Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

16 minutes ago, 32wood84white said:

The entire defensive staff plus DQ and TD formally met with Chaisson.

If we draft Chaisson, and with the contracts given to Bailey and Davidson, you may see any variation of Takk, Cominsky who they spoke about being big enough but quick enough to kick inside, move inside in passing situations. 

I wouldn’t be surprised at all if DT is not as big of a need to the front office as some people think. We have variations to play any situation. It may not be the players some fans want but there’s plenty of bodies to mix and match.

I love Chaisson. Think he is the perfect fit for us.

10 minutes ago, MAD597 said:

TD and Quinn seem **** bent on running a defense with all light DE's and LB's on the line and relying only on Grady to be the only real DT. That will fail and they will all be fired after next year.

How do you know that would fail? What’s light about a 265 Takk or 285 Cominsky in pass rush situations. In run situations we have plenty of beef. Davidson is 309 Senat is 305. How many 300 plus guys do you need to carry for an NFL that is predominantly in nickel defense?

Im pretty sure I have seen with my own two eyes Grady and Davidson on the field together, so I don’t see where the need to be dramatic and say they are **** bent on using light DEs and LBS along the line.

2 minutes ago, 32wood84white said:

How do you know that would fail? What’s light about a 265 Takk or 285 Cominsky in pass rush situations. In run situations we have plenty of beef. Davidson is 309 Senat is 305. How many 300 plus guys do you need to carry for an NFL that is predominantly in nickel defense?

Im pretty sure I have seen with my own two eyes Grady and Davidson on the field together, so I don’t see where the need to be dramatic and say they are **** bent on using light DEs and LBS along the line.

Bailey (285) and Tuioti Mariner (285) aren’t small either.

9 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

I also think this is likely. Our DT group appears to be Jarrett, Davison, Senat, Bailey, and Tuoti-Mariner, with Cominsky rotating in somewhat. That's a pretty full room.

Absolutely. And with that said and the likely possibility the top two DTs will be gone before we pick, it looks like the resigning of Davidson and extension of Bailey were made with the outlook of if we do go DT, it will be a later pick that we won’t have to depend on a ton.

If Brown falls into our lap at 16 it'd be tough to pass him up. 

What I'm looking for more than anything in this draft is guys that can come in Day 1 and contribute something meaningful right away. Brown may never be a big sack guy, but he's going to be a force in the run game from Day 1. I believe that he'd have likely had more sacks if he wasn't doubled so much. Guess what he won't see as much of beside Grady?

I could personally care less that we paid TD or Bailey. Brown has the athleticism to play DE in pinch and would give us the ability to deploy a big front to shut down opposing teams run games. We've got to have an identity on defense. I'd like to start by stifling the run and forcing teams to throw. I'd be thrilled if Brown was the pick.

59 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Kinlaw, at least right now, isn't special. At all. And his effort level is mediocre snap to snap. Meanwhile, people are convincing themselves out of liking Brown, who is AT LEAST as good of a pass rusher right now, younger, and has a wider variety of pass rush moves. All because Brown participated at the combine and Kinlaw didn't. It's a joke.

I'd love to hear how Kinlaw, as he is right now, is a better pass rusher than DB. I have yet to see anyone offer a convincing argument. The article is a load of horse ****, he doesn't have counters. Period. Bull rushes every play. Just tries to bully his way into sacks. Poor motor and not even that great against the run. I feel like no one has actually watched the dude compared to Brown. 

Can anyone here seriously say Kinlaw does anything better than Brown besides his first step? Anything.

I feel like Kinlaw has to do literally everything better and pretty much transforms himself as a player. Brown comes out the gate as an elite run stopper with the motor, talent, and drive to be a 4-6 sack talent immediately next to Jarrett. And he won't be doubled all the **** time like he was in college, unless they want Jarrett to have a one on one...it'd be a terrific move.

I don't know much about kinlaw but Brown is a beast.  Dude dominated in every game I watched.

Just in that clip you see him beating double teams for a sack.  He was even getting triple teamed and was still being disruptive.

Kinlaw on the other hand really didn't flash on his video. 

1 hour ago, MAD597 said:

After today we need interior DL more than any other position and DT has been pretty much neglected most of TD's tenure here. So yes we need DT more than anything, if your interior DL can collapse the pocket and wreck havoc that makes your LB's and CB's better. 

I'd actually double down on DT in the draft and still sign a decent vet DT in Free agency. We are that thin on the interior DL, we need to focus on it or we are screwed.

I totally agree with you that we need a nasty front 4, especially with pocket passers in our division now. I do want a DT in the 1st 2 rounds, but another DE is also a necessity along with CB and LB. we only have so many picks and I want them all to have immediate impact 

48 minutes ago, Jpg428gggg said:

I haven’t watched either of them until you posted this video. Is whoever that wrote this article related to Kinlaw? I couldn’t even finish the tape of Kinlaw because he gave up on so many plays. Once he saw a double team or lost his initial push, his effort was horrible.

Brown on the other hand was a beast. They could not block him during that game. Winning 1on1 battles consistently and fighting through double teams. My favorite play is when he had no chance of getting the ball carrier but still hustled downfield to try to make a play. The kid loves football and I would love to pair him with Grady.

Brown or Kinlaw would be mine, and will the Falcons priority at (16) if either are there, if not consider DL in Round-2.

2 hours ago, Matt_The Iceman_Ryan said:

We have our 2 starters on the DL for 2020...the contract given to TD indicates that...plus we extended Bailey as a 30-40% 3T rotational guy along with Senat as a backup...

Our FO and coaches clearly view things differently.

We won’t take DT in the 1st, but probably a rotational guy in 4th round...

Khalil Davis is this drafts GJ...would love to get him in the 4th as our upside rotational DT at 3T...

