Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
wartownfalcon

Kirk Herbstreit says....

39 minutes ago, red falcon said:

I honestly would not have shutdown the pandemic program since you are asking. City also would not have sent medical supplies to china. I'm sorry If they cant be honest about it and let the world know what's going on I cant help them. I also would have down played it if I was unaware of the situation. I also wouldnt label people, just because one doesnt agree entirely with what's going on doesn't make them a liberal. No one is coming out unscathed. Everything doesnt have to be reality tv though.

Truth. But such is the world we live in today. Reality TV news, Reality TV President, and reality TV audiences who gobble up all the nonsense being spewed out by the aforementioned PR/marketing machines.

3 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Exactly!!! You don't have to be a Trump supporter to realize the difference in the way the media has sold this compared to the N1H1 situation. I'm not a Trump supporter and didn't vote for him (I voted for Gary Johnson) but even I don't hate Trump enough to realize that he isn't treated fairly by the media and a large segment of the population.

He also puts a target on his own back. He gets what he puts out. I believe half the hate would not occur if he'd just change his delivery.

Just now, Vandy said:

Truth. But such is the world we live in today. Reality TV news, Reality TV President, and reality TV audiences.

So true Vandy. It is what it is I suppose. I admit he is entertaining. 

7 hours ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

In the US alone they project a quarter million deaths with the recent increase in confirmed cases.  That’s a large number.   Italy is literally getting destroyed right now.  97,000 confirmed cases and of those 11,000 have died

New infections in U.S. soar and the nation is warned that 200,000 could die.

Faced with the grim prospect that 200,000 Americans could die even with aggressive action to slow the spread of the coronavirus, President Trump extended the guidelines on avoiding nonessential travel, staying away from work, visiting bars and restaurants and gathering in groups of more than 10 for at least another month.

Quarter million deaths is not realistic

34 minutes ago, red falcon said:

So true Vandy. It is what it is I suppose. I admit he is entertaining. 

And he knows what he’s doing with all that. Not near the fool media portrays him out to be.

1 hour ago, texasfalconfan said:

The doctor that put that out has already rolled it back to 20,000 could die. 

That’s the White House that rolled it out today

March 30, 2020 - 11:00 AM EDT

Birx: US could see up to 200,000 coronavirus deaths if 'we do things almost perfectly'

Loading video BY JUSTIN WISE TWEET SHARE EMAIL

White House coronavirus response coordinator Dr. Deborah Birx on Monday warned that up to 200,000 people in the U.S. could die from the coronavirus outbreak if "we do things almost perfectly."

In an appearance on NBC's "Today," Birx stressed that the Trump administration remains "very worried" about every city in the United States and the possibility that the virus could get "out of control." She also noted that some metropolitan areas "were late in getting people to follow" social distancing requirements and that it had an effect on the virus's spread.

"If we do things together well, almost perfectly, we could get in the range of 100,000 to 200,000 fatalities," Birx said after being asked about U.S. projections related to the outbreak. "We don't even want to see that."

She added that the administration's models show a worst-case scenario of between 1.6 million and 2.2 million deaths if the U.S. were to enforce zero restrictions on travel and gathering. 

6 hours ago, Francis York Morgan said:

The U.S. was arguably worse prepared. We're already having ~300 die per day. That number will be 5k in a couple weeks. The hospitals are already becoming overloaded even though it's just the beginning. 

This isn't the right way to look at things, though. The flu's mortality rate is usually less than 0.02%. This is around 100-200x that. And it's not killing 490 a week, dunno where you'd get a number like that in the first place - it's growing exponentially and we've had over 3000 deaths worldwide daily lately...over 10000 deaths in just the last three days. This flu thing needs to quit. The info is out there for everyone.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Flu this year 0.4% covid-19 1.6%. 4x worse but will decrease with more testing

2 hours ago, tactician said:

The fatality rates are being dramatically over inflated due to lack of testing. If asymptomatic cases were including the fatality rate would drop like a rock, to well below 1%.

150k confirmed cases in the US so far. In a nation with 350,000,000 people that's around .05% of the population. So a disease that has infected only 5/100 of 1% of the population would have somehow also infected Kevin Durant, Rudy Gobert, Doris Burke, Donovan Mitchell, James Dolan, Rand Paul, multiple congressman, Tom Hanks, Idris Elba and others? No, that would defy all reason. The disease has already infected millions, most of whom will never be tested. If you tested every person in America the number of positives would probably be in the low 8 figures. These things spread incredibly quick, H1N1 infected 60,000,000 in the US in 2009. The true fatality rate is much, much, much lower than being reported. 

This is really the only hope of low fatality rates.  And it's often what happens in early days of a virus.  The concern is, we figured we'd start to see that more in places w extensive testing like S Korea.  But they weren't showing it all around.  And still turned out with a 1%+ death rate.

Most the people you named are also the types that would be super spreaders in a pandemic situation...they're social hubs.  Meaning they come into contact with a lot of people from a lot of different places, who also are hubs.  So they're the early ones to get the illnesses.

So, the numbers haven't borne out that the rates will be that much lower...most are guessing double the number have it as are tested.

But my hope is that we're off by a factor of 10.  It would still be a lot of deaths and high death rate for a flu season, but much less than the 1918 pandemic it's being compared to.  I hope this is the case, but most data we hope would show that (areas w tons of testing) it hasn't so far.

47 minutes ago, red falcon said:

He also puts a target on his own back. He gets what he puts out. I believe half the hate would not occur if he'd just change his delivery.

I don't disagree that he causes a lot of his own problems with the way he addresses things. I mean he sounds like a buffoon most of the time.

