Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MayorWest13

2020 NFL DRAFT | FORMER ALL-PRO CB ANTONIO CROMARTIE EVALUATES A FEW OF THE DRAFT’S BEST CB PROSPECTS

8 minutes ago, FalconFan13 said:

I honestly just don't see the Benefit of drafting any of these guys at 16.  Okudah i could understand as he is on a tier by himself at the corner position.   But the fact a 2nd rounder in Gladney, Diggs, Hall, and Terrell and a 3rd rounder in Johnson, Arnette, and Dantzler  all have similar tape with Crom actually liking the 3rd rounder more than the 1st rounder in Henderson.  Shows to me reaching on one at 16 just isn't a smart move and you should play to the drafts strengths which is CB where you can get a very talented and maybe even better player in the 2nd to 3rd round while addressing a weaker position in the 1st round with a much better prospect.   To me drafting something like  this

1st - Chassion/Murray/Queen/Baun
2nd - Diggs/Gladney/Hall/Terrell/Igob
3rd - Lawrence/Leki

or 

1st - Chassion/Murray/Queen/Baun
2nd - Gallimore/Madubuike/Davidson/Winfield/Uche
3rd - Johnson/Arnette/Dantzler/Igo

The strength of each position in this class is LB in round 1  DT in round 2 and CB in round 2 and 3.  Their is a much bigger drop off at LB, S, and DT in round 3 than their is at CB if im trying to draft the most talent possible at each position.   Im quite a big fan of Johnson and Igo and i would take both of them over some round 1 and 2 guys as i like both more than Henderson for sure and over Terrel as well. I put them pretty similar to Diggs, Gladney, and Fulton who are over those other 2 i listed.

Please no on Leki fotu brah stupid slow.. replace him with Elliott 

40 minutes ago, GATXBOI said:

Please no on Leki fotu brah stupid slow.. replace him with Elliott 

lol it was more so just a name at Dt from round 3 it could be Elliot, Leki, Lawrence etc...  Although i do like Leki myself after watching him and wouldn't be mad at the pick at all.  But i see him more as a traditional run stuffing NT like a Grady Jackson for us back in the days.

27 minutes ago, FalconFan13 said:

lol it was more so just a name at Dt from round 3 it could be Elliot, Leki, Lawrence etc...  Although i do like Leki myself after watching him and wouldn't be mad at the pick at all.  But i see him more as a traditional run stuffing NT like a Grady Jackson for us back in the days.

Like Tyeler Davison

33 minutes ago, FalconFan13 said:

That’s the problem the game has gone away from that.

Movement is key.Basically if you get a big guy off balance or move the play away from him he can’t change direction or be another player rallying to the ball that’s the issue with these big guys if the above mentioned isn’t there outside of just taking up space what use are they.

3 hours ago, Atlantafan21 said:

Just wondering, but is there supposed to be video along with it? Or is it just written like that? 

My post says the videos are in the link at the top with the full article 

3 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

That’s the problem the game has gone away from that.

Movement is key.Basically if you get a big guy off balance or move the play away from him he can’t change direction or be another player rallying to the ball that’s the issue with these big guys if the above mentioned isn’t there outside of just taking up space what use are they.

Come on now i think you are undervaluing him a bit to much now on the athletic side lol.  He's not some world beater out there for speed but he does have a really quick 1st step for his size and fights very well with his hands.  He's not gonna chase a ton of people down i agree with that but he is more than quick enough to get a few sacks here and there and push the pocket.  Grady was a bit quicker than people remember as well for his size and was good for a few sacks a year and pressures at times when he was younger.  

1 hour ago, FalconFan13 said:

Come on now i think you are undervaluing him a bit to much now on the athletic side lol.  He's not some world beater out there for speed but he does have a really quick 1st step for his size and fights very well with his hands.  He's not gonna chase a ton of people down i agree with that but he is more than quick enough to get a few sacks here and there and push the pocket.  Grady was a bit quicker than people remember as well for his size and was good for a few sacks a year and pressures at times when he was younger.  

That’s what teams are looking at now it’s all about movement if your just big you won’t cut it.You certainly won’t go high in the draft.Size with out the movement is Jerome Brown types those days aren’t over but they are certainly limited now the way the game is played.

1 minute ago, kiwifalcon said:

That’s what teams are looking at now it’s all about movement if your just big you won’t cut it.You certainly won’t go high in the draft.Size with out the movement is Jerome Brown types those days aren’t over but they are certainly limited now the way the game is played.

Yeah and honestly i think it fits certain teams better anyways.  I'll be the 1st to agree he probably isn't our top choice although his speed and agility are very comparable and actually a little bit better than Tyeler Davison who we just resigned to a 3 year deal.  He's just a bigger and a bit faster version of what we already have.  Which would be great for depth if we want a similar player to either start over or be direct replacement for Tyeler if he goes down for injury.   Tyler is 6'2 308 doing a 4.18 40 and a 10 yrd split of 1.85 and a top speed of 15.79    Leki is 6'4  335 pounds doing a 4.15 40 10 yard split of 1.75 and top speed of 15.85  Leki's arms are longer as well so he has better reach when not letting people into his body.   I think alot of people just see how big he is assume he is just really slow and not athletic much but he's big and faster than the guy we got starting right now in Tyler lol.

