Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Atl Falcon

Predict our back up QB for 2020

Just for the heck of it.....make your prediction for 2020

I’ll go with Kurt Benkert. He was impressive last preseason plus it’ll save a good bit of cap money by cutting Schaub. 
I know it sounds crazy lol but Jameis Winston is going to be a back up somewhere and would be a perfect fit in DK system having played for him in TB. Jameis has all the potential just needs to eliminate the ints and could be some good insurance if MR2 went down. 

I like D Etling as well but he will prolly need another year on the PS. 

I’m a MR2 fan but it wouldn’t be all bad to start looking at the future in case Father Time catches up this year.

BTW I’m not a JW fan but I do think it’s possible that he could end up in Atl this year as the back up

27 minutes ago, Atl Falcon said:

Just for the heck of it.....make your prediction for 2020

I’ll go with Kurt Benkert. He was impressive last preseason plus it’ll save a good bit of cap money by cutting Schaub. 
I know it sounds crazy lol but Jameis Winston is going to be a back up somewhere and would be a perfect fit in DK system having played for him in TB. Jameis has all the potential just needs to eliminate the ints and could be some good insurance if MR2 went down. 

I like D Etling as well but he will prolly need another year on the PS. 

I’m a MR2 fan but it wouldn’t be all bad to start looking at the future in case Father Time catches up this year.

BTW I’m not a JW fan but I do think it’s possible that he could end up in Atl this year as the back up

Good thoughts.  My only concern is Jameis Winston.  If he were the backup, what situation would require to take the field.  Would he kill our chances getting heroic and throwing interceptions?  He does not instill confidence in me.

6 minutes ago, NaGaBoy said:

Good thoughts.  My only concern is Jameis Winston.  If he were the backup, what situation would require to take the field.  Would he kill our chances getting heroic and throwing interceptions?  He does not instill confidence in me.

Good point...a lot QBs threw way too many ints early in their career but went on to become great. I’m not convinced JW will ever be anything but what he’s been but he could be sooo freaking good - big strong mobile athletic great arm  and according to BAriens a hard worker. 

14 minutes ago, FalconAge said:

Winston's repeated  incidents with women likely end any possibility he gets signed .

I’m betting he does. The dude has too much talent not to plus many NFL players have been charged with sexual assault and played again from Big Ben to Pac Man Jones to name a few. I don’t think that’ll be the determining factor. Someone will take a chance on him and honestly it could be us if the moneys right

9 minutes ago, Atl Falcon said:

I’m betting he does. The dude has too much talent not to plus many NFL players have been charged with sexual assault and played again from Big Ben to Pac Man Jones to name a few. I don’t think that’ll be the determining factor. Someone will take a chance on him and honestly it could be us if the moneys right

That's my bad, I meant signed with us.

13 hours ago, RHEC said:

if Benkert doesn't get hurt and balls out in pre-season again, I don't see how he doesn't win the backup roll, unless Quinn is a stupid ****.

All of which are very possible.

ESPECIALLY so the last one....

12 hours ago, grandcanyonaz said:

Schaub. JW will go somewhere like the Chargers were they draft a QB and use him in case the draft choice isn't ready.

Don’t see LAC taking a chance on JW. Many are underestimating how much Chargers staff like Taylor for now. He has been a pro bowl QB and led a team to a playoffs, so no reason they wouldn’t like him more than Winston, especially considering his baggage.

I could see them drafting someone like Love or Easton to grim for a year. Just not convinced they take one at 6 just to take one...especially with the talent at LT when they pick at 6.