Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ike barn87987

Kristian Fulton @16......case closed

Posted (edited)

Exactly what we need at CB1. Good technique, physical at the LOS in press, can play off, not afraid to tackle (can get better), 4.47-40, 6.94-3C, and a little swag.

And BTW give me Josh Uche at 47 while we at it

Edited by ike barn87987

Posted (edited)

I like fulton too. Has everything you look for in a top corner. We can trade back a few spots pick up an extra draft pick. And still get him. I wish we had a vet corner. Who can give him some guidance. Show him how to be a professional. I like that other corner from lsu stingley. He is a stud. Only a freshman.

Edited by RazorWing

22 minutes ago, RazorWing said:

I like fulton too. Has everything you look for in a top corner. We can trade back a few spots pick up an extra draft pick. And still get him. I wish we had a vet corner. Who can give him some guidance. Show him how to be a professional. I like that other corner from lsu stingley. He is a stud. Only a freshman.

I thought we could trade back and still get him at first, but not now. Dallas at 17,  Jax at 20,  MN at 22 might get him.

Fulton is a guy I'm high on. 

What I want from our 1st rounder is a guy that can come in and contribute Day 1 and Fulton looks like that. He's one of 4 players, the others being Wirfs, Murray and Queen, that I believe can make us instantly better and are probable to be on the board at our pick. 

Not a fan of Henderson or Chaisson. 

49719567853_1b9581c9a8_z.jpg

Forget where CBS has them ranked and look at the production. Passes defended is a key stat for a CB as well as tackles. Fulton is a really good player, IMO Gladney is SUPER-PRODUCTIVE in the run game as well as the pass and the stats back it up.

Essang Bassey is another SUPER-PRODUCTIVE cb but his skill set is in the middle as a slot db, not out by himself shutting down a half of the field. He would be a stellar pick in the later rounds to cover the  Edleman-ish quick, smaller NFL receivers in the spread offense.

Fulton was suspended by NCAA for faking a urine test - supposedly because he smoked and didn’t want to get caught.

That’s what they call in the biz...a red flag.  He got a two year suspension that was later reduced to one.   Before the hippies join in the “pot is legal or should be brigade” chimes in - it wasn’t then and Fulton deemed it a good idea to do this.   The punishment the first time or two is relatively minor for failed test for pot.   

This leaves us with the following conclusions:

1) Fulton is just stupid

2) Fulton will cheat whenever he can and doesn’t feel bound by rules & authority.

3) This is just the one time he got caught.

4) Fulton had tested positive multiple times and he was down to his last strike so he felt the need to cheat to pass the test.

None of those sounds like a player that TD and DQ want to invest in  - especially after the failure of the Jalen Collins experiment.

I agree the piss test is a red flag, that said,  he is/was a young man  and these type of items can often change a persons outlook and maturity. Youngsters often feel invincible/untouchable, especially highly touted athletes who are often catered to.

so while I would ask questions around it to judge character, I wouldn’t cross a player off the list over it.

8 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

I agree the piss test is a red flag, that said,  he is/was a young man  and these type of items can often change a persons outlook and maturity. Youngsters often feel invincible/untouchable, especially highly touted athletes who are often catered to.

so while I would ask questions around it to judge character, I wouldn’t cross a player off the list over it.

TD and DQ are at the very end of their career ropes here in their prestigious jobs - you think they are taking a chance THIS YEAR on a guy that did this?  especially in 1st rd.

I know some guys turn it around like Justin Houston and Honey Badger - but Falcons have not fared well on their red flag picks.

1 minute ago, g-dawg said:

TD and DQ are at the very end of their career ropes here in their prestigious jobs - you think they are taking a chance THIS YEAR on a guy that did this?  especially in 1st rd.

I know some guys turn it around like Justin Houston and Honey Badger - but Falcons have not fared well on their red flag picks.

If your point is "Will the Falcons FO take a chance on him", then I'm with you. I think it's highly unlikely.

If your point is "he should be off the board because of this", then I'm not with you.

You can imagine that after being reinstated he was put through multiple random tests and he clearly passed them all.

2 minutes ago, ATLFalcons11 said:

If your point is "Will the Falcons FO take a chance on him", then I'm with you. I think it's highly unlikely.

If your point is "he should be off the board because of this", then I'm not with you.

You can imagine that after being reinstated he was put through multiple random tests and he clearly passed them all.

This. I was speaking in general terms, not that I support or think TD will draft them at 16. I do think TD would pull the trigger at 47 though depending how the draft 

21 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Fulton was suspended by NCAA for faking a urine test - supposedly because he smoked and didn’t want to get caught.

That’s what they call in the biz...a red flag.  He got a two year suspension that was later reduced to one.   Before the hippies join in the “pot is legal or should be brigade” chimes in - it wasn’t then and Fulton deemed it a good idea to do this.   The punishment the first time or two is relatively minor for failed test for pot.   

1) Fulton is just stupid

2) Fulton will cheat whenever he can and doesn’t feel bound by rules & authority.

4) Fulton had tested positive multiple times and he was down to his last strike so he felt the need to cheat to pass the test.

None of those sounds like a player that TD and DQ want to invest in  - especially after the failure of the Jalen Collins experiment.

Could it be a flag to them, possibly. Though with the new CBA didn't they say players would no longer face any suspensions from marijuana? Could lessen their view on it or may no longer even be a concern if that's the case. 

2 minutes ago, ATLFalcons11 said:

Many teams “off the board” players for various things - other NFL teams slide them down.

You also must remember the owner has to sign off on the pick - especially medical or character risks.

1 minute ago, TheHeartless said:

Could it be a flag to them, possibly. Though with the new CBA didn't they say players would no longer face any suspensions from marijuana? Could lessen their view on it or may no longer even be a concern if that's the case. 

Maybe but I doubt it as a failed test is one thing and cheating is another.  It’s judgment and character.

Just now, g-dawg said:

Many teams “off the board” players for various things - other NFL teams slide them down.

You also must remember the owner has to sign off on the pick - especially medical or character risks.

I get all of that and my post says as much just in other words.

Again, I agree that it's highly unlikely the FO will take a chance on him.

Maybe the convo here is do you agree with them taking him off the board because the 2017 infraction? I personally don't but it seems like you do.

27 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

1) Fulton is just stupid

I approve this message...

IF Kinlaw is not there at 16 sign me up for CJ Henderson, or trade back a few spots and still take BEST DB.  Would love to draft Kinlaw at 16, trade our 2nd and Baltimore's 4th to sneak back into the 1st to get a top corner (BUT I KNOW I'M DREAMING THAT SCENARIO lol).

29 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

1) Fulton is just stupid

He doesn’t fit Quinn standard for CB’s. His arms are too short.

Just now, ATLFalcons11 said:

I get all of that and my post says as much just in other words.

Again, I agree that it's highly unlikely the FO will take a chance on him.

Maybe the convo here is do you agree with them taking him off the board because the 2017 infraction? I personally don't but it seems like you do.

I don’t care either way too much.

Blank will look at TD and DQ and say something to the affect - “if you insist on this cat and he F’sup, it’s your head”.

It is so much easier to just take the next player.

Put yourself in TD and DQ’s shoes.

2 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

I don’t care either way too much.

Blank will look at TD and DQ and say something to the affect - “if you insist on this cat and he F’sup, it’s your head”.

It is so much easier to just take the next player.

Put yourself in TD and DQ’s shoes.

Lol I don't think you're reading my posts