The Hunter Biden is the First Son This Country Deserves Thread

Seems swampy to me...

Even as his reelection operation lost a once-dominating fundraising advantage to Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden, new filings with the Federal Election Commission show that Trump’s campaign and the Republican National Committee spent another $203,000 at his hotel a few blocks from the White House and another $37,542 to rent space at his Trump Tower in Manhattan ― although the campaign is based at a high-rise in Arlington, Virginia. Total reported payments in August from the campaign and the RNC to the president’s own businesses amounted to $251,409.

Since he took office in January 2017, the political committees under Trump’s control have spent a total of $7,231,392 at Trump’s various businesses, according to a HuffPost analysis of FEC records.

Bradley Parscale, the previous campaign manager whose consulting firm had been receiving $47,797 a month from the Trump campaign for the past year, saw that figure drop to $32,797 in August. It was unclear from the FEC filings whether that was a reduction in pay only to himself or if the $15,000 was the cumulative cut for a number of individuals.

Parscale confirmed to HuffPost earlier this year that $15,000-a-month payments each to the girlfriend of the eldest Trump son and the wife of the middle son were going through his private firm, rather than through the campaign, for their work. “I can pay them however I want to pay them,” he said at the time.

The Trump campaign did not respond to queries about Parscale’s individual compensation or that of Kimberly Guilfoyle and Lara Trump.

• Replies 49.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr. Hoopah!

• AF89

• WhenFalconsWin

• Leon Troutsky

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Seems like rescuing dogs during lockdown is a thing around here. It happened to us this past week. This guy wandered up dirty and skinny, playing with my daughter in the front yard. After a few days o

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Not sure American Samoa would elect GOP senators, so go ahead.  As for breaking up states, that requires the consent of the states.  And there’s always CA and NY as a checkmate.  

The GOP really hasn’t thought this thing through.

I not sure but I believe there are Democratic strong holds in TX and FL so it's also possible that could back fire on the GOP. Also wouldn't this split up and redistribute the Electoral College numbers effectively weakening the GOP's hold on those votes? 

1 hour ago, AF89 said:

Just finished one of the best fantasy works I've ever read (its just the 1st in an upcoming trilogy) 9.5/10. Much tighter character focus than your ASOIAF or First Law and you'll probably finish it in 3 or 4 days cause the pacing is that good and its not terribly long. It eschews your more typical European fantasy settings for one that is sorta semi African. ******* killer revenge story or at least the 1st chapter to one and one **** of a power trip that actually feels well earned. 2nd book comes out in a month or so I think.

9780316489775_p0_v2_s1200x630.jpg

What was the other fantasy series you recently recommended?  I desperately need to start reading again.

14 minutes ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

What was the other fantasy series you recently recommended?  I desperately need to start reading again.

stormlight archives book 4 is coming out in november, that's a good series.

if you want to read something that's finished, i cannot recommend wheel of time enough. it's my favorite fantasy setting/world by far. 

30 minutes ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

First Law if your looking for dark fantasy.

I have to echo AR on WOT (my favorite too) and anything Brandon Sanderson but thier not in the same vein as ASOIAF that I know alot of people got into Game of Thrones.

WoT is more like if you took the themes of LoTr and introduced them to modern fantasy themes and the first book is almost the Hobbit like in light tone but it does get darker. One of the few series ive read through twice

3 hours ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

Every time I see Boehner I think of this puff piece Politico did for him after he retired:

"Boehner smokes two packs a day and has a habit of pinching off the smoldering end of his cigarette, rolling the butt into a ball and shoving it into his pocket. (On the back nine a day later, Boehner stops at a receptacle and scoops from his pocket some two dozen smoke-stained balls.)"

"Breaking the ice, I mention some news of the day—that Trey Gowdy appears likely to become chairman of the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee. The previous chairman, Jason Chaffetz, had abruptly announced his resignation from Congress; House conservatives had hoped that Jim Jordan, a senior member on the committee, might pursue the chairmanship. Boehner grins. “Gowdy—that’s my guy, even though he doesn’t know how to dress,” he says. Then Boehner leans back in his chair. “**** Jordan. **** Chaffetz. They’re both ********.”

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/10/29/john-boehner-trump-house-republican-party-retirement-profile-feature-215741

boehner-secondary10-bymarkpeterson.jpg

I always think about this

@Mr. Hoopah!

The only downside you might find in First Law is that its so many books

81FnTl6wZPL.jpg

You have the first trilogy which is mostly self contained and then you have a second trilogy (the 2nd book just came out this month, the 3rd supposedly next year) which is its own story which is the 2nd generation mostly the kids from our characters in the 1st trilogy and then thier are four standalone books he wrote in between the trilogies which people will tell you they're optional but when I actually read them I found to be critical because they close out whole *ss character arcs from the first series and set the stage for the second

So including the book to be released thats like 10 books

I kind of recommend the audio books on the side. The narrator is fantastic. Alot of times when I read stuff I put the audio narration on my phone and I buy the paper back to follow along Youll find you read books much quicker this way and you can listen while you drive/work.

Also the narrations of Micheal Kramer and Kate Redding are a MUST if you ever get into Wheel of Time.

Rage of Dragons narrator does the African soundy names and in world lingo really good (im pretty sure they got a African dude to narrate) but he doesn't have enough voice variation for my tastes alot of his characters sound the same.

I got a good site for free audio books if anybody wants it but if your not a pirate Audible is best

• Mr. Hoopah! changed the title to The Hunter Biden is the First Son This Country Deserves Thread