Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FentayeJones

Robert Quinn's Coin Flip

21 hours ago, Osiruz said:

Chiraq is amazing when it comes to horrible weather and crime.

And super high taxes. City should have declared bankruptcy few years back if not for Illinois laws on bankruptcy. 

20 hours ago, etherdome said:

That's not fair.  Both cities can be great places to live and horrible places to live. 

Chicago has more money.  Atlanta has a bit more soul.  That is my impression and my impression does not make it fact.  

Had friends who lives there for a while and they say the south side is a disaster. I also lived in St Louis for a while and the weather is similar. They have those deep freezes in winter, and tornado where it gets very ugly. 

On 4/3/2020 at 3:40 PM, FalconFanSince1970 said:

My second home. Great city. Better than Atlanta.

Lived in Atlanta and spent a lot of time in Chicago.  Both are great cities, but Chitown winters suck.

On ‎4‎/‎3‎/‎2020 at 3:40 PM, FalconFanSince1970 said:

My second home. Great city. Better than Atlanta.

matter of opinion......in ours nope ATL is where it's at!!!

Posted (edited)
On 4/3/2020 at 3:32 PM, 1989Fan said:

My decision would be based on the fact that I would never want to live in Chicago.

While I myself don't want to live in Chicago (too cold), I do like to visit Chicago. I think it is a great city for the most part with a lot to do and see. 

Edited by 4dabirds

On 4/3/2020 at 6:51 PM, FalconFanSince1970 said:

LMAO. I love Atlanta. It's my home. I've lived here all my life. My wife is from Chicago so I'm there often. It's my second home. We stay with her parents when we're in town. They live downtown on the Magnificent Mile. Mag Mile or downtown Atlanta? Bwahahaha. No comparison. Not even Buckhead compares. The Battery or Wrigleysville? The Battery is a Wrigleysville wannabe. Yacht party on Lake Michigan or houseboat party on Lake Lanier? Grant Park or Piedmont Park? I actually like Piedmont more but many would prefer Grant. Where is the Navy Pier in Atlanta? At Ray's On The River? Coca Cola museum in Atlanta or one of the many real museums of Chicago? Take a boat tour along the Chicago River or raft down the Chattahoochee? LMAO. Truist Park or Wrigley Field? Ha. Stroll along the beaches of Lake Michigan or get a tan at Clayton County Beach? Don't even get me started on restaurants. Crime is about the same in both cities. And for the guy who said we have more hot women? Ugh no. Think about it. They have dam near twice the people and are way more diverse. The female tourists on the Mag Mile alone would blow us away on any given day. Took this on a Saturday morning walk in Chicago not too long ago.

Image may contain: skyscraper, sky, tree and outdoor

Where is the skate park in Atlanta like this one?

No photo description available.

Chicago might have a more developed city but that's not the end all, be all. Why are you in Atlanta and not Chicago? You have to factor in cost of living, weather, and other factors. Considering all that, I choose Atlanta over Chicago. There is a reason why Chicago's population keeps on declining while Atlanta keeps on growing with Northern transplants moving down here.

22 minutes ago, MilleniumFalcon said:

Chicago might have a more developed city but that's not the end all, be all. Why are you in Atlanta and not Chicago? You have to factor in cost of living, weather, and other factors. Considering all that, I choose Atlanta over Chicago. There is a reason why Chicago's population keeps on declining while Atlanta keeps on growing with Northern transplants moving down here.

I love Atlanta. From Atlanta. Never lived anywhere but Atlanta. Probably die in Atlanta. But I'm not sure ATL would be a better choice than CHI for somebody like Robert Quinn. Pound for pound a better city. Plus he joins an elite defense.

We're quickly closing the gap on CHI in cost of living. Their traffic sucks. Ours is worse. Their rail system is way better. The winters blow, but our summers can be just as brutal with the heat, humidity, rain and tornadoes. Downright nasty. 

ATL and CHI are two of my favorite cities. For many reasons. Love em both.

20 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

I love Atlanta. From Atlanta. Never lived anywhere but Atlanta. Probably die in Atlanta. But I'm not sure ATL would be a better choice than CHI for somebody like Robert Quinn. Pound for pound a better city. Plus he joins an elite defense.

We're quickly closing the gap on CHI in cost of living. Their traffic sucks. Ours is worse. Their rail system is way better. The winters blow, but our summers can be just as brutal with the heat, humidity, rain and tornadoes. Downright nasty. 

Prefer the cold over the heat. You can add clothes. You can only remove so much. 

7 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

Prefer the cold over the heat. You can add clothes. You can only remove so much. 

That sounds good until it's negative temperatures in April. Born in Atlanta but worked in Indianapolis for two years and those winters are rougher than Atlanta summers. 

17 minutes ago, stizz said:

That sounds good until it's negative temperatures in April. Born in Atlanta but worked in Indianapolis for two years and those winters are rougher than Atlanta summers. 

I'm in the A during the winter. Playing golf in 55 degree weather.

Try to go to CHI when the heat is on down here. Great experience.

Robert Quinn will probably enjoy CHI. The city and the defense.

1 hour ago, stizz said:

Never dealt with that thankfully. 

1 hour ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

I'm in the A during the winter. Playing golf in 55 degree weather.

Try to go to CHI when the heat is on down here. Great experience.

Robert Quinn will probably enjoy CHI. The city and the defense.

He's not going to like the deicing, defrosting and heating his vehicle for 15 minutes before you can go anywhere for three months. That was debilitating every morning. 

2 hours ago, stizz said:

Ellis Johnson chose to live in Indy during the winter and fly his prop down to the A during the summer of 2002. Showed up and beat as. My niece was born and bred in ATL. Been a doctor in Indy for a decade.

4 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

The Atlanta Community offers to trade  @FalconFanSince1970 to the City of Chicago - for  - OK, we will pay you $20 to take him.

2 hours ago, stizz said:

He's not going to like the deicing, defrosting and heating his vehicle for 15 minutes before you can go anywhere for three months. That was debilitating every morning. 

His car will be in a heated garage, different living conditions my man!

4 hours ago, Ovie_Lover said:

I used to think that. Now I figure you can do fun stuff to cool off (swim, drink beer) and being cold just sucks to me anymore. Then again in PA the summers aren’t as hot and the winters are colder. I used to like skiing, sledding, snowmobiles...nowadays- **** all that! Maybe I’m just getting old. :lol:

8 hours ago, Ovie_Lover said:

Half naked women > women in layers of clothing

I'm a skinny ******* tho. I had to go to Chicago for a week for job training in February and I literally thought I was going to die every time I stepped outside.