Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
FentayeJones

Jack Crawford to the Titans

We better have some serious plans on interior DL. Since this team seems to be allergic to it the plans probably include Grady to be the only quality interior DL on the team.

This draft has a number of very good DT's.  I like Gallimore, but Madubuike, Elliott, Blacklock, Agim, the Davis guys (Khalil and Carlos) all fit into our scheme.  Fotu, Hamilton and Raekwon Davis and Davidson might also be nice run stoppers to pick up. 

Take what a draft gives you.  This draft offers DT's, DB's and RB's into the late rounds.  Why not double-dip at DT (one early, one late)?

Letting Clayborn and Crawford go is not pleasant, but will likely leave us some cap space to pick up a savvy veteran or two at positions of need.    

Given this teams history we will completely ignore DT in the draft and then over pay a couple of scrubs in late FA just to fill out the roster.

I bet if TD could get away with it he'd design a team with no DTs.

3 minutes ago, Peteshweddy said:

Crawford and Clay will be missed.  No, they were not superstars, but both of those guys showed up on game day.  I always felt Crawford was under appreciated here.  Sigh..

Yea besides Grady it's not like we have a ton of great impact guys in the interior DL, Gees TD really is trying to create a defense with only one DT isn't he?

2 minutes ago, NWFALCON said:

Crawford had a bad year last year. He was not very effective in the games I watched. I’ll go back and double check but I got nauseous every time he tried to use his spin move. 

It was really interesting how bad he looked compared to years past. Really think we'll miss Clayborn if anyone, but there are still good players out there, so we'll see.

1 minute ago, Francis York Morgan said:

It was really interesting how bad he looked compared to years past. Really think we'll miss Clayborn if anyone, but there are still good players out there, so we'll see.

Yeah Clay will be missed. I think watching Cominsky and Tuioti Mariner go inside and out after Takk got hurt  kind of sealed Crawford’s fate. Or maybe this will get Senat some snaps at 3T instead of playing Nose. 

7 hours ago, Knight of God said:

Looks like we’re moving on. Hopefully from mediocrity completely 

Now im wishing we could have been the ones that had traded for Calais Campbell instead.  We would have been set with him and Fowler on our team now. 

Now this puts even more pressure on TD to be near perfect in the draft. 

42 minutes ago, NWFALCON said:

Crawford had a bad year last year. He was not very effective in the games I watched. I’ll go back and double check but I got nauseous every time he tried to use his spin move. 

Crawford did appear to be ineffective last year.

Clay, though inconsistent, seemed to make his plays in when it mattered.

I was interested in keeping Clay, but assumed Crawford was gone.  We have a number of guys who can play big DE or small DT which is sort of Crawford's role.

I thought Clay could still be effective on the outside, and don't see a lot of huge upgrades in the draft.

However, there are a lot of DT upgrades in the draft.  I hope we take one instead of feeling like we're good with Jarrett, Davison, Senat, Bailey.

I'm a believer you need to churn through these bottom of the roster veteran players every few years so you don't build a sense of complacency. The Falcons tend to be sentimental so it's good motivation for players to think they could be gone next year if they don't keep bringing it. 

6 hours ago, MAD597 said:

Given this teams history we will completely ignore DT in the draft and then over pay a couple of scrubs in late FA just to fill out the roster.

I bet if TD could get away with it he'd design a team with no DTs.

Dude take your meds.

2 hours ago, MAD597 said:

Yea besides Grady it's not like we have a ton of great impact guys in the interior DL, Gees TD really is trying to create a defense with only one DT isn't he?

Except that he already signed a 2nd starting caliber DT (Davison) and we have two others on the roster (Senat and Mariner) as well as two guys who can swing inside just as Crawford and Clay did. (Bailey, Cominsky)

And the draft didn’t happen yet and FA hasn’t ended.

how many teams have 2 pro bowl level players at DT? That’s what your complaining about 24-7 right?

try again.

6 hours ago, etherdome said:

This draft has a number of very good DT's.  I like Gallimore, but Madubuike, Elliott, Blacklock, Agim, the Davis guys (Khalil and Carlos) all fit into our scheme.  Fotu, Hamilton and Raekwon Davis and Davidson might also be nice run stoppers to pick up. 

Take what a draft gives you.  This draft offers DT's, DB's and RB's into the late rounds.  Why not double-dip at DT (one early, one late)?

Letting Clayborn and Crawford go is not pleasant, but will likely leave us some cap space to pick up a savvy veteran or two at positions of need.    

Poe, Bailey, Hawaiian dude who went to Carolina his names slipping my mind, were all well respected at their positions when we signed them.

Not sure what you’re talking about.

Going back to last year’s draft, DQ and TD said Cominsky projected long term as an interior pass rusher. While a pandemic obviously affects his on-field development, Cominsky moving inside has been a plan for some time.

-Tweet from Jason Butt, the Athletic.