The Hunter Biden is the First Son This Country Deserves Thread

11 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

I went digging back through 538 forecasts and thought this was interesting:

6a010534b1db25970b017ee4d81fe1970d-800wi

In early September, Romney still had about a 25% chance of winning, not much difference than what Trump is at now (31%).  But as the election gets closer, the uncertainty declines.  That was also during a period when Romney was increasing significantly in the polls and the race had tightened up.  So even though the polls were showing a much closer race every week, the model was showing a declining probably of Romney winning.  

I’ll be very interested in what happens to his current 2020 forecast as we get into late September and early October.  We know that Trump’s vote share is going to increase in the polls — he’s going to get more than 43% of the vote.  I suspect he’ll get somewhere around 44-47%.  So I’m interested in whether his chance of winning declines while his standing in the polls increases like what happened in 2012.

^ the kiss of  Biden death.

• Replies 50k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr. Hoopah!

• AF89

• WhenFalconsWin

• Leon Troutsky

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Seems like rescuing dogs during lockdown is a thing around here. It happened to us this past week. This guy wandered up dirty and skinny, playing with my daughter in the front yard. After a few days o

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

In all seriousness, I've seen the Q stuff go from brain wormed-boomers ****-posting on social media to the movement being implicitly adopted by the republican party, dozens of republican congressional candidates who are adherents of Q running, and it's spilled over into the mainstream in the guise of fighting child trafficking. At its core, it's a belief system founded on the desire for tens or even hundreds of thousands of their perceived enemies to be summarily rounded up and executed by Donald Trump.  They've been waiting for 3 years without a single arrest or firing squad.  They grow more restless by the day.

It's going to be a part of mine and your lives moving forward whether we like it or not. Social media is the cheap vodka for our rotgut of a society that's slowly killing us.

And then the ufos land and all that is for naught.

3 hours ago, eatcorn said:

Or it could be that he has some cognitive decline, and Russia is working to amplify that sentiment.

They're not mutually exclusive.

I’m not sure what this has to do with what I actually posted but ok. I never said or suggested they can’t both be true. Obviously both are true and have been known about for a long time.

It’s absolutely misleading and approaching gaslighting though when ABC News picks up a DHS draft bulletin for law enforcement agencies that was never meant for public release and creates a headline that reads: “DHS withheld July intelligence bulletin calling out Russian attack on Biden’s mental health”.

For one thing, all the bulletin reportedly says about Russian activity is “there is high confidence Russian actors will continue to denigrate presidential candidates through allegations of poor mental or physical health to influence the election”. Will continue to. It points to some effort to refute a March news story where our own media explained away Biden’s gaffes as a stutter.

For another thing, the draft bulletin also reportedly goes into how Iran and China are working to undermine Trump’s re-election. That sure af didn’t find its way into the headline though. In fact, that’s just in the last few paragraphs of the article ABC News published.

3 hours ago, Leon Troutsky said:

It’s not “Dems and their media allies”.  It’s the Department of Homeland Security and the intelligence community.  

Nah, it’s the media narrative. The article you quoted barely mentions that the same bulletin also talks about how Iran and China are working against Trump’s re-election. And the topic of Biden’s cognitive decline is brushed off as Russian propaganda and the Trump campaign reading from the same script.

51 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Trump just suggested that his supporters should vote by mail and then show up on Election Day and vote a second time.  He essentially said, “if the system is secure then they won’t be able to vote in person, but if they can vote in person then it’s not so secure.”

Cool... they should do it and then name him as a co-conspirator in a conspiracy to commit voter fraud.

2 hours ago, lostone said:

I am loving r/pcmasterrace today

XSX and PS5 are probably still going to dominate. You are comparing a 1500 GPU to a 500-600 console. The performance to price ratio cannot be beat by PC. You are getting an 8 core/16 thread CPU + 16 GB RAM + 1TB NVME + 2080 TI level GPU for 500-600 bucks. 

Not saying people should buy one day 1, but I see them dominating in sales. I'll probably buy one next year once we figure out which will be the dominate platform of this gen. This year I am looking at the new Oculus VR headset. 

Nvidia made a preemptive response to Big Navi. 3090 is a Titan series card pretending to be a XX00 series card. 

10 minutes ago, Carter said:

Nah, it’s the media narrative. The article you quoted barely mentions that the same bulletin also talks about how Iran and China are working against Trump’s re-election. And the topic of Biden’s cognitive decline is brushed off as Russian propaganda and the Trump campaign reading from the same script.

Or perhaps the withheld bulletin was the new part of a story they had already reported on:

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/china-working-trumps-reelection-russia-spreads-disinformation-biden/story?id=72241806

Russia working to boost Trump's reelection and 'denigrate' Biden, as China undermines Trump: US intelligence

A top U.S. official released a statement Friday on foreign election meddling.

Mike Levine and Mark Osborne

August 7, 2020, 4:12 PM

44 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Or perhaps the withheld bulletin was the new part of a story they had already reported on:

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/china-working-trumps-reelection-russia-spreads-disinformation-biden/story?id=72241806

Russia working to boost Trump's reelection and 'denigrate' Biden, as China undermines Trump: US intelligence

A top U.S. official released a statement Friday on foreign election meddling.

Mike Levine and Mark Osborne

August 7, 2020, 4:12 PM

This is somewhat beside the point, but here we are, so why is all the emphasis on Russian efforts against Biden then? There was nothing new in the "withheld" bulletin, it is a non story. It was a routine bulletin that gets sent out to agencies that report to DHS (CBP, ICE, FEMA, TSA, secret service, some other smaller agencies). If I'm not mistaken, only one of the 16 different intelligence agencies that comprise the US intelligence community falls under DHS. The big ones people know - FBI, CIA, Defense Intelligence, NSA - do not fall under DHS.

The continued attempting to explain away every gaffe and bad decision Joe Biden ever made is the point I'm getting at. The way the major media outlets do their job in this country is the reason fewer and fewer people trust them.

16 minutes ago, Carter said:

The way the major media outlets do their job in this country is the reason fewer and fewer people trust them.

Also, it's amazing how some people discount that basically every major news source is owned by a handful of very powerful companies. Fox is Murdoch, MSNBC (and all NBC) is Comcast, CNN is AT&T, etc.That should be a huge issue, right up there with corporate money in politics. But so many people only want to see the surface level of it - e.g., Fox is so right-wing, MSNBC is so liberal. At the end of the day that's true, but it's also true that they're corporate af and we should view their services with that understanding.  

• Mr. Hoopah! changed the title to The Hunter Biden is the First Son This Country Deserves Thread