5 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Hope you’re right.  I suspect you’re not considering nearly every nation in the world has similar expectations.  Italy already has 11,000 dead

Italy has the 2nd oldest population in the world ( behind japan)and open eu borders. How we jump from 3000 dead to 250000 dead at this point in time is unfathomable. Its like cuamo claiming he needed 30000 ventillators when he had 787 pts in icu.

1 minute ago, Williamb said:

Italy has the 2nd oldest population in the world ( behind japan)and open eu borders. How we jump from 3000 dead to 250000 dead at this point in time is unfathomable. Its like cuamo claiming he needed 30000 ventillators when he had 787 pts in icu.

So this is from this morning.  It’s the WH Task Force Medical Director.  You think they are lying?

5 hours ago, MAD597 said:

Yep Him and Fox news downplayed it saying it was a dem hoax and are now trying to deny they ever said it. It's amazing how blatant that side can lie even with video evidence of what they recently said.

He did not refer to the virus as a hoax. This has been totally disproven. Get your facts straight before you spew bs

1 minute ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

So this is from this morning.  It’s the WH Task Force Medical Director.  You think they are lying?

I think they are overestimating so that anything short of that is a victory. Panic pandemic has been spread by the media, we are now performing damage control.

1 hour ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Exactly!!! You don't have to be a Trump supporter to realize the difference in the way the media has sold this compared to the N1H1 situation. I'm not a Trump supporter and didn't vote for him (I voted for Gary Johnson) but even I don't hate Trump enough to realize that he isn't treated fairly by the media and a large segment of the population.

I'm trying hard not to talk politics here. However, since this thread keeps bringing up this person, I'll say this in no uncertain terms. I speak to people on the pandemics response team as well as state and local government officials just about every day right now.

The term most frequently used in combination with Trump's behavior on this situation is "criminal negligence." He's not being treated unfairly here. His fundamental inability to understand how germs work has gotten people killed. Anyone who works at a hospital right now knows how avoidable a lot of this was with any kind of prep. We knew about Coronavirus on January 1st and had reports before that.

At some point, people started treating politics like a favorite sports team and started rooting for one side or the other no matter what happens. COVID-19 doesn't care about what anybody thinks about POTUS. It's going to try to get in your lungs and kill you via wet lung. Solutions were on the table to act quicker. They fell on deaf ears.

2 minutes ago, Williamb said:

He did not refer to the virus as a hoax. This has been totally disproven. Get your facts straight before you spew bs

https://www.businessinsider.com/five-times-the-trump-administration-downplayed-the-coronavirus-2020-3#larry-kudlow-urged-americans-to-stay-at-work-claiming-the-coronavirus-looks-relatively-contained-2

"The Democrats are politicizing the coronavirus," Trump said. "One of my people came up to me and said, 'Mr. President, they tried to beat you on Russia, Russia, Russia.' That did not work out too well. They could not do it. They tried the impeachment hoax. ... They tried anything. ... And this is their new hoax."

4 hours ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Wasn’t SARS the last coronavirus outbreak in the US?

Edit: just looked it up

SARS (Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome)

Cause

SARS coronavirus (SARS-CoV) – virus identified in 2003. SARS-CoV is thought to be an animal virus from an as-yet-uncertain animal reservoir, perhaps bats, that spread to other animals (civet cats) and first infected humans in the Guangdong province of southern China in 2002.

Yes, this is sars II

1 hour ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Literally posted the source in other posts he quoted. I don't pay attention to CNN, FOX, MSNBC, or any of these other entertainment shows masquerading as news. I get my news from sites like Reuters and AP - unbiased sources - and reading through the actual content of bills.

This cult-like ignorance of facts is embarrassing. I was telling people hundreds of thousands of US citizens would die weeks ago. Now that Trump has come out saying 100-200k dead would be a "good job" people are buying it and saying it isn't a big deal. Oh yeah, he's done a great job. And when we're tops in the world in a few weeks for deaths due to COVID-19, the administration will still have done a great job. Because...reasons. Hundreds of thousands. What will it take for people to actually give a ****? 

I was joke.. it was sarcasm lol 

2 hours ago, athell said:

I agree with all this you are saying and to add onto it, it is my belief this has been here a lot longer than people are leading on.  I believe it has been here since last year which would greatly skew all numbers now and make it much less devastating than people think/are being led to believe.

I also believe it has been here longer than originally thought. 

24 minutes ago, jidady said:

https://www.businessinsider.com/five-times-the-trump-administration-downplayed-the-coronavirus-2020-3#larry-kudlow-urged-americans-to-stay-at-work-claiming-the-coronavirus-looks-relatively-contained-2

"The Democrats are politicizing the coronavirus," Trump said. "One of my people came up to me and said, 'Mr. President, they tried to beat you on Russia, Russia, Russia.' That did not work out too well. They could not do it. They tried the impeachment hoax. ... They tried anything. ... And this is their new hoax."

The politicizing of the virus is the hoax, not the virus. Anybody that cannot see that in that quote is instantly ignored as someone who has zero cognitive dissonance. Bye to you.

3 hours ago, stizz said:

For someone who touts himself as proactive  I have no idea why Trump didn't start to just divert all international flights to the Washington treatment facility once we saw how it was spreading to other countries. Once all international flights began touching all over the spread was immediate. 

You're probably talking about hundreds of flights. You're going to divert every international flight through one treatment facility? C'mon, bro. You can't be serious. Logistically impossible on that kind of scale. Problem people don't understand is you can't just turn everything off and/or lock everything down or give everybody a test over night no matter who you are.