Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

For the first time, I see that someone else agrees with me about Brown.  He is a big, strong hombre with little pass rush talent for the NFL.  He reminds me of the long line of big Somoans that appear in NFL drafts year after year.    

Kinlaw is the prize DT in this draft.  Gallimore fits what we do and next to Jarrett, would create headaches for OL's.  

I don't believe we will have a shot at Kinlaw.  For that reason, I would not mind trading back, drafting Gallimore and gaining a pick in the third for a RB or LB.  

2 hours ago, MAD597 said:

We again are screwed at DT unless we double up on them in the draft. This team always seems to think we can generate pass rush with only one good DT on the roster.

The Vikings were a top 5 pass rushing team with zero pass rushing DTS on the roster. It's almost like there's more than one way to get it done. You'll just ignore and continue to cry like a little girl though so you do you bro and by bro I mean never my bro

1 hour ago, etherdome said:

For the first time, I see that someone else agrees with me about Brown.  He is a big, strong hombre with little pass rush talent for the NFL.  He reminds me of the long line of big Somoans that appear in NFL drafts year after year.    

While I agree it’s hard for a good team to pay an elite run stuffing DT market rate and still be good, getting one on a rookie contract can be very beneficial. Carolina went 15-1 and made the Super Bowl with a young Star Lotulelei. 

8 minutes ago, Summerhill said:

While I agree it’s hard for a good team to pay an elite run stuffing DT market rate and still be good, getting one on a rookie contract can be very beneficial. Carolina went 15-1 and made the Super Bowl with a young Star Lotulelei. 

You don't draft a run stuffer in the top 10. Kawann short and Luke made that defense go, not star. 

2 hours ago, MAD597 said:

We again are screwed at DT unless we double up on them in the draft. This team always seems to think we can generate pass rush with only one good DT on the roster.

So you would rather double down at DT and keep one on the bench behind Grady rather than addressing the holes at CB or LB? Davidson is a solid backup imo if we draft a starter 

2 hours ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

The Vikings were a top 5 pass rushing team with zero pass rushing DTS on the roster. It's almost like there's more than one way to get it done. You'll just ignore and continue to cry like a little girl though so you do you bro and by bro I mean never my bro

Dang, someone touched a nerve 

7 minutes ago, Refried Beans said:

Kinlaw round 1 if he is there. 

I think most of us agree.  Unfortunately, a lot of other teams probably feel the same way.  

We won a few meaningless games at the end of the season, so we are at the mercy of other FO's when it comes to getting Kinlaw.  We are picking at #16.  With luck, he will fall to us, though it is not likely.    

Well, at least we have momentum.  P = m v

Posted (edited)

We have our 2 starters on the DL for 2020...the contract given to TD indicates that...plus we extended Bailey as a 30-40% 3T rotational guy along with Senat as a backup...

Our FO and coaches clearly view things differently.

We won’t take DT in the 1st, but probably a rotational guy in 4th round...

Khalil Davis is this drafts GJ...would love to get him in the 4th as our upside rotational DT at 3T...

As for DE, we have Takk on a year deal, a slightly unproven Fowler on a 3 year deal with an easy out after 2020, and a lot of unproven late round or UDFA guys...

We are going to get a pass rusher early and I still think we sign another FA pass rusher

Look at guys in that 2nd round range and 3rd round range...

I still think we want a game wrecker in the first and will target a trade up...if we don’t get it, we will overdraft a guy at 16 not desiring a trade back and losing him...

Weve done this several times in Neal and Lindstrom...

Baun is the guy...

Edited by Matt_The Iceman_Ryan

2 hours ago, Mister pudding said:

So you would rather double down at DT and keep one on the bench behind Grady rather than addressing the holes at CB or LB? Davidson is a solid backup imo if we draft a starter 

After today we need interior DL more than any other position and DT has been pretty much neglected most of TD's tenure here. So yes we need DT more than anything, if your interior DL can collapse the pocket and wreck havoc that makes your LB's and CB's better. 

I'd actually double down on DT in the draft and still sign a decent vet DT in Free agency. We are that thin on the interior DL, we need to focus on it or we are screwed.

4 hours ago, etherdome said:

Kinlaw is the prize DT in this draft.  Gallimore fits what we do and next to Jarrett, would create headaches for OL's.  

