Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mr. Hoopah!

The Ben Shapiro P-Word Thread

2 minutes ago, Vogelgryff said:

This is an  excellent call back

This wouldn't even make the top 10 list of sh*the I've now seen these past 10 nights. 

Although the kick to the face is pretty piece de 'distance'

I'm old enough to remember when stand with the Hong Kong protesters, stand with the Iranian Protesters, and stand with the Venezuelan protesters was a thing.

Stand with the American protesters though.....those people are violent looters and rioters! That's Un-American! Roll in the military! Completely justified because buildings!

The people who support the military rolling into American cities are the same people who would call out any other country in the world for doing the same. And yet they'll tell me I hate America for reacting the same way they did when China did it when it's done in American cities......I'm sorry.....battle spaces that need to be dominated.

Something seems a bit off here.

Just now, Jpizzle said:

The people who support the military rolling into American cities are the same people who would call out any other country in the world for doing the same. And yet they'll tell me I hate America for reacting the same way they did when China did it when it's done in American cities......I'm sorry.....battle spaces that need to be dominated.

Something seems a bit off here.

Seems like they’re just ignoring it and trying to not defend it. 

Just now, Jpizzle said:

Also the common position that a lot of conservatives like to take is that leftists want the government to run their lives.

The other common conservative position is that it's leftists who are burning **** down because they disagree with the government. 

Those feel like two mutually exclusive positions to me. I don't know how you can exist in both areas at the same time.......but here we be.

It's not surprising when there's that certain subset of conservatism that views anything not whatever their personal view of anarco capitalism looks like as THE left whether it's actually to the left or right of what they believe

Nazism is leftist. Facism is lefist They believe that **** and they'll never have to claim it or self evaluate to prevent it.

1 hour ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Look at all those good cops walking by the old dude bleeding into the concrete.

They’re the kind of swine that always take their boot licked place in line at whatever fast food restaurant they go to. 

51 minutes ago, Carter said:

@SyCo do us proud !

Anyone gonna be surprised if Trump eventually responds to vote-by-mail by suggesting voter fraud that benefits him would be ok because the Democrats will definitely do it? I don’t think that would shock anyone. I’m actually kind of expecting it.

16 minutes ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

What's chilling is the cops know everyone has a camera phone.

And they still don't care.

On 6/1/2020 at 8:06 PM, Vogelgryff said:

The crap they do when they know there is a good chance they will be filmed. Imagine what they do when there is no camera around...

3 minutes ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

Feels like this was 6 months ago.

I don't know this guy's politics (but I can guess)

Always find it funny when the sovereign citizen types think they can threaten government but go into rage mode if you so much as disrespect it

This should be interesting. Potentially a very distinct moment that could make or break many political careers.

**** this is wild witnessing important history like this. 2020 has been off the rails.

Serious question to everyone back in Georgia, has there been any serious looting? Just skimming the past couple pages, I get the feeling that a lot of people seem to be trashing the police response to some of these protests, but not a lot of discussion of the violence and looting that is also occurring. I will admit I didn’t go back through the past 50 pages in the last week, so I may have missed it. 

I now live in San Francisco, and work in Oakland. I was at a peaceful protest in Oakland last Friday, and left well before sun down. A bit after I left, a federal security guard/officer was murdered in a targeted killing, and another wounded. While that news was making it through the crowd, and once the sun started setting, opportunists, without much overlap with protesters, began looting and burning. 

They looted and tried to burn a Target a block from my office. Above that Target were about 200 new apartments, and graffiti on the building complained about”gentrifiers.” Many other stores in Oakland and San Francisco were looted that night, and then all over the Bay Area the rest of the weekend. The next day, 2 gun stores in the Bay Area were picked clean, and it appears the same group stole 16 cars from a dealership. Only part of this has been recovered. As the crime progressed, the response by the police started to increase in aggression. 

By Monday morning, most of the police around the Bay Area had been working 16 hour days, 3 out of 4 days. They were breaking. Their responses got more aggressive. I saw a water bottle get thrown from a crowd at police, which triggered tear gas. The Friday I was there in person, I watched water bottles, glass bottles, rocks, etc. be thrown at the line with barely a response. Things had changed. 

i guess my point of all this is as follows: the police actions in MN were appalling and demand justice. The protests were and are justified, but as the line between protester and looter blurred, and the police were pushed past their normal limits, the actions of both sides became more aggressive. There are certainly examples on both sides that were out of control. What I don’t see in the last couple pages is any real discussion of the context of these photos, just a bunch of shots at police response in the US as if it is somehow on par with much more brutal crack downs in Hong Kong, or brutal repression in Iran that has cost the lives of a thousand Iranians for every American protester who has been killed in the last decade. When did a demand for reform with America require this level of false equivalency? What am I missing?