Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Falcons Fan MVP

Do you think the Falcons will resign Adrian Clayborn and KenJon Barner?

Recommended Posts

As old as Clayborn is he's still better than Takk. Falcons may wait to see what they can get through draft first.  Barner is a good return man, but I think he takes up a RB spot if I'm not mistaken.  Don't think they'll keep him strictly as a returner on ST.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

I hope we do. I'm surprised they haven't already. 

Hoping we sign Clay out of some of Trufant cap savings in June.

 

10 hours ago, Da_Truth said:

As old as Clayborn is he's still better than Takk. Falcons may wait to see what they can get through draft first.  Barner is a good return man, but I think he takes up a RB spot if I'm not mistaken.  Don't think they'll keep him strictly as a returner on ST.

Bruh....31 ain’t old!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Vandy said:

We’ll sign Clay out of some of Trufant cap savings in June.

 

Bruh....31 ain’t old!

You're right. I thought Adrian was much older than 31. Seems like he's been around a longgg time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The last I saw the Falcons cap space, it was around $7.5 million. I believe that is without Todd Gurley, and his 1 yr deal was for $5-6 million. So the Falcons have around $1.5-2.5 million in space. Unless they are signing for vet minimum, I think we hold off until Trufant's  money comes off on June 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, BlazerSlayer said:

I thought Barner was excellent- just very reliable. Clayborn does his job- not many sacks but he's ok to have as part of the rotation- as long as the deal isn't too high.

Can we also make every team we play have that Tackle Dallas trotted out against us a couple of years ago that he abused all game long??? :mmmhmm:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, niels petersen said:

Hoping Clay comes back. We might need to attack CB early in the draft, and if we do the pass rush is only one injury away from being maybe even poorer than last years. So yeah, Clay would be a valuable rotational piece. Hope he comes back.

Do you think it is possible to go after Yannick from Jax? He is on the trade block. I know, salary cap. But that can be manipulated with restructures. Go all in. Can we give our 2nd amd 4th this year and 1st next year? Is that enough?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, jwickha2 said:

The last I saw the Falcons cap space, it was around $7.5 million. I believe that is without Todd Gurley, and his 1 yr deal was for $5-6 million. So the Falcons have around $1.5-2.5 million in space. Unless they are signing for vet minimum, I think we hold off until Trufant's  money comes off on June 2

Gurley is June 1st cut, he won’t count till June 2. It’s not cap space problem, looks like Falcons didn’t want to sign Clay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, falcons007 said:

Gurley is June 1st cut, he won’t count till June 2. It’s not cap space problem, looks like Falcons didn’t want to sign Clay.

Yeah I don't think that is how that works. I think it is because they haven't been able to do a physical. I'm pretty sure Trufant is counting against the Lions cap right now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jwickha2 said:

Yeah I don't think that is how that works. I think it is because they haven't been able to do a physical. I'm pretty sure Trufant is counting against the Lions cap right now

That is how it works. Trufant is still on falcons cap still June 1, so is Gurley on Rams. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, falcons007 said:

That is how it works. Trufant is still on falcons cap still June 1, so is Gurley on Rams. 

Is this something new with the CBA? I might be wrong on this. Because Trufant's contract does count against the Lions cap space. I understand that player's cut with the June 1 designation are still on their teams space but that doesn't stop them from also counting against the team they signed with

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, jwickha2 said:

Is this something new with the CBA? I might be wrong on this. Because Trufant's contract does count against the Lions cap space. I understand that player's cut with the June 1 designation are still on their teams space but that doesn't stop them from also counting against the team they signed with

Admitting I could be wrong also, I agree that the post-June 1 cut means that the money that we would save cannot be used until June 2.  This is the price of deferring the money to later years.  Tru's contract should count against the Lions' cap as soon as it is approved by the league.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Monolith2001 said:

Admitting I could be wrong also, I agree that the post-June 1 cut means that the money that we would save cannot be used until June 2.  This is the price of deferring the money to later years.  Tru's contract should count against the Lions' cap as soon as it is approved by the league.

I am pretty up to date on this stuff, but I know I don't know everything. I know with June 1 designations, that players count against the team's cap. I just don't see how a team could carry a player for "free" until the money is cleared. What would happen if the team doesn't clear enough space? The contract gets voided and is now available, but every other team has spent its money and now they can try to renegotiate for less money? There is no way the Players Union would approve that. I have never heard of the player not counting in previous years. I think it is because of Covid-19 and the Falcons not being able to get Gurley a physical. Robert Quinn's contract with the Bears just became official today. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
  • Create New...