Dante Fowler says his goal is to break Strahan's sack record

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I got fatigue from this stuff after hearing Vic claim he’s a double digit sack guy and all of Takk’s unmet seasonal goals....

Yeah? My goal is to bang every model on the Sports Illustrated swimsuit calendar. Best of luck to both of us, pal.

How are you coming along with that goal?  Weekly gif updates would be appreciated,  I’m rooting for ya

21 minutes ago, shock said:

I got fatigue from this stuff after hearing Vic claim he’s a doubt digit sack guy and all of Takk’s unmet seasonal goals....

Yeah, but Fowler isn't trying to prove that he's a double digit sack guy, he's saying that he wants to do something no one has ever done but all pass rushers dream to accomplish. Which is get 23 sacks in one season.

It's been quite a long time since Strahan broke Mark Gastineau's season sack record(with the help of Farve).

3 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Glad he said it's his goal and not sign, seal and deliver it

Yep, Fowler is a smart man.

He's not putting any extra heat on himself by saying what he wants to do and not making the mistake about what he's gonna do.

People eat that stuff alive, especially here lol.

1 minute ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

Yep, Fowler is a smart man.

He's not putting any extra heat on himself by saying what he wants to do and not making the mistake about what he's gonna do.

People eat that stuff alive, especially here lol.

Or promising a shaved head if 10 sacks are not had...and then not shaving the head..lol

I like it.  Can't fault a man for having confidence in his own abilities.  I am hoping for about 12, but I wouldn't be said if he beat my hopes.  Look, the guy is not stupid. He knows that the Falcons, and the fans, have expectations.  He also knows that everyone should have expectations. When you sign for that kind of jack, there are going to be expectations.

45 minutes ago, thamill said:

I would prefer his goal be a championship

That's a team goal, which I'm sure being so close and not getting it in Super Bowl LIII must still be on his mind. How are you gonna put that all on one player, especially one that plays on defense?

Just now, Mr.11 said:

That's a team goal, which I'm sure being so close and not getting it in Super Bowl LIII must still be on his mind. How are you gonna put that all on one player, especially one that plays on defense?

Well he plays on a "team" so his goals should be "team" goals.  Ever listen to Julio when he was asked by a reporter if he was upset if he wasn't targeted much in a game?  His response is usually something along the lines of "Did we win?"  All Julio cares about is winning.  He doesn't care about how many yards, receptions, or TDs he has.  He's focused on the team goal.  When you have an entire locker room in sync and laser focused and driven towards a "team" goal, magic happens.   

2 minutes ago, thamill said:

Well he plays on a "team" so his goals should be "team" goals.  Ever listen to Julio when he was asked by a reporter if he was upset if he wasn't targeted much in a game?  His response is usually something along the lines of "Did we win?"  All Julio cares about is winning.  He doesn't care about how many yards, receptions, or TDs he has.  He's focused on the team goal.  When you have an entire locker room in sync and laser focused and driven towards a "team" goal, magic happens.   

Oh please. I remember Julio talking about he might go for 2000 or 3000 receiving yards. It's not wrong to set personal goals. If it helps the team win, then by all means, go for it. Breaking Strahan's sack record would almost unequivocally help the team win, as he by himself would be accounting for more than two-thirds of the sacks the team generated last season.

4 minutes ago, Mr.11 said:

Oh please. I remember Julio talking about he might go for 2000 or 3000 receiving yards. It's not wrong to set personal goals. If it helps the team win, then by all means, go for it. Breaking Strahan's sack record would almost unequivocally help the team win, as he by himself would be accounting for more than two-thirds of the sacks the team generated last season.

You remember when the Patriots went to the SB in 2001 (I think that was the year) and they got introduced as a TEAM instead of individually like the Rams?  You remember how the Rams were favored by 14 and all anyone could talk about were the individual super stars on the Rams?   You remember when the Pats won and started a dynasty with a team first mentality?

Pepperidge Farms remembers.

11 minutes ago, Mr.11 said:

https://www.atlantafalcons.com/video/wr-julio-jones-cares-about-contributing-to-the-team-s-success-not-his-stats

This completely nulls your argument about Julio.