Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ike barn87987

Josh Uche......gotta have him

It'll be a guy of his position at 16. Thinking Baun is the darkhorse at 16. Here's my reasoning:

Bet the NFL is higher on him than most by comparing him to how well TJ Watt has translated from that scheme to the NFL.

48 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

I’ve been pounding the table for Uche at 47th.  Perfect SAM in a 43 Under.  I like him as much or more than Baun

With him and Chaisson watch out with Elliot or Lawrence in the middle Bryce Hall at cb

1 hour ago, Francis York Morgan said:

If we come out of the draft with Chaisson, Uche, or Baun, I'll be happy. I dig all three. Add a safety like Winfield, Delpit, or McKinney, and we're golden with whatever else we get imho.

My thoughts exactly.  This draft shapes up extremely well for what we need

On 3/31/2020 at 4:30 PM, FalconsIn2012 said:

My thoughts exactly.  This draft shapes up extremely well for what we need

Agreed. Baun is the pick, but I doubt at 16. Falcons probably will trade back with Philly and take him at 21. Could add a true FS and would be like

FS: ___

SS: Rico

WLB: Keanu

OCB: Oliver/Upgrade

OCB: Sheffield/Upgrade

NCB: Kazee

I love Ashytn Davis and he's exactly what we need, but we would need to devote a second to him, in which I believe will end up being Nick Harris. 

Feels like a stretch to add a FS when we can just do this:

FS: Kazee

SS: Keanu

WLB: Foye

OCB: Upgrade

OCB: Oliver

NCB: Sheffield

Makes way more sense personally.

If we walk out  with C.J Henderson and Josh Uche... I'll see this as a very good start to the draft....

Or with K'Lavon Chaisson and Trevon Diggs

I'm not saying that 3rd and 4th round  picks... We have to make those count with our cap situation even with thr cap going up but if we can grab a rusher and a starting CB... That's a gooood start

Sidenote: I would love a Michael Bennett man.... I do want to say this tho... I'm reallllllll bullish on John Cominsky... I really am... I was impressed with what I saw at the end of the year...

I'm not about to sit here and be that guy saying 10 sack's but I do think he can be a productive guy on the DLine ... Develop into a  Matt Ioannidis ish type guy

Players like Uche is the main reason I think a trade down from 16 is a very real possibility this year.

There are good players to be had at DB, DT and a couple of EGDEs in round 2-3, which are some if the positions we need the most.

I'd like him in the second.

Need to find a way to get him on this team. Super versatile, can rush with power and speed, and he can stick in coverage. Jedrick Wills said he was the toughest edge defender to go against. That’s saying something. 

Being a Michigan fan I'd bet on Uche. The defense last year wasn't what it has been in the last few years under Brown but Uche showed flashes. I'd love him as a pass rusher. He does remind me a bit of TJ Watt but with a bit more athleticism. I believe his peak to be Von Miller but that's a lot to ask of anybody.

30 minutes ago, pearljamnash13 said:

Being a Michigan fan I'd bet on Uche. The defense last year wasn't what it has been in the last few years under Brown but Uche showed flashes. I'd love him as a pass rusher. He does remind me a bit of TJ Watt but with a bit more athleticism. I believe his peak to be Von Miller but that's a lot to ask of anybody.

Whoa, is this a non homer take?

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, OrthoPTSD said:

Whoa, is this a non homer take?

Not at all. If you watch film on him he was just misused. I see him being a very good professional. Good sideline to sideline speed, multiple pass rush moves, decent in coverage for a tweener and gets to the QB even if he doesn't get the sack himself.

See what Chuck Smith has to say 9:45

Edited by pearljamnash13

24 minutes ago, Smiler11 said:

Uche looks like a Steeler type player but would be surprised if he lasts to #47.

I'm a little higher on Zach Baun personally but both will be good players at the next level.

I agree with you on both, but I think Baun goes before Uche. It’s a better shot to get Uche.