Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mr. Hoopah!

The Cats Can Have a Little Salami as a Treat Thread

1 minute ago, Jpizzle said:

One of my proudest conversations ever is my mom getting so mad. This was years back but the Arbery incident really set her off, the Floyd murder really set her off

My mama has COPD and I'm having to talk her out of going to a protest. 

My dad wants go downtown so bad. If I can get him a good mask and can find something  early enough from curfew with minimal chance that we're going to be chased block by block roving squads of police I may just let him.  Also make him take a cane, I dunno maybe that might make some warrior cop not want to tag him with a rubber bullet I'd hope.

(He's not in the greatest health but he's probably younger than most of yalls parents if not some of yalls age lol)

6 hours ago, AF89 said:

My dad wants go downtown so bad. If I can get him a good mask and can find something  early enough from curfew with minimal chance that we're going to be chased block by block roving squads of police I may just let him.  Also make him take a cane, I dunno maybe that might make some warrior cop not want to tag him with a rubber bullet I'd hope.

(He's not in the greatest health but he's probably younger than most of yalls parents if not some of yalls age lol)

I went to a Nazi rally with my mama. That's such a weird thing to say 😆 she wants to go a protest so bad now.....I literally have an open Facebook messenger message that literally reads "and why not" in reference to why she can't attend a protest in Atlanta with me this weekend. She's so mad but she legitimately has a lung disease......no mama you can't go.......I just need you to understand I might get arrested this weekend you hard headed *** woman.

55 minutes ago, Jpizzle said:

One of my proudest conversations ever is my mom getting so mad. This was weeks back but the Arbery incident really set her off, the Floyd murder really set her off

My mama has COPD and I'm having to talk her out of going to a protest. 

Just talked to my mom again and she's backtracked. It's a lot like BBL honestly. Frustrating but idk what I'm supposed to do.

I have some European friends that I talk to, mostly in the UK but a few from elsewhere and another from Australia. To a person they are all worried about me and ask me if some things they hear are really happening or just jokes. Everything they asked me has been something that really happened. They all are in total disbelief at what is happening in this country and they have told me for I guess a couple years now that there is no respect for America anymore.

One of them is originally from Iran and he pointed out how Trump demanded not long ago that anti-government protests in Iran be allowed to continue. Now he is giving mealy mouthed lip service to peaceful protesters while demanding governors crack down hard on the protests and threatening to use the US military where governor’s refuse to escalate use of force.

I guess finally we are respected again though. 😬

1 hour ago, AUTiger7222 said:

The fact that come November I will have to vote for Joe Biden just makes me want to almost cry because I can't stand to look at him and the way he acts all creepy and stuff and because I don't support his policies and because quite frankly he's got no business being in charge of a country. But I have been left with no choice because voting 3rd party this time around just will not cut it because we must get rid of Trump. I feel like I'm in middle school right now and Trump is the big bad bully on the playground who everyone is afraid including the teachers because he's got the parents to get the teachers fired if they try to punish him. That's the only way I can even put into words what has happened to this country.

I told my mom this and I think she got mad at me. I just don't understand how people can continue to support Donald Trump. He had protesters who were not breaking any kind of law shot at with tear gas and rubber bullets so he could go stand in front of a church holding up a Bible all because one of the news networks accused him of being scared and hiding out in the bunker at the White House. If that doesn't scream child at you I don't know what will. I just don't understand all these Christian people who I love and respect standing up and defending this man who has done absolutely nothing positive for this country in the 3 and 1/2 years he has been president. Trump makes me ashamed to be white and American. I'm just so torn that people can fall into the trap of thinking this man is a true follower of God because he quotes the Bible from time to time. It says right in the Bible that knowing the Bible doesn't make someone a believer and follower of God. I know people are desperate for a truly God fearing man to become President of this country but Donald J Trump isn't that man. Please pray with your heart and see that this country won't be changed by Democrats or Republicans. It will only be changed by humans. We only have ourselves to blame for the mess this country is in and it took decades for us to reach this point and it will take decades to turn things around for the better. But when you vote you should do it on the merits of a person's heart and character, not on their political association. When you vote only for political association this is what happens. We're on the verge of another civil war and sadly the guy that should be easing these fires and putting things back into order is stroking the flames and making things worse with his actions. I have never felt this kind of passion for politics and wanting to make this country better but I'm about to become a parent in a few months and the thoughts of raising my son in such a hate a filled country with a hate filled president quite literally scares the **** out of me and it should those of you with children, especially young children. Please Jesus take the wheel!!

1 hour ago, Carter said:

I have some European friends that I talk to, mostly in the UK but a few from elsewhere and another from Australia. To a person they are all worried about me and ask me if some things they hear are really happening or just jokes. Everything they asked me has been something that really happened. They all are in total disbelief at what is happening in this country and they have told me for I guess a couple years now that there is no respect for America anymore.

One of them is originally from Iran and he pointed out how Trump demanded not long ago that anti-government protests in Iran be allowed to continue. Now he is giving mealy mouthed lip service to peaceful protesters while demanding governors crack down hard on the protests and threatening to use the US military where governor’s refuse to escalate use of force.

