Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guvmintcheeze

So what ya'll been watching?

On actual television, TWD (meh, but the kids still like it), Better Call Saul (best show that has ever been on television in my opinion) and The Masked Singer.

On Netflix, Ozark.  Season 3 is fantastic.  Just got to the end of the penultimate episode yesterday, watching the finale hopefully tonight.  

I have not yet watched Tiger King, but I probably will break down from boredom.  I plan to get outside with the kids and shoot the bow some tomorrow or Friday and I'm doing some work on my guitars at the moment in the hopes we might be able do do a gig by other than videoconference before too much longer. They canceled our annual festival gig in April.

Reboot of an old Stephen Spielberg show from the '80s. It's inconsistent but interesting.

Just got around to watching season 2 of the most demented show ever. I'd be kicked out of church if I told them I was a fan of Happy!

I like Locke & Key but I'm not sure why. Its tone is kind of odd, where it goes from being something that a kid might watch to having content that no parent wants his/her kid to see. I binged it within a few days, so clearly that's not a deal breaker for me. Eager for season 2.

I honestly didn't expect to enjoy this one but after watching the first episode, I'm sold. Much better than I thought it would be.

This is an X-FIles knockoff that is kind of corny in its story telling but has interesting episodes and world building.

Also watched and enjoyed;
The Outsider - Excellent if you can handle a slow burn horror series.

Lincoln Rhyme: Hunt For The Bone Collector - Network fare, but once you get past the constant exposition there are good stories each week. The problem is they have two hours worth of content each week and in order to pack it into 42 minutes, the lead character is a genius with a photographic memory who literally explains 45 minutes of the investigation in a one-minute section of each episode. I'll watch next season if it is greenlit.

Who Killed Malcolm X? - The content is better than the direction and editing. Watch only if you're interested in the subject going in.

Star Trek: Picard - Much better than ST: Discovery. There are silly unexplainable things that happen in every episode but they're easy to ignore if you want to enjoy the show. Patrick Stewart is easily the best thing on the show, as he should be.

The Masked Singer - Don't @ me. 

Also, in the past two weeks I"ve watched 21 Bridges (thumbs up), Bad Boys For Life (middle finger up), The Invisible Man (five thumbs up), and Bloodshot (take the producers' thumbs and shove them up their *****).

I've been hitting this site pretty hard.  Very interesting if you are interested in ancient history.

The channel has a myriad of eyewitness account type content.  Also, apparently Alexander the Great could write an epic dis letter.

4 hours ago, Scrunchomarx said:

Maga hat episode pure gold. you watching it again or you still working on it?

Harpo, you remind me of the biker in the MAGA scene. Then again, you also remind me of Mocha Joe. Chico, you are the true dichotomy of Curb characters. 

6 hours ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Harpo, you remind me of the biker in the MAGA scene. Then again, you also remind me of Mocha Joe. Chico, you are the true dichotomy of Curb characters. 

Headed to the van down by the lake this weekend?

9 minutes ago, Scrunchomarx said:

Headed to the van down by the lake this weekend?

Yep, trying to maintain two houses 100 miles apart is not as easy as one might think, Zeppo. My wife is at the lake with the cats, I am in Fairfax slowly doing work on the house there getting it ready for sale. My wife will retire sooner or later, but she has a really good consulting gig working a few days a week, but she does it in the Fairfax area. If she decides to retire full time or if they would let her work from the lake, we will sell the Fairfax home.  In lieu of how things are right now we may wait until next spring, when things are almost normal again. 

It will be soon enough. 

On 4/1/2020 at 9:33 AM, Guvmintcheeze said:

Me, I've been on this 1864

The trailer looks interesting.  How can I watch it?  Keep in mind that I am a tech moron.  

I have Netflix and I think I can get Amazon TV.  

I just discovered these dudes on Youtube.  This reinforces my belief that Jimmy Page should release their entire catalog with the vocals removed.  These guys all appear to be supreme musicians too.

On 4/1/2020 at 3:54 PM, JayOzOne said:

Reboot of an old Stephen Spielberg show from the '80s. It's inconsistent but interesting.

I loved Amazing Stories back in the 80's. The episode where a man is on a movie set playing the Mummy, but has to rush to the hospital to be with his wife who's giving birth, was one of my favorites.

https://www.nbc.com/amazing-stories/video/mummy-daddy/2909095