The Hunter Biden is the First Son This Country Deserves Thread

3 minutes ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

Ala-freakin'-bama is mandating masks in public and Trump is stirring up MAGANS in a culture war

Let's be real WFW would never admit it but between this and whatever that was Ivanka was doing with her hands, this is at least 4 times cringier than "I keep hotsauce in my purse"

• Replies 50k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr. Hoopah!

• AF89

• WhenFalconsWin

• Leon Troutsky

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Seems like rescuing dogs during lockdown is a thing around here. It happened to us this past week. This guy wandered up dirty and skinny, playing with my daughter in the front yard. After a few days o

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Corn Pop said:

Seems like maybe streaming services ruined the Golden Age of TV. I don't think I've started following any new shows in the last 5 years.

HBO’s Watchmen was incredible. Cinemax’s short lived The Knick and Quarry were great. Better Call Saul is better than Breaking Bad. 

The market is over saturated but there’s still quality content being produced. 

3 minutes ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

HBO’s Watchmen was incredible. Cinemax’s short lived The Knick and Quarry were great. Better Call Saul is better than Breaking Bad. 

I'm going to be so annoying when Wheel of Time comes out on Amazon and I hate it

1 minute ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

I think BCS started over 5 years ago and unless I'm forgetting something, it's the only drama I'm currently following.

Breaking Bad was better to me. Cranston gave the second best performance in tv history and some of the law firm and family stuff on BCS hasn't held my attention the way the storylines on Breaking Bad did.

4 minutes ago, Corn Pop said:

Seems like maybe streaming services ruined the Golden Age of TV. I don't think I've started following any new shows in the last 5 years.

A lot of things sound very samey,  and if you live with someone you have to be able to watch it at the same time to avoid seeing part of the same episode over and over and hating it because we're all already completely over-stimulated for our dumb caveman brains.

There were so many great shows that began between 2007 and 2011 but they're all gone now.

I forgot about Fargo, which debuted in 2014. I'm pretty sure Fargo and BCS are the only active dramas I'm watching.

Season 4 [edit]

Main article: Fargo (season 4)

The fourth season stars Chris Rock, who plays the head of a crime syndicate made up of black migrants fleeing the Jim Crow South who have a contentious relationship with the Kansas City mafia. It is set in 1950 Kansas City, Missouri. The season was set to premiere on April 19, 2020, but has been delayed due to the COVID-19 pandemic.[9][10]

Stupid Covid ruining everything :rant:

33 minutes ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

You ever watch Bojack Horseman? I was barely into it the first season, but it turned into maybe my favorite animated show ever. Terrific series.

1 hour ago, The Monarch said:

I understand editing for length, but the parts left out are just as important for this article...

When it comes to public opinion, wording matters.

People of varying racial backgrounds tend to express a positive view of their local law enforcement agencies, according to many polls. And Americans usually balk at proposals to cut basic funding from the police. In an Associated Press/NORC poll last month, when asked simply whether they supported reducing funding for police departments, just 25 percent of Americans said yes, 53 percent said no, and 21 percent said neither, suggesting they hadn’t made their minds up yet.

A Fox News poll taken around the same time asked the question a little differently: Would people support taking money away from police departments and putting it toward “mental health, housing, and other social services?” In that case, 41 percent of voters expressed support, while 46 percent opposed it. Significantly, even though “neither” wasn’t an option, 12 percent of respondents refused to say either way.

With such a large share of the country still figuring out where it stands on the issue, there is the potential for either side to seize control of the narrative. President Trump has demonstrated that he sees an opportunity to win some ground here, tweeting frequently of his opposition to “defund the police.”

In mid-June, sounding assured that he had the political upper hand, he wrote on Twitter: “Many Democrats want to Defund and Abolish Police Departments. HOW CRAZY!”

Still, as protests have led to legislative results in some cities, they have also helped shift attitudes. A Siena College poll of New Yorklate last month found that a slim majority of the city’s residents would support a reduction in funding for the police. (The question did not mention anything about redirecting funding toward social services.) When asked directly about “defund the police,” New Yorkers were more split: Forty-one percent supportive, 47 percent opposed.

But when asked if mental health professionals should come along when police officers respond to calls dealing with homelessness, drug addiction or mental illness, almost nine in 10 New York City residents said yes.

In its recent research, the PerryUndem team was struck by how relatively unformed — and therefore influenceable — opinions remained on the meaning, as well as the validity, of calls to “defund the police.”

PerryUndem’s survey was conducted with the online polling firm YouGov, using what is known as a non-probability panel of respondents, whose composition may not perfectly reflect the makeup of the country. Therefore, the survey’s exact numbers must be taken with a grain of salt. But its findings were striking. Americans were more likely to say that they interpreted “defund the police” to mean taking some funding away from departments and deploying it in “other ways to make communities safer,” rather than simply removing money that the police need.

But neither position was identified by a majority of respondents, and a significant share said they still weren’t sure how to interpret the term.

“When you see that, you see an issue that’s very fluid, and I think it can go different directions as this issue and debate continues,” said Mike Perry, also a partner at the firm. “How the debate continues to take shape — it could move people in either direction.”

^^^I think their dig on YouGov’s methodology is overstated.  The broader point is that merely REDUCING police funding gets a bare majority in heavily blue New York City and that “defund the police” is still misunderstood and not popular as a slogan.

1 hour ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

Streaming TV has made Stephen King adaptations WAY better.  Castle Rock and Mr. Mercedes (the first two seasons, at least) are masterful, IMO.

• Mr. Hoopah! changed the title to The Hunter Biden is the First Son This Country Deserves Thread