Like most years, TD seems to possibly have found "his guy" keading up to the draft. 

Moving up to 11 would probably only require a 3rd, or at the very most a 3rd and 4th(we dont have a 5th or 6th).

Given who is believed to be available at 11, i think it is coming down to either Brown, Kinlaw, Chaisson, or Henderson. I dont think Okudah or Simmons are the reason for this interest in trading up, as i dont believe either of them get to 11. 

We may be hearing that Henderson wont make it to 16, as he very well could be our CB of choice. IMO, I think its coming down to one if the DT's or Chaisson. Chaisson gives us another pass rusher, while also a replacement for Campbell. Brown or kinlaw would give us a young, and supremely talented front 4 though. A DL of Takk/Jarrett/Kinlaw or Brown/Fowler would improve the defense IMMENSELY. I think its for a DT, and we are finally making VAST improvements to the DL, and that potential front 4 would make life for our back 7 incredibly easier. LBs could flow to the ball carrier earlier, and the constant pressure from 4 guys would improve both our run and pass game by leaps and bounds. It would do wonders for Takks production, give most of our DL single coverage, and would also maximize the production from players like Takk, Fowler, Jarrett, DeBo, and our DBs not having to civer for 4+ seconds lol. 

I am thiniing we trade our 3rd to move up to 11 for kinlaw or Brown, drafting the best CB available in the 2nd, and getting a SLB in round 4. I am praying to GOD we get this done, and hoping even more that we get to see this new DL in 2020, and dont see the season cancelled. Keeping fingers crossed. Whenever they see the field again, even if its in 2020, we will see a newly formed defense that will hopefully bring us back to the SB, and win it this time. 

Edited by LaurentRobinsonDaGawd
  • Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I swear if we trade up for Henderson I hope McKay fires both TD and Quinn

Please sweet baby Jesus let Simmons fall. Please please please. 

SMH, I just don't want to move up. Move back

2 minutes ago, caponine said:

I wouldnt be surprised if its Okudah tbh or Henderson. Get our #1 corner and hopefully a lock down corner. 

I think its for Kinlaw or Brown. We met with kinlaw at senior bowl AND combine. Brown is also the perfect NT who can penetrate. Both are elite athletes for their size, and would benefit our highly priced investments in fowler and jarrett the most, as well as transforming the rest of our defense. 

2 minutes ago, RYNE said:

So who is the expert/insider on 92.9? Assuming it’s a local channel as I don’t live in Atlanta. I mean do these people actually know what they’re talking about?

Te Thomas' history is so rough.

Like.. rough. But he did predict we would trade up to 26 with Seattle when we took McKinley, so there's some substance.

11 minutes ago, LaurentRobinsonDaGawd said:

I think its for Kinlaw or Brown. We met with kinlaw at senior bowl AND combine. Brown is also the perfect NT who can penetrate. Both are elite athletes for their size, and would benefit our highly priced investments in fowler and jarrett the most, as well as transforming the rest of our defense. 

Remember this year could be crazy with all the QB and WR talent in the NFC South we need good cb's. 

I understand TD may have had talks as a just in case scenario, like he has said before, there is a ton of talks that go on leading up to the draft seeing whose open for business and who’s happy where they are, but there’s just no way of knowing who will be there and who will not be there.

Anyways I’ll play the game too, I think it’s Chaisson. Dude is a stud and it’s just my feeling teams aren’t liking him more and more as the draft process goes on. I don’t think he lasts until 16.

11 minutes ago, ZoneOne01 said:

Kinlaw will be gone before 16 so it makes sense. 

I think brown and kinlaw go in the range around 11. His atheltacism and potential makes kinlaw a VERY intriguing porspect to complete our starting front 4. 

DE - Takk

DT - Jarrett

DT - Kinlaw

DE - Fowler Jr.

Probably all smoke, but if not, I think it'd be Okudah, Simmons, or Brown. Maybe even Chaisson. If any are there, I can't say I'd hate the move up tbh. Just depends what it'd cost. 

Still thinking staying put or trading down would be our best bet, but that's hardly TD's MO. I think trading down would surprise me more than most player selections would.

1 minute ago, stizz said:

Lose that last game against the Bucs and you pick 11. Unreal that someone just didn't tell Koo to miss the kick. TD always thinks we're one player away and gets in his own way each year. You'd think he'd learn after all the trade ups led to zero titles.

Yea, tell the guy hoping for a job next season to miss a kick for a draft pick.  I’m not so sure your not the one being unreal.

5 minutes ago, stizz said:

Lose that last game against the Bucs and you pick 11. Unreal that someone just didn't tell Koo to miss the kick. TD always thinks we're one player away and gets in his own way each year. You'd think he'd learn after all the trade ups led to zero titles.

Yeah.. TD and Quinn "playing checkers" every season even tho the season was over half way in.

1 minute ago, 32wood84white said:

Yea, tell the guy hoping for a job next season to miss a kick for a draft pick.  I’m not so sure your not the one being unreal.

The guy had proven himself to be an asset with onside kicks and proved to be a decent enough kick field goals.

Funny, the guy who missed three field goals kept his job and hasn't had competition brought in by his coach.