m ready to pop mine open to play with the controller. Really want to see if those gun shots hit as hard as they claim

16 minutes ago, Sponge said:

4K (just asked him). Do you have the PS5 or Xbox?

PS5. 

Was gonna say until the games are optimized none of us will really notice a huge difference. I expect by Spring or Summer we start getting games fully optimized for next gen. I'm thinking of something like the difference you get with GTA 5 on PS4 compared to PS4 pro where there were some noticeable differences

As of now I know 2k and spiderman are 2 that are fully optimized. Not sure which others are

1 minute ago, ya_boi_j said:

PS5. 

Was gonna say until the games are optimized none of us will really notice a huge difference. I expect by Spring or Summer we start getting games fully optimized for next gen. I'm thinking of something like the difference you get with GTA 5 on PS4 compared to PS4 pro where there were some noticeable differences

As of now I know 2k and spiderman are 2 that are fully optimized. Not sure which others are

his thoughts were that Microsoft fell short of a next gen experience (hardware wise). He described it as swapping graphic cards in a pc. Too me, they're both the same in graphics and I know games will be developed better for next gen but Sony's controller makes it stand out and makes it literally "feel" next gen. 

Both consoles can handle 8K but I haven't seen an 8K tv in person yet. I get the feeling that if they go too hi-def, it will hurt my eyes.

3 minutes ago, Sponge said:

his thoughts were that Microsoft fell short of a next gen experience (hardware wise). He described it as swapping graphic cards in a pc. Too me, they're both the same in graphics and I know games will be developed better for next gen but Sony's controller makes it stand out and makes it literally "feel" next gen. 

Both consoles can handle 8K but I haven't seen an 8K tv in person yet. I get the feeling that if they go too hi-def, it will hurt my eyes.

So he’s a nit picker lol. 

im the same as you though. Slight difference but overall they’re the same.