This years draft depth

After the first 4 OL come off the board the talent level drops greatly. Same thing with CB. After the first three come off the board it drops greatly as well. There is plenty of D line depth with the likes of Blaylock, Madibuike, Elloitt and others that will still be available round 2. LB, RB, WR, and S depth are stacked as well so it would be foolish to pick one of those positions round 1. I just don't like picking CBs because of 1 to 2 year learning curve. But I am telling you after Wirfs, Thomas, Becton, and Willis come off the board the o-line talent is shaky, and after Adkudah, Henderson, Arnette, and Diggs come off the board the CB talent is shaky. Love Kinlaw. He's my pick. But due to the low amount of Talent Depth I am not going to flip if Falcons take a OL or CB round 1. 

Edited by Refried Beans

3 minutes ago, Refried Beans said:

Yea I don't know about that, in this years draft you can still get a good LB, DT, RB, WR, and S round 3, you cant sat that for CB or OL. 

Good and top 4 talent are two different things. There are always diamonds in the rough and some positions will be deeper than others certain years, but there are different tiers. Just like there is a massive drop after Chase Young and Simmons at their respective positions just from their pick to the 2nd pick at their position, so there also is a drop from the top 4 RBs taken to the ones drafted after imo

4 minutes ago, Mister pudding said:

Good and top 4 talent are two different things. There are always diamonds in the rough and some positions will be deeper than others certain years, but there are different tiers. Just like there is a massive drop after Chase Young and Simmons at their respective positions just from their pick to the 2nd pick at their position, so there also is a drop from the top 4 RBs taken to the ones drafted after imo

Yea but the drop in talent in OL and CB goes down DRAMATICALLY.  

1 minute ago, Refried Beans said:

No it doesn't the CB depth is really strong through the 1st 3 rounds.  Heck some of the guys in round 3 are as good if not better than guys like Henderson and Fulton.  Jaylon Johnson, Gladney, Arnette, Igo, Diggs, maybe even Robertson are all possibly better than those 2 and you can have them in the next 2 rounds.

Don't necessarily agree, but we probably just view the prospects differently. I think after Okudah, the skill drops off a cliff. Here's how I view the depth in general, with top being Round 1 talent, middle being Round 2/3 talent, and bottom being Day 3 talent:

QB: Decent top (Burrow and Tua), poor middle, poor bottom

RB: Great top (Dobbins, Taylor, Swift), good middle, decent bottom

WR: Great top, great middle, great bottom

TE: Awful top, decent middle, great bottom

OT: Great top, decent middle, decent bottom

IOL: Good top, great middle, poor bottom

DE: Awful top (Young, maybe Chaisson, and then...?), decent middle, poor bottom

DT: Decent top, great middle, great bottom

LB: Good top (Simmons, Chaisson, Queen, Baun), good middle, decent bottom

CB: Awful top (Okudah), great middle, decent bottom

S: Great top, good middle, decent bottom

5 minutes ago, Refried Beans said:

There's a reason that we took OL with our first 2 picks last year. Again, some positions are deeper in the draft than others. Glad we traded for Hurst because the tight end class is garbage. But the 5th or later taken at any position any year should be a big drop off, on paper at least

5 hours ago, Refried Beans said:

After the first 4 OL come off the board the talent level drops greatly. Same thing with CB. After the first three come off the board it drops greatly as well. There is plenty of D line depth with the likes of Blaylock, Madibuike, Elloitt and others that will still be available round 2. LB, RB, WR, and S depth are stacked as well so it would be foolish to pick one of those positions round 1. I just don't like picking CBs because of 1 to 2 year learning curve. But I am telling you after Wirfs, Thomas, Becton, and Willis come off the board the o-line talent is shaky, and after Adkudah, Henderson, Arnette, and Diggs come off the board the CB talent is shaky. Love Kinlaw. He's my pick. But due to the low amount of Talent Depth I am not going to flip if Falcons take a OL or CB round 1. 

I hope we pick the best OG/ Center ,, for the pick in the draft... = Tyston Colon-Castillo from Missouri.  6-4, 315,  in the 7th round.

4 hours ago, Refried Beans said:

I’ll go on record that I think Josh Jones has a longer and better pro career than Becton.

1 hour ago, Draftnut57 said:

I hope we pick the best OG/ Center ,, for the pick in the draft... = Tyston Colon-Castillo from Missouri.  6-4, 315,  in the 6th round.

You think a likely 7th round/udfa is the best guard/center in the draft?  He has short arms and still only put up 11 reps at bench press (Peter Konz anyone?), struggles getting to second level.  I remember watching Kinlaw destroy him over and over when I watched his tape.  Solid in pass pro, not good against the run, but I’d be worried if you lack strength AND athleticism how you will do well at the next level, technique and effort will only get you so far.

40 minutes ago, Rings said:

You think a likely 7th round/udfa is the best guard/center in the draft?  He has short arms and still only put up 11 reps at bench press (Peter Konz anyone?), struggles getting to second level.  I remember watching Kinlaw destroy him over and over when I watched his tape.  Solid in pass pro, not good against the run, but I’d be worried if you lack strength AND athleticism how you will do well at the next level, technique and effort will only get you so far.

I said for the pick,, he's ranked to go in the 7th round.. ... yes I think he'd be worth a 7th,, let him sit back and learn ,,

3 hours ago, Draftnut57 said:

I said for the pick,, he's ranked to go in the 7th round.. ... yes I think he'd be worth a 7th,, let him sit back and learn ,,

Your double commas and five periods make your sentences hard as **** to read, I had no clue what you meant by “,, for the pick in the draft... =“

10 hours ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Don't necessarily agree, but we probably just view the prospects differently. I think after Okudah, the skill drops off a cliff. Here's how I view the depth in general, with top being Round 1 talent, middle being Round 2/3 talent, and bottom being Day 3 talent:

Do you remember what I said about eating the tough piece of chicken

On 4/4/2020 at 0:51 PM, Francis York Morgan said:

I agree with all you said  except for your grading of the DEs..  There are a lot of good DEs  even in the first round. IMO. Some in the form of OLB , some in the form of a larger DL who can rush,, but is still considered an Edge rusher..   And the DTs are the best in History of the draft IMO also..  Sure hope we pop the whip and get two DL with our top two picks.. Best players available at the DT and DE position  with our first two picks..That's what I think we'll do because of the way the draft is ranked..