Jump to content

The Hunter Biden is the First Son This Country Deserves Thread


Recommended Posts

20 minutes ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

Even when UGA got top level QBs, they would still underachieve with them. Stafford was a can't miss NFL prospect and the overall #1 in the draft and they never even won the SEC East with him.

And if Justin Fields had stayed, he would have been tragically misused in this offense. 

Kirby is now where Saban was in 2009. Trying to beat everyone with defense and superior athletes. Bama became a real juggernaut when they started bringing in QB and good offensive minds like Kiffin. Kirby is going to figure that out, or he's just going to keep losing to Bama every year.

I don't understand this post. Alabama was a juggernaut before Kiffin arrived. They had already won three championships in a span of four years. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 49.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Mr. Hoopah!

    6668

  • AF89

    4449

  • WhenFalconsWin

    3717

  • Leon Troutsky

    2634

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Seems like rescuing dogs during lockdown is a thing around here. It happened to us this past week. This guy wandered up dirty and skinny, playing with my daughter in the front yard. After a few days o

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

Even when UGA got top level QBs, they would still underachieve with them. Stafford was a can't miss NFL prospect and the overall #1 in the draft and they never even won the SEC East with him.

And if Justin Fields had stayed, he would have been tragically misused in this offense. 

Kirby is now where Saban was in 2009. Trying to beat everyone with defense and superior athletes. Bama became a real juggernaut when they started bringing in QB and good offensive minds like Kiffin. Kirby is going to figure that out, or he's just going to keep losing to Bama every year.

It’s a continuation of one side of the ball being our Achilles heel. In those days it was defense. We couldn’t stop a nosebleed unless it was a clearly inferior team like Hawaii or we just got hot for a game. Now we have legitimately top level defenses that routinely get smoked by higher end offenses because our own offense has some glaring deficiency.

Despite the recruiting successes on paper, that glaring hole has been at QB. Our offense is actually pretty loaded everywhere else. We just had a Bama-like haul of WRs in the 2020 class and George Pickens potential is through the roof. But who’s throwing it to them?

I don’t know how this season will end up for the Dawgs. Next year is going to be a pretty insane QB competition though between JT Daniels fully recovered (former 5 star), year 3 Dwan Mathis (was Ohio States QB recruit until Fields transferred), year 2 Carson Beck (Gatorade player of the year and state title winner in Florida) and local legend Brock Vandagriff.

Kirby is collecting talent across the whole team at an elite level. Managing the offensive side has been a real problem though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Carter said:

It’s a continuation of one side of the ball being our Achilles heel. In those days it was defense. We couldn’t stop a nosebleed unless it was a clearly inferior team like Hawaii or we just got hot for a game. Now we have legitimately top level defenses that routinely get smoked by higher end offenses because our own offense has some glaring deficiency.

Despite the recruiting successes on paper, that glaring hole has been at QB. Our offense is actually pretty loaded everywhere else. We just had a Bama-like haul of WRs in the 2020 class and George Pickens potential is through the roof. But who’s throwing it to them?

I don’t know how this season will end up for the Dawgs. Next year is going to be a pretty insane QB competition though between JT Daniels fully recovered (former 5 star), year 3 Dwan Mathis (was Ohio States QB recruit until Fields transferred), year 2 Carson Beck (Gatorade player of the year and state title winner in Florida) and local legend Brock Vandagriff.

Kirby is collecting talent across the whole team at an elite level. Managing the offensive side has been a real problem though.

I'd really like for them to just throw out JT Daniels and see what happens.  He's probably too much of college diet Jay Cutler to actually beat like a Clemson or anything like that but it was cool watching him float 50/50 bombs to USC's elite Corp last year.

I mean he might lose games that playing vanilla ball with Stetson might've won sure but its 2020 let's just ignore all that and be legends :ninja:

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, AF89 said:

I'd really like for them to just throw out JT Daniels and see what happens.  He's probably too much of college diet Jay Cutler to actually beat like a Clemson or anything like that but it was cool watching him float 50/50 bombs to USC's elite Corp last year.

I mean he might lose games that playing vanilla ball with Stetson might've won sure but its 2020 let's just ignore all that and be legends :ninja:

 

He might play in the next game at Kentucky in 2 weeks, but I’m expecting that Bennett is our QB this season. I guess we’ll see. Daniels had major knee surgery not even a full year ago and then had follow up surgery in December. His knee is still sore, he barely stopped using a knee brace and he has been working almost exclusively with the scout team in practice.

The way the media covered his transfer to UGA as a threat to Jamie Newman or it even being a possibility he would start right away is just another example of how irresponsible American media is. More interested in ratings and creating controversy than being accurate with what they report. It’s not limited to political coverage. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Fire Q said:

UGA is very close but they need some dominant playmakers on offense. They don't need an elite quarterback. A good one will do.

Nah that's 5 to 12 years ago when Bama was winning with trust fund coaches kids at QB.

You can't have watched that Ohio State v Clemson and then Clemson v LSU last year and not realize that you need an elite playmaker under center to even have a ghost of a chance

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, AF89 said:

Nah that's 5 to 12 years ago when Bama was winning with trust fund coaches kids at QB.

You can't have watched that Ohio State v Ckemsin and then Clemson v LSU last year and not realize that you need an elite playmaker under center to even have a ghost of a chance

I mean of course all things equal it helps to have a dominant QB. But it's not necessary to have a championship team. After all, the Dawgs were just one play away from winning the Championship just a few years ago and Fromm was the QB!

We're just in a point in history where the teams that have won championships the last few years happened to have great QBs. Coincidence more than anything. Nothing has changed and you can win championships without a great quarterback. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

The days of winning Nattys with Jake Coker and John Parker Wilson are over. You need a stud QB.

Time will tell. But I believe you can win a championship with a guy like Fromm. The Dawgs were a blown coverage away from winning it all in 2017. And that clearly can't be Fromm's fault. 

There simply aren't enough elite quarterbacks in the country for this not to be the case. Guys like Trevor Lawrence and Joe Burrow don't even necessarily exist every year. All you have to do is look at the first round of the draft every year to see this. Tons of scrubs that get drafted early because there's a shortage of elite quarterbacks. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Fire Q said:

Time will tell. But I believe you can win a championship with a guy like Fromm. The Dawgs were a blown coverage away from winning it all in 2017. And that clearly can't be Fromm's fault. 

There simply aren't enough elite quarterbacks in the country for this not to be the case. Guys like Trevor Lawrence and Joe Burrow don't even necessarily exist every year. All you have to do is look at the first round of the draft every year to see this. Tons of scrubs that get drafted early because there's a shortage of elite quarterbacks. 

If Clemson, LSU, Auburn, and Bama can find one, so can UGA.

In fact, UGA did find one but he left for Ohio State.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Mr. Hoopah! changed the title to The Hunter Biden is the First Son This Country Deserves Thread

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...