1 hour ago, FalconFan13 said:

Yeah and honestly i think it fits certain teams better anyways.  I'll be the 1st to agree he probably isn't our top choice although his speed and agility are very comparable and actually a little bit better than Tyeler Davison who we just resigned to a 3 year deal.  He's just a bigger and a bit faster version of what we already have.  Which would be great for depth if we want a similar player to either start over or be direct replacement for Tyeler if he goes down for injury.   Tyler is 6'2 308 doing a 4.18 40 and a 10 yrd split of 1.85 and a top speed of 15.79    Leki is 6'4  335 pounds doing a 4.15 40 10 yard split of 1.75 and top speed of 15.85  Leki's arms are longer as well so he has better reach when not letting people into his body.   I think alot of people just see how big he is assume he is just really slow and not athletic much but he's big and faster than the guy we got starting right now in Tyler lol.

I been having look at Fotu myself and once you get that mass moving sideways it’s like trying to stop the Titanic to get him to come back the other way..Fotu will be a nightmare at the point of attack but I don’t see him  fitting what we do like you mentioned.

9 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

I been having look at Fotu myself and once you get that mass moving sideways it’s like trying to stop the Titanic to get him to come back the other way..Fotu will be a nightmare at the point of attack but I don’t see him  fitting what we do like you mentioned.

Sadly i somewhat agree with you but if he can be coached to handle his body better and control it better that man might be a monster on someones team lol.  I bet he would be nasty on a team like the Ravens or Steelers those hard nosed big body fools that you can never move the lines.  But aren't the quickest teams in the world where as we use alot more speed and agility which is sorta odd on why we signed Davison but i like Davison types so im glad we somewhat added one of them type of dudes as it gives us a bit more oomph on run downs in the trenches when need be.

13 hours ago, GATXBOI said:

Good read... how high are y'all on Henderson now

I haven’t even watched film. In today’s game I am not obsessed with athleticism anymore, I’m just not. Football IQ and technique are prioritized when it comes to draft picks, the lower we pick, the more I prioritize the love of football and the mental capacity to learn and adapt.

11 hours ago, KRUNKuno said:

Cameron Dantzler 

Too slow to play CB in the NFL... Historically there hasn’t been a successful 4.64 guy since the advent of 40 time measurements.

42 minutes ago, jazzyburrell said:

Too slow to play CB in the NFL... Historically there hasn’t been a successful 4.64 guy since the advent of 40 time measurements.

Josh Norman ran a 4.66

That’s also a combine number.  At a pro day 40 times likely improve.  

2 hours ago, FalconFan13 said:

Sadly i somewhat agree with you but if he can be coached to handle his body better and control it better that man might be a monster on someones team lol.  I bet he would be nasty on a team like the Ravens or Steelers those hard nosed big body fools that you can never move the lines.  But aren't the quickest teams in the world where as we use alot more speed and agility which is sorta odd on why we signed Davison but i like Davison types so im glad we somewhat added one of them type of dudes as it gives us a bit more oomph on run downs in the trenches when need be.

If he had better hands on him he’d it would be a different kettle of fish and his draft position sky rockets.You match size with deadly hand use now we are talking.I see it with alot of big guys though they just don’t have the nuance it’s try and bash down the middle of guys which will work at times.

Problem is what have you got when your strength is negated you don’t have to have a plethora of moves but you have to have a counter.

The 290-305 gap shooters are basically what this defense is built around upfront.

16 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

If he had better hands on him he’d it would be a different kettle of fish and his draft position sky rockets.You match size with deadly hand use now we are talking.I see it with alot of big guys though they just don’t have the nuance it’s try and bash down the middle of guys which will work at times.

Problem is what have you got when your strength is negated you don’t have to have a plethora of moves but you have to have a counter.

The 290-305 gap shooters are basically what this defense is built around upfront.

Yeah, to be a big dude you still need to be athletic, and have hammers for hands.  Lawrence from last year has been the only big DT I've had any interest in for that reason.  I still think he could have been a 5+ sack guy for this team while being a 3 down player because of athleticism and really long arms.

But unless it's a huge aberration like that, you're better off getting a 300 ish lb guy who has a lot of movement skills and counters.  Being quick overcomes a lot else.

21 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

Jerome Brown, if I remember correctly, was a sub-300lb'er that was country strong and fast as h3ll.  

CJ Henderson

"Athleticism is through the roof but the only con I have on him is I don’t think he knows what he’s playing half the time"

From what I seen on defense last year TD and DQ must be drooling. Sounds like a future Falcon to me.