Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mr. Hoopah!

The Cats Can Have a Little Salami as a Treat Thread

56 minutes ago, Statick said:

No, the vast majority of cops aren't bad HOWEVER the system of a lack of checks and balances that absolves the bad ones of any repercussions from bad decisions is the problem.

So do we owe justice to Wendy’s, o’Reillys, AutoZone and Target for all the vandalism and theft? We have them on video, some without masks. You could classify it as an act of terrorism as well.

Just now, Leon Troutsky said:

How is CNN covering Trump’s tweet?

”White House hits back after Twitter cracks down on Trump’s ‘thugs’ tweet, reposts censored message.”

https://www.foxnews.com

I see a lot of tweets just like that not get censored. If you are going to do it for one, you have to start doing it for all, right?

5 minutes ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

It's only going to get uglier the closer we get to November. Trump will make sure the media mobilizes the Culture War on all fronts. It will make 1968 look like a picnic. 

Despite what I have been saying for the last several months, I think I'm going to vote for Biden. Not that I think that Biden is a good candidate in the least, but this has to stop. Four more years of Trump's act and the media's hopeless addiction to him is just too horrific to imagine. 

The one things I wonder about is actually what happens after the election. Will Trump just leave the white house peacefully? I seriously doubt that...

Just now, Herr Beast said:

The one things I wonder about is actually what happens after the election. Will Trump just leave the white house peacefully? I seriously doubt that...

So you agree with all the rioting, vandalism and theft?

1 minute ago, wartownfalcon said:

I see a lot of tweets just like that not get censored. If you are going to do it for one, you have to start doing it for all, right?

My bad on the CNN typo.  I meant Fox News. 

The point is that Twitter didn’t censor Trump.  They marked his post for his “when the looting starts, the shooting starts” comment.  And they marked it for glorifying violence.  

Fox News whitewashed the entire thing and makes it seem like Twitter “censored” Trump for a comment about “thugs”.  

Garbage news outlet.

5 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

A CNN crew was covering the police clash with protestors.  The CNN crew says they were standing where police told them to stand, but the police surrounded them anyway.  CNN crew identified themselves as journalists and even showed their press credentials.  The police arrested the entire crew while they were filming live on air.  As far as I could tell, police didn’t even tell the crew why they were being arrested...just handcuffed them and took them into custody.  

The Governor has apologized to CNN.  The police department sent out an official statement that lied about what happened, and CNN responded by showing video of the crew identifying themselves as press, showing their credentials, and even telling the police that they were live on the air with CNN.  

That is terrible! Did this happen today too. I saw that they had arrested a reporter last night too!

I hate that I can't get live video coverage in the school, other than national emergency, it is blocked by the county.

1 minute ago, BamaBirdLady said:

That is terrible! Did this happen today too. I saw that they had arrested a reporter last night too!

I hate that I can't get live video coverage in the school, other than national emergency, it is blocked by the county.

Yeah, I think was earlier this morning.  The reporter just got out of custody.  

At the end of the video, one of the police officers picked up the camera and was carrying it around not realizing he was live on national TV.  That part was kind of funny.

1 minute ago, BamaBirdLady said:

I'm in no way shape or form a fan of CNN, but it does appear they did everything right in this situation. 

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, wartownfalcon said:

So you agree with all the rioting, vandalism and theft?

Nobody agrees with that but you can‘t shoot your own citizens for that either.

Edited by Herr Beast

Just now, wartownfalcon said:

So do we owe justice to Wendy’s, o’Reillys, AutoZone and Target for all the vandalism and theft? We have them on video, some without masks. You could classify it as an act of terrorism as well.

While I never condone vandalism, I can definitely understand why it happens in America at the level it does. Also, those are just businesses, with plenty of insurance. They can rebuild or choose to take their business elsewhere.

And if you're noticing that vandalism is seen as a last resort of people with little to no power in order to call attention to them being angry over yet another unarmed black man getting murdered by a cop (over writing a bad check, mind you), then when huge reformations happen as to how cops police and treat certain populaces, then this will be the norm.

6 minutes ago, Statick said:

While I never condone vandalism, I can definitely understand why it happens in America at the level it does. Also, those are just businesses, with plenty of insurance. They can rebuild or choose to take their business elsewhere.

And if you're noticing that vandalism is seen as a last resort of people with little to no power in order to call attention to them being angry over yet another unarmed black man getting murdered by a cop (over writing a bad check, mind you), then when huge reformations happen as to how cops police and treat certain populaces, then this will be the norm.

No one cares what’s happening until people are pissed and burning **** down.  Stop treating people like animals.

27 minutes ago, Statick said:

BREAKING: Twitter has placed a warning label on Trump's tweet for "glorifying violence."

They did that earlier to the tweet from Trump's personal account, but twitter has also now placed the warning label on the same tweet sent by the official white house account, which is why Trump had someone tweet the same thing from that account, which courts have already ruled amounts to actual proclamations of US policy.  Trump dared Dorsey to do it, and he did it.  Trump is going to use that as justification for an all out assault on twitter. 

2 minutes ago, mfaulk57158 said:

No one cares what’s happening until people are pissed and burning **** down.  Stop treating people like animals.

I know, right?

Unfortunately, some people will find any excuse to gloss over the bigger issue. Property damage and theft are the least of America's concerns right now...

23 minutes ago, Herr Beast said:

Nobody agrees with that but you can‘t shoot your own citizens for that either.

You shoot them with rubber bullets and bean bags though. I really believe these are outsiders coming in to create this, then a few sheep in the city follow like herd mentality 

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, Statick said:

I wouldnt rebuild there. I would rebuild far away from that section of the city. And it’s not about justice at that point. It’s just low life’s taking advantage of the situation for free stuff

Edited by wartownfalcon

37 minutes ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

It's only going to get uglier the closer we get to November. Trump will make sure the media mobilizes the Culture War on all fronts. It will make 1968 look like a picnic. 

Despite what I have been saying for the last several months, I think I'm going to vote for Biden. Not that I think that Biden is a good candidate in the least, but this has to stop. Four more years of Trump's act and the media's hopeless addiction to him is just too horrific to imagine. 

Trump is ramping up civil unrest, culture wars, and screaming about voter fraud.  If Biden somehow beat him (I still think Trump wins handily), he's setting up to not leave office.  He'll take it to his hand-selected SCOTUS. 

I still won't begrudge anyone for not voting Biden because he's such a horrid candidate and person, but all of this cements my decision further to vote for him which Barr's out of control tactics and Trump's Covid response had already made me decide.

23 minutes ago, bdog 29 said:

I'm curious, what were you saying when Kaepernick and all those folks were kneeling?

That the only desecration of the flag I ever witnessed was this:

1185f6e0-3ce2-4b9d-b46f-2c99c032b828.jpe