Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jlrfalcon

What's the Most Unexpected but Realistic Thing We Do with Our #16 Pick?

How many actually saw us ending up with Lindstrom & McGary Last Year (2019) in the 1st Round?

How many actually thought we would end up with Ridley the Year Before (2018)?

Perhaps the approach we should have in these threads is not to go with what we expect to happen - Henderson, Kinlaw, Chaisson, etc., BUT instead to think about what we least expect to happen.  I do not mean something ridiculous like trading up for Burrow, trading our 1st for multiple 7th round picks or a 1st rounder in 2023, or packaging Julio and our 1st round pick for a RB. 

But what are some really unexpected things but not necessarily ridiculous things we could do?

Sample - We are really worried about Gurley and draft Swift to be safe?  Perhaps trade our #16 down a few slots to maybe get Swift and Chaisson or maybe Epenesa?

Jason Butt of the Athletic has the Falcons picking up Kenneth Murray (LB-Oklahoma) now in his mock - I would have not even thought of him until today, he would be a clear replacement for Devondre, but nobody else has really even mentioned him.

Im gonna say Safety at our pick would be a bit of a surprise but i honestly wouldn't hate it if it was Winfield or Mckinney i prefer Winfield though.  I really think he is just that **** good of a player that will make our defense better.  I can move other players different places to make it work.

Just now, jlrfalcon said:

Jason Butt of the Athletic has the Falcons picking up Kenneth Murray (LB-Oklahoma) now in his mock - I would have not even thought of him until today, he would be a clear replacement for Devondre, but nobody else has really even mentioned him.

My friend you haven't seen many threads then because theirs alot of people on here who have mentioned him and like him to us lol.

It would be unexpected for us to trade our first round pick in next years draft, but I'd be ok with it as long as we get to keep our 2nd this year. I think we are in a position where its ok to use future picks with Ryan and Julio getting up there in age. 

The most unexpected but realistic, at least imho, is that we take Baun or Winfield Jr. I think we surprise most of TATF and go safety in the first two rounds regardless of what else happens. Only one safety under contract next year...

Other unexpected thing I could see? Trade down. I lowkey think we were going to do it last year and were worried the Vikes would take Lindstrom so we stayed put.

4 minutes ago, Clark Kent™ said:

It would be unexpected for us to trade our first round pick in next years draft, but I'd be ok with it as long as we get to keep our 2nd this year. I think we are in a position where its ok to use future picks with Ryan and Julio getting up there in age. 

I’m fully on board with this idea for Simmons...get the ultimate game wrecker...LB or S, doesn’t matter...

I still think we could trade this years 2nd and swap thirds with ARI at 8 and I’d be perfectly fine with move...

ARI doesn’t have a 2nd, so it’s very logical...

Now maybe we don’t think Simmons falls that far, so then we would be looking at 2021 1st to go higher

We trade our #16 down a few spots where they can still get a player they covet and pick up an extra pick. Then, like last year, they trade back late into the first round and get another top talent. 

Or they do nothing and draft as the draft order currently shows. 

Regardless of what they do specifically, I just hope that when the draft and free agency are over, together cumulatively they have taken something that was clearly a weakness last year and turn it in to something that is clearly a strength this year. 

25 minutes ago, Clark Kent™ said:

Been saying this....the window is closing. Go all in this yr like the Saints did and almost made it to the bowl two yrs ago when the bad PI call got em. I hoping TD puts the pieces together but I’m not betting the farm on it. Clowney/ Griffin or Golden and two first rounders in this yr draft might do it

Just now, Atl Falcon said:

Been saying this....the window is closing. Go all in this yr like the Saints did and almost made it to the bowl two yrs ago when the bad PI call got em. I hoping TD puts the pieces together but I’m not betting the farm on it. Clowney/ Griffin or Golden and two first rounders in this yr draft might do it

As long as we got Matt Ryan our window is always open.