Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Spts1

Falcons new schedule is tough.

Posted (edited)

Dates obviously haven't been set but the teams they play have been.  Looking at the lineup they play, their moves in free agency furthers my opinion that the Falcons are in win now mode and will move up in the draft.  They have no time for draft projects, they need impact players now.  They gonna move up for either a defensive end, corner or safety.

The schedule has them at Kansas City,  at Dallas, at Green Bay. Minnesota on the schedule. The Chargers will be tough.  The Raiders will be tough.  Brady twice. Bridgewater twice. Whats left of Brees twice. No time to play around here. This upcoming season could turn ugly real fast.

https://fbschedules.com/atlanta-falcons-schedule/

Edited by Spts1

It’s a brutal schedule with a over under win total around 8-9. We’ll see what happens between now and September but yes we do need fire power on defense. Most teams on the schedule were better than us last year. I’ll remain optimistic thinking we’re more of the team from the second half of last season and take the over. It’s going to start with staying healthy and the defense playing the way it ended the season last yr. I got a feeling the offense will be very very good.

32 minutes ago, Dirtybird3 said:

Why is Bridgewater mentioned? They have cmc, no more Luke either. Not worried about the panties. Vikings with no Diggs or Rhodes makes a difference. Not scared of GB anymore, especially if gurley is gurley. 

Quinn seems to have Green Bays number.

Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, Dirtybird3 said:

Why is Bridgewater mentioned? They have cmc, no more Luke either. Not worried about the panties. Vikings with no Diggs or Rhodes makes a difference. Not scared of GB anymore, especially if gurley is gurley. 

Because he is good. The Panthers have a running game to open up even more opportunities for Bridgewater.  Their new coach is offensive oriented too.  Panthers gonna be tough...

Edited by Spts1

11 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

It appears every single season we get threads about how tough the schedule is based on last years rankings, etc...and every year many of the teams that make the schedule ‘unbearable’ don’t live up to expectations. 

Thats correct.  Teams can change from year to year. What I'm looking at with this schedule though is there are a ton of coaches that are either hot seat potential or new and want to prove they can win.  A lot of story lines on that schedule. Depth is gonna be a key for the Falcons this season...

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Dirtybird3 said:

Teams with new coaches and QBs are very motivated to prove something and we never seem to fare well against em.

Edited by Hard2BaBirdWachr

1 hour ago, ya_boi_j said:

On paper it looks tough. Only thing that matters is how the team plays. Last time they went 13-3 they had a tough schedule.

I am just gonna put it out there.

There is no such thing as an easy NFL Schedule. 

As you said, it comes down to how well we play at the end of the day.

25 minutes ago, 5stripes said:

Chiefs Packers Vikings and Cowgirls all on the road isn’t pretty. Upgraded division opponents. Well Quinn and TD better be ready or it’s adios

Vikes may come to us this year

2 minutes ago, 5stripes said:

The home and away schedule is already set. Just don’t have the dates. We play there

9CC22A67-058B-4350-AF75-F4DB7055AE1F.jpeg

Geez... we went up there last season and got slaughtered. So I'm taking it that the next 2 times we play them after this they come to ATL?

1 minute ago, Hard2BaBirdWachr said:

Geez... we went up there last season and got slaughtered. So I'm taking it that the next 2 times we play them after this they come to ATL?

Im not sure about the next 2 times. This time we play there because we play NFC north division as a whole. Last time we went there because they were the same slotted finish opponent. When we play NFC north in the divisions rotation again, they should come here.

Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, 5stripes said:

The home and away schedule is already set. Just don’t have the dates. We play there

9CC22A67-058B-4350-AF75-F4DB7055AE1F.jpeg

Name ONE easy game on that away schedule that you would favor the Falcons.  The home games that they SHOULD be favored are Detroit and Denver.  Chicago is up in the air with their changes...

Edited by Spts1

7 minutes ago, Spts1 said:

Name ONE easy game on that away schedule that you would favor the Falcons.   The home games that they SHOULD be favored are Detroit and Denver.  Chicago is up in the air with their change...

Chargers are the only game I would say they should win. I don’t take division games lightly, they are toss ups and the rest are pretty much playoff teams the last 2 years. Not saying we can’t win them but no way would I expect to be favored if all teams are healthy