Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
wartownfalcon

Kirk Herbstreit says....

5 hours ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

In the US alone they project a quarter million deaths with the recent increase in confirmed cases.  That’s a large number.   Italy is literally getting destroyed right now.  97,000 confirmed cases and of those 11,000 have died

New infections in U.S. soar and the nation is warned that 200,000 could die.

Faced with the grim prospect that 200,000 Americans could die even with aggressive action to slow the spread of the coronavirus, President Trump extended the guidelines on avoiding nonessential travel, staying away from work, visiting bars and restaurants and gathering in groups of more than 10 for at least another month.

The doctor that put that out has already rolled it back to 20,000 could die. 

Just now, g-dawg said:

I just don’t think the messaging was so far off that it would have flattened the curve quicker but we can agree to disagree there.    The messaging certainly wasn’t perfect.   I certainly disagree with the “they screwed themselves” - no doubt though that once the crisis is over this will be litigated to death in the Presidential campaign and we will hear from the other side how they would have handled it close to perfectly.   

Even though the other side completely and utterly failed the people of New York. I live in a small town of 40k in Tennessee and we were pretty late to react to everything, but we still had our schools closed a full week earlier than those clowns up there. They were too busy telling their citizens to go eat at Chinatown and having 'hug a chinese person' day.

12 minutes ago, tactician said:

The fatality rates are being dramatically over inflated due to lack of testing. If asymptomatic cases were including the fatality rate would drop like a rock, to well below 1%.

150k confirmed cases in the US so far. In a nation with 350,000,000 people that's around .05% of the population. So a disease that has infected only 5/100 of 1% of the population would have somehow also infected Kevin Durant, Rudy Gobert, Doris Burke, Donovan Mitchell, James Dolan, Rand Paul, multiple congressman, Tom Hanks, Idris Elba and others? No, that would defy all reason. The disease has already infected millions, most of whom will never be tested. If you tested every person in America the number of positives would probably be in the low 8 figures. These things spread incredibly quick, H1N1 infected 60,000,000 in the US in 2009. The true fatality rate is much, much, much lower than being reported. 

You've been doing your own research I can see. I also believe way more infections than have been estimated, in the millions.

This is why staying home can delay the spread, but its not going to stop it. This is why I have been paying such close attention to the promising treatements. There are actually several.

Seems the more insidious side of this virus is how it creates the immune response "cytokine storm" that attacks the lungs almost all, with rare exception, in people over 60. Once this cytokine storm hits, the patient expereinces an extreme response and has to be hospitalized and put on a respirator.  This happens in a community to several people all at once overwhelming the healthcare systems.

So, seems to me if we can at least lower the number of people who have to be hospitalized, it will lower the moratility rate and we can all get back to work quickly.  So if municipalties  focus on early symptoms in the high risk patients, treat them immediately at the primary care office, thats the way out of the crisis part of this. My understanding is shortness of breath is the one symptom that is a red flag. The chloroquine apparently calms that doen in 4-6 hours, preventing it from flaring up.

Again, no way anytime soon are we going to be able to stop the spread unless we stay home for another 6 months until they get a vaccine, it just isnt practical.

1 minute ago, gazoo said:

You've been doing your own research I can see. I also believe way more infections than have been estimated, in the millions.

This is why staying home can delay the spread, but its not going to stop it. This is why I have been paying such close attention to the promising treatements. There are actually several.

Seems the more insidious side of this virus is how it creates the immune response "cytokine storm" that attacks the lungs almost all, with rare exception, in people over 60. Once this cytokine storm hits, the patient expereinces an extreme response and has to be hospitalized and put on a respirator.  This happens in a community to several people all at once overwhelming the healthcare systems.

So, seems to me if we can at least lower the number of people who have to be hospitalized, it will lower the moratility rate and we can all get back to work quickly.  So if municipalties  focus on early symptoms in the high risk patients, treat them immediately at the primary care office, thats the way out of the crisis part of this. 

Again, no way anytime soon are we going to be able to stop the spread unless we stay home for another 6 months until they get a vaccine, it just isnt practical.

I agree with all this you are saying and to add onto it, it is my belief this has been here a lot longer than people are leading on.  I believe it has been here since last year which would greatly skew all numbers now and make it much less devastating than people think/are being led to believe.

Here are the death rates according to this website.

• Italy = 11,591 Deaths out of 101,739 Cases = 11.4%
  • Spain = 7,424 Deaths out of 85,199 Cases = 8.7%
  • Netherlands = 864 Deaths out of 11,750 Cases = 7.4%
  • France = 3,024 Deaths out of 44,550 Cases = 6.8%
  • Iran = 2,757 Deaths out of 41,495 Cases = 6.6%
  • United Kingdom = 1,415 Deaths out of 22,141 Cases = 6.4%
  • Philippines = 78 Deaths out of 1,546 Cases = 5.0%
  • Belgium = 513 Deaths out of 11,899 Cases = 4.3%
  • China = 3,304 Deaths out of 81,470 Cases = 4.1%
  • Sweden = 146 Deaths out of 4,028 Cases = 3.6%
  • Brazil = 141 Deaths out of 4,371 Cases = 3.2%
  • Ecuador = 60 Deaths out of 1,962 Cases = 3.1%
  • Japan = 57 Deaths out of 1,896 Cases = 3.0%
  • Switzerland = 348 Deaths out of 15,760 Cases = 2.2%
  • Portugal = 140 Deaths out of 6,408 Cases = 2.2%
  • United States = 2,873 Deaths out of 155,923 Cases = 1.8%
  • Turkey = 168 Deaths out of 10,827 Cases = 1.6%
  • South Korea = 158 Deaths out of 9,661 Cases = 1.6%
  • Austria = 108 Deaths out of 9,597 Cases = 1.1%
  • Germany = 563 Deaths out of 64,468 Cases = 0.9%
  • Canada = 67 Deaths out of 7,297 Cases = 0.9%
  • Norway = 32 Deaths out of 4,445 Cases = 0.7%
  • Russia = 9 Deaths out of 1,836 Cases = 0.5%
  • Australia = 18 Deaths out of 4,361 Cases = 0.4%
  • Israel = 16 Deaths out of 4,695 Cases = 0.3%

I'm getting tired of factoring up these numbers, but I think you see about where the US stands in death rate. The US has handled this a lot better than people want to admit because they hate Trump and by definition in their world Trump is a total idiot who can't do anything right. Could the US have done better? Sure, all these countries could have. But has it been a colossal failure by Trump in handling this matter? Absolutely not. While a 1.8% death rate isn't ideal, it's far lower than a lot of countries and only a tick higher than South Korea who many have praised for the way they handled things.

5 minutes ago, athell said:

I agree with all this you are saying and to add onto it, it is my belief this has been here a lot longer than people are leading on.  I believe it has been here since last year which would greatly skew all numbers now and make it much less devastating than people think/are being led to believe.

I agree with this!! I think it's been here since last year and that many of these "flu" deaths were just coronavirus and that a lot more people have already had it than what has been said. I, my mom and my girlfriend all terrible flu-like symptoms that lasted for a couple of months instead of just the normal couple of weeks. It didn't seem like we would ever get over it. That all happened last year in November and December.

Just now, AUTiger7222 said:

I agree with this!! I think it's been here since last year and that many of these "flu" deaths were just