Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
ike barn87987

CB’s in the draft with their coverage snaps and %

Who we're interested in might tell us a lot about our defense next year. It depends whether we do more defense traditionally associated with what Quinn runs. Morris does more Cover 2 and ran lots of Cover 6 and Cover 3 too, where Quinn does more straight Cover 3 and Cover 1 (single high stuff). 

1 hour ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Who we're interested in light tell us a lot about our defense next year. It depends whether we do more defense traditionally associated with what Quinn runs. Morris does more Cover 2 and ran lots of Cover 6 and Cover 3 too, where Quinn does more straight Cover 3 and Cover 1 (single high stuff). 

I’m hoping Quinn lets Raheem run his own defense and he sticks to coaching.

8 minutes ago, Cole World said:

I’m hoping Quinn lets Raheem run his own defense and he sticks to coaching.

Agreed

1 hour ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Who we're interested in light tell us a lot about our defense next year. It depends whether we do more defense traditionally associated with what Quinn runs. Morris does more Cover 2 and ran lots of Cover 6 and Cover 3 too, where Quinn does more straight Cover 3 and Cover 1 (single high stuff). 

One of the big differences too, was Raheem started disguising Cover 3 and 1 looks WAY more. He'd have dudes showing Cover 3 or Cover 1 then drop to cover 2, and had many QBs confused.

15 minutes ago, ATLFalcon36 said:

One of the big differences too, was Raheem started disguising Cover 3 and 1 looks WAY more. He'd have dudes showing Cover 3 or Cover 1 then drop to cover 2, and had many QBs confused.

The disguises are a big part of why I think we'll be interested in a safety early. Lots of really versatile guys at the top who can man up, blitz, drop in zone - I'm talking Delpit, McKinney, and Winfield primarily. We don't have that atm. Neal kinda can but he wasn't great at it last year.

Same reason I think it's more likely we take a Chaisson, Uche, or Baun early instead of a Gross-Matos or Epenesa (barring a big slip).

49 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

The disguises are a big part of why I think we'll be interested in a safety early. Lots of really versatile guys at the top who can man up, blitz, drop in zone - I'm talking Delpit, McKinney, and Winfield primarily. We don't have that atm. Neal kinda can but he wasn't great at it last year.

Same reason I think it's more likely we take a Chaisson, Uche, or Baun early instead of a Gross-Matos or Epenesa (barring a big slip).

Great point. I hadnt considered that.

8 hours ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Agree about the disguises however we have three quality safeties on the roster. I’m a lot more concerned at Cb and Edge 

8 hours ago, ATLFalcon36 said:

Agreed

we need somebody to show some defensive highlights from the back half of last year