As for DE, we have Takk on a year deal, a slightly unproven Fowler on a 3 year deal with an easy out after 2020, and a lot of unproven late round or UDFA guys...

We are going to get a pass rusher early and I still think we sign another FA pass rusher

Look at guys in that 2nd round range and 3rd round range...

I still think we want a game wrecker in the first and will target a trade up...if we don’t get it, we will overdraft a guy at 16 not desiring a trade back and losing him...

Weve done this several times in Neal and Lindstrom...

Baun is the guy...

You forgot Comisky...

7 hours ago, MAD597 said:

We again are screwed at DT unless we double up on them in the draft. This team always seems to think we can generate pass rush with only one good DT on the roster.

Double dip? Lol. What a monumental waste of draft.capital. If we draft a pass rushing DT he's only getting on the field on 3rd down as is. Ytf would we draft 2?

2 hours ago, MD-FalconFan13 said:

What I'm looking for more than anything in this draft is guys that can come in Day 1 and contribute something meaningful right away. Brown may never be a big sack guy, but he's going to be a force in the run game from Day 1. I believe that he'd have likely had more sacks if he wasn't doubled so much. Guess what he won't see as much of beside Grady?

I could personally care less that we paid TD or Bailey. Brown has the athleticism to play DE in pinch and would give us the ability to deploy a big front to shut down opposing teams run games. We've got to have an identity on defense. I'd like to start by stifling the run and forcing teams to throw. I'd be thrilled if Brown was the pick.

I'd rather have a DT whose specialty is penetration/pass rush but that's not all he does.

But if we can get an immediate contributor who is a little more good all around that works too, as long as he can be a 5 sack guy.  I don't think your DT has to be a clogger to be an effective run stopper.  If he can penetrate, he can get TFL's all over the place.

But we just need good players on the line.  I have my preferences, but we need a good DT, good CB, good DE, passable LB, and good OG.  Wouldn't mind a safety and 3rd WR and back in there.

That's too many needs to hit all of them, so you better make sure the ones you cover can play and play now.

Being consistent here a combo of Chaisson Blacklock or Winfield Jnr changes this defense.Get me 2 of these guys and watch the defense eat.

Cut half of those bums that are safeties on this roster and get thee above mentioned no ifs or buts we are better I’d put money on it.

6 hours ago, MD-FalconFan13 said:

Where would you play him 0,1 or 3T I’m interested to hear what you think.

I know how I’d be using him.Yes he’d be my primary run stopper.

I also think it’s not out of the question Derek Brown falls to 16,in fact it wouldn’t surprise me at all.

9 hours ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

Personally, I think Brown is a beast, and if we could get him to play next to GJ, we'd be in great shape.

Read articles that said Brown is a one trick pony with the bull rush. the games I watched him in he seemed to hold his own. Brown may drop to us. 

9 hours ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Kinlaw, at least right now, isn't special. At all. And his effort level is mediocre snap to snap. Meanwhile, people are convincing themselves out of liking Brown, who is AT LEAST as good of a pass rusher right now, younger, and has a wider variety of pass rush moves. All because Brown participated at the combine and Kinlaw didn't. It's a joke.

I'd love to hear how Kinlaw, as he is right now, is a better pass rusher than DB. I have yet to see anyone offer a convincing argument. The article is a load of horse ****, he doesn't have counters. Period. Bull rushes every play. Just tries to bully his way into sacks. Poor motor and not even that great against the run. I feel like no one has actually watched the dude compared to Brown. 

Can anyone here seriously say Kinlaw does anything better than Brown besides his first step? Anything.

I feel like Kinlaw has to do literally everything better and pretty much transforms himself as a player. Brown comes out the gate as an elite run stopper with the motor, talent, and drive to be a 4-6 sack talent immediately next to Jarrett. And he won't be doubled all the **** time like he was in college, unless they want Jarrett to have a one on one...it'd be a terrific move.

Brown demands double teams and will free Garret up!!!!  Awesome!

1 minute ago, capitan said:

Brown demands double teams and will free Garret up!!!!  Awesome!

This is what he’ll have to prove at the next level who he’s beating up on in college maybe a different story at the next level.Here in lies why you have to have a good look at the plan B when looking at Brown and pass rush or teams will just double Jarrett.

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

This is what he’ll have to prove at the next level who he’s beating up on in college maybe a different story at the next level.Here in lies why you have to have a good look at the plan B when looking at Brown and pass rush or teams will just double Jarrett.

Then it will be like just picking your poison with those two...I would take the risk...send him the crazy man's defense camp after we draft him.  Crazy man (Chuck Smith) will whip him into shape!! LOL

Edited by capitan

I actually like the look of Marlon Davidson he’s disruptive as ****.

I can see him doing a role similar to what Bailey does now and also plays with a lot of violence.

Think this is what we need to see and I think adding Fowler and another DT  along those given lines whose disruptive is definitely on thee cards.

11 hours ago, 32wood84white said:

It would fail cause its the exact same crap TD has been doing since he got here. Weak trenches, it's a staple of TD rosters.

We always have problems protecting our QB and sacking the opposing QB.

7 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

Where would you play him 0,1 or 3T I’m interested to hear what you think.

I know how I’d be using him.Yes he’d be my primary run stopper.

I also think it’s not out of the question Derek Brown falls to 16,in fact it wouldn’t surprise me at all.

Every year it's a guy that falls who nobody expects. I think there may be a chance that Brown is that guy this year. Especially as teams start to fall in love with Chaisson. 

I think Swift, Henderson and Chaisson will go higher than expected along with several QBs. This could give us  choice between a high end OL, Brown, Murray, Queen or Fulton. Given those choices I'd go Brown or Murray