Screenshot-2020-06-02-PRESIDENT-OF-LAW-A

After the pathetic photo op sheitshow on Monday by baby pants, Atlanta responded with more protestors than the previous night. God please intervene and get him out of here.

@WhenFalconsWin, No offense but after yesterdays huge sacreligious self serving photo op, anyone that still supports Trump needs their heads examined. Even the pastor of St. John's Church condemned the bible stunt after the peaceful demonstrators were brutilized just to clear the way for his walk of shame. Now Trump is ordering troops to clean up the streets if local mayors don't. This statement is the word of a 3rd world banana republic dictator who inflames violence. Trump is supported by a Senate that didn't follow thru with the Impeachment. Soon the tale of these horrid mistakes will be rectified when the Senate turns blue just like the House did and the WH gets a decent new leader.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Carter said:

There is zero respect for the US even before all this. The emotions ranged from disappointment to sadness to outright rage.

Disappointment and sadness is what describes the feelings of Germans the most I think. (West) Germany was modelled in 1949 mostly after the US at that time point and seeing the US turn into what Germany has been before that is absolutely mind blowing. It is like watching your parents go insane and abusive. It is an emotional toll that can only lead to shutting said parents out of your life.

Being a fan of an American football team, I find myself having to justify that. For most people here that is like supporting the North Korean soccer team. „Why would you do that“?

Edited by Herr Beast

6 hours ago, Carter said:

I believe it would be handled by a military court martial, but if it’s a high level refusal it could be a trial in Congress I think. I’m not an expert on legal matters, even with the military lol. But this more likely involves situations where someone on the street is ordered to fire on a group of people and they refuse. If it’s a case of some psycho (which there are plenty of in the military) using excessive force then they would be court martialed, but as we’ve seen already Trump would likely pardon them and the GOP would wildly applaud him.

Technically everything the military does must be supported by law and the military is held strictly to the rule of law. To such an extent that it often hinders commanders in the field from quickly responding, due to concerns about collateral damage, excessive force, jurisdiction and all that fun stuff. The unfortunate series of events leading to Dakota Meyer getting his Medal of Honor make for an interesting (and incredibly frustrating) read or listen on that note if you’re interested. There is an amazing episode of the Jocko podcast with Meyer going through his whole story. I was brought to tears multiple times, no bull****.

People in the military are subject to civilian law in addition to UCMJ. So they can be charged twice for the same violation. 

And after all of that, Trump has shown he will pardon you and force the military to restore you to your rank, so....  :shrug:

6 hours ago, Carter said:

They were equally terrible in that regard when Obama was president. They had people on the air swearing up and down that everything Obama did was unamerican and embarrassing. To the point of raging about him wearing a tan suit, not wearing a flag lapel pin, using Dijon mustard, etc

Fox News is nothing more than the GOP’s media outlet. They rarely if ever criticize the GOP for anything ever.

To be fair, you are calling out Fox News for doing the exact same thing that MSNBC, CNN, NBC, ABC, CBS, WaPo, NYTs, etc, does against Trump. I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm saying you just black kettled the pot. A Harvard study called out the media saying it was overwhelmingly negative against Trump. Fox was actuaually about the most fair network out there. And they have been critical of him many times.

That said, the coverage of some news organizations was so negative, according to the Harvard study, that it seems hard to argue that the coverage was anywhere near a neutral presentation of facts. Assessing the tone of news coverage, the Harvard researchers found that CNN's Trump coverage was 93 percent negative, and seven percent positive. The researchers found the same numbers for NBC.

Others were slightly less negative. The Harvard team found that CBS coverage was 91 percent negative and 9 percent positive. New York Times coverage was 87 percent negative and 13 percent positive. Washington Post coverage was 83 percent negative and 17 percent positive. Wall Street Journal coverage was 70 percent negative and 30 percent positive. And Fox News coverage also leaned to the negative, but only slightly: 52 percent negative to 48 percent positive.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/2017/05/21/harvard_study_cnn_nbc_trump_coverage_93_negative_410848.html

2 minutes ago, Big_Dog said:

"I love this bible, especially Two Corinthians"  bwa, ha, ha, ba, ha. He doesn't know any part of the bible since he reads no books especially the bible.

Pace yourself Squirrely Bob, I don't know how you're are going to make four more years of Trump at this speed. 

This is not a good sign...

Dr. Anthony Fauci, one of the most prominent members of the White House coronavirus task force, said on Monday that he has not spoken to or met with President Donald Trump in two weeks.

Fauci, the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, added that that his contact with the President has become much less frequent.

Their last interaction was May 18, when Trump invited Fauci to provide medical context during a teleconference with the nation's governors. The Task Force last met on May 28 and last held a White House press briefing on May 22.

News that the pair haven't communicated in two weeks comes during a critical period in the US coronavirus response as all 50 states have relaxed social distancing measures even as the virus' death toll continues to climb. As of Monday, at least 1.79 million Americans have contracted the virus and at least 104,300 have died, according to data from Johns Hopkins University.