I don't believe we will have a shot at Kinlaw.  For that reason, I would not mind trading back, drafting Gallimore and gaining a pick in the third for a RB or LB.  

Raekwon Davis could be good too, as would Marlon Davidson.

6 minutes ago, mtldirtybird said:

Raekwon Davis could be good too, as would Marlon Davidson.

Marlon Davidson is a dog...would be fine w landing him in round 2-3.

Kinlaw, at least right now, isn't special. At all. And his effort level is mediocre snap to snap. Meanwhile, people are convincing themselves out of liking Brown, who is AT LEAST as good of a pass rusher right now, younger, and has a wider variety of pass rush moves. All because Brown participated at the combine and Kinlaw didn't. It's a joke.

4 hours ago, etherdome said:

I'd love to hear how Kinlaw, as he is right now, is a better pass rusher than DB. I have yet to see anyone offer a convincing argument. The article is a load of horse ****, he doesn't have counters. Period. Bull rushes every play. Just tries to bully his way into sacks. Poor motor and not even that great against the run. I feel like no one has actually watched the dude compared to Brown. 

Can anyone here seriously say Kinlaw does anything better than Brown besides his first step? Anything.

I feel like Kinlaw has to do literally everything better and pretty much transforms himself as a player. Brown comes out the gate as an elite run stopper with the motor, talent, and drive to be a 4-6 sack talent immediately next to Jarrett. And he won't be doubled all the **** time like he was in college, unless they want Jarrett to have a one on one...it'd be a terrific move.

The entire defensive staff plus DQ and TD formally met with Chaisson.

If we draft Chaisson, and with the contracts given to Bailey and Davidson, you may see any variation of Takk, Cominsky who they spoke about being big enough but quick enough to kick inside, move inside in passing situations. 

I wouldn’t be surprised at all if DT is not as big of a need to the front office as some people think. We have variations to play any situation. It may not be the players some fans want but there’s plenty of bodies to mix and match.

Just now, 32wood84white said:

If we draft Chaisson, and with the contracts given to Bailey and Davidson, you may see any variation of Takk, Cominsky who they spoke about being big enough but quick enough to kick inside, move inside in passing situations. 

I wouldn’t be surprised at all if DT is not as big of a need to the front office as some people think. We have variations to play any situation. It may not be the players some fans want but there’s plenty of bodies to mix and match.

TD and Quinn seem **** bent on running a defense with all light DE's and LB's on the line and relying only on Grady to be the only real DT. That will fail and they will all be fired after next year.

12 minutes ago, 32wood84white said:

I also think this is likely. Our DT group appears to be Jarrett, Davison, Senat, Bailey, and Tuoti-Mariner, with Cominsky rotating in somewhat. That's a pretty full room.

11 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Kinlaw, at least right now, isn't special. At all. And his effort level is mediocre snap to snap. Meanwhile, people are convincing themselves out of liking Brown, who is AT LEAST as good of a pass rusher right now, younger, and has a wider variety of pass rush moves. All because Brown participated at the combine and Kinlaw didn't. It's a joke.

I'd love to hear how Kinlaw, as he is right now, is a better pass rusher than DB. I have yet to see anyone offer a convincing argument. The article is a load of horse ****, he doesn't have counters. Period. Bull rushes every play. Just tries to bully his way into sacks. Poor motor and not even that great against the run. I feel like no one has actually watched the dude compared to Brown. 

Can anyone here seriously say Kinlaw does anything better than Brown besides his first step? Anything.

I feel like Kinlaw has to do literally everything better and pretty much transforms himself as a player. Brown comes out the gate as an elite run stopper with the motor, talent, and drive to be a 4-6 sack talent immediately best to Jarrett. And he won't be doubled all the **** time like he was in college, unless they want Jarrett to have a one on one...it'd be a terrific move.

I haven’t watched either of them until you posted this video. Is whoever that wrote this article related to Kinlaw? I couldn’t even finish the tape of Kinlaw because he gave up on so many plays. Once he saw a double team or lost his initial push, his effort was horrible.

Brown on the other hand was a beast. They could not block him during that game. Winning 1on1 battles consistently and fighting through double teams. My favorite play is when he had no chance of getting the ball carrier but still hustled downfield to try to make a play. The kid loves football and I would love to pair him with Grady.