Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mr. Hoopah!

The Cats Can Have a Little Salami as a Treat Thread

I have a naive yet provocative question: Do you even consider the US to be a nation? Or is it just a country?

Because observing how vicious American nationals are against other American nationals, I wonder how those people could consider themselves one nation.

5 minutes ago, AF89 said:

My favorite was back when the NRA TV really wanted to promote him as their face to the black community and the last interview went something like (paraphrasing Mikes own words)

Mike: Defending yourself is your right!

NRA: Right on my brotha, preach!

Mike: Especially black folks, should arm themselves to defend their communities from the police

NRA: That's right...WAIT WHAT?!

He's definitely not wrong.

1 minute ago, Herr Beast said:

I have a naive yet provocative question: Do you even consider the US to be a nation? Or is it just a country?

Because observing how vicious American nationals are against other American nationals, I wonder how those people could consider themselves one nation.

I don't think the US has ever truly been one nation. Too much racist and hatred among different groups of people that days back to the very beginning of this country's history.

2 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

He's definitely not wrong.

No he's not wrong but he has Marxist view of guns rather than a liberal (or more to the point in this case a conservative) one and i don't think the folks at NRA TV realized that :lol:

12 minutes ago, Herr Beast said:

Would you consider Germany a nation? Or country?

In the same vein its always painful to see people like Ozil and Boateng considered Germany until the team does bad. Then the viciousness really comes out to them. Even made Ozil consider Erdogan his true president.

I think any country with many different groups run into the same issue. USA is just magnified.

2 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

But didn't Target refuse service to the protesters?

The stores or the CEO? This is my first time hearing that 

Plus, if it was the CEO, let’s say you were the CEO, would you have a change of heart After these past few days or continue to simply continue to  refuse their service 

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, ya_boi_j said:

The stores or the CEO? This is my first time hearing that 

Plus, if it was the CEO, let’s say you were the CEO, would you have a change of heart After these past few days or continue to simply continue to  refuse their service 

If I didnt want my store to keep being ransacked? For sure I would have a change of heart.

Edited by Forever Julian

1 minute ago, Forever Julian said:

Would you consider Germany a nation? Or country?

In the same vein its always painful to see people like Ozil and Boateng considered Germany until the team does bad. Then the viciousness really comes out to them. Even made Ozil consider Erdogan his true president.

I think any country with many different groups run into the same issue. USA is just magnified.

So you are comparing two spoiled football millionairs with the situation in the US? 

2 minutes ago, Herr Beast said:

So you are comparing two spoiled football millionairs with the situation in the US? 

Even the most disenfranchised in America are millionaires to some.

That doesnt change the point though. Is Germany a nation if it can turn on her own when things dont go their way? How is she different from the US?

I am a Chelsea fan and grew up in love with the Brazilian National team also so theres no love in my heart for the Likes of Kevin Prince or Mesut, but the vitriol and hatred I saw directed at them by their fellow countrymen when KP injured ballack before the 2010 world cup, and when Ozil(who wasnt helped by his team...lets be honest) failed to deliver in 2018 was on the level of some of the worst racism I have seen in the US. Every sort of slur was directed towards them in crowds, on social media, and elsewhere. Is this a nation in your opinion?

2 hours ago, lostone said:

My wife is wanting us to purchase a gun.  She is worried...  I am trying to conceal my emotions to not worry her.  This sucks!

I put in for my permit last Monday.

After those two racist idiots murdered the guy jogging, all of these Karens calling cops on black people, Trump embolding white supremacy from the jump and now this with cops still outright murdering black suspects, yeah, I feel the need to get strapped up again. I have to protect myself and my family.

Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, Forever Julian said:

Even the most disenfranchised in America are millionaires to some.

That doesnt change the point though. Is Germany a nation if it can turn on her own when things dont go their way? How is she different from the US?

I am a Chelsea fan and grew up in love with the Brazilian National team also so theres no love in my heart for the Likes of Kevin Prince or Mesut, but the vitriol and hatred I saw directed at them by their fellow countrymen when KP injured ballack before the 2010 world cup, and when Ozil(who wasnt helped by his team...lets be honest) failed to deliver in 2018 was on the level of some of the worst racism I have seen in the US. Every sort of slur was directed towards them in crowds, on social media, and elsewhere. Is this a nation in your opinion?

If someone takes citizenship at 18 because it is the best career move and then gets a lot of flak because he demonstrates that he still considers himself being a citizen of the old country, then I really doubt anyone should feel sorry for him. 

If he had a spine, he would return his passport but since a German passport gets you visa free in almost any country in the world, he keeps it for „convinence“. 

And to be totally honest, remaining a nation requires new citizens to actually embrace their new nationality. If they only take it for convinience and money, then a nation just becomes a country. It lacks the motivation to achieve the best not only for yourself but for all your fellow citizens, That seemed to happen to the US, the main thing that bonds people together is the money and greed. If the money ever happens to stop flowing, I fully expect the whole construct to fall apart and groups of people fighting each other based on what comes after the money, which seems race in the US. 

PS: He met with Erdogan in 2011, 2012, 2016, 2017 and in 2018 just weeks before the world cup. Saying that the poor performance at the 2018 WC and critizism afterwards made him a Erdogan worshipper is kinda getting cause and effect mixed up ;) 

Edited by Herr Beast

52 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Lol I remember hearing about that. People don’t realize how much he does for blacks in general and the city that don’t live in the city or state or know who he is. 

No, Killer Mike has said and done some REAL clown **** that I can't let slide.  Funny thing is this, when Killer Mike was giving that interview, he forgot to mention his dad was a COP.  Depending on what day it is, Killer Mike can waver between cool dude, hotep, clown or  sellout.

7 minutes ago, Andrews_31 said:

No, Killer Mike has said and done some REAL clown **** that I can't let slide.  Funny thing is this, when Killer Mike was giving that interview, he forgot to mention his dad was a COP.  Depending on what day it is, Killer Mike can waver between cool dude, hotep, clown or  sellout.

That’s the first I’ve heard of that. I know of the things he’s said that were  “taken out of context” but that’s about all I’ve heard and I know his dad is who told him about crooked cops but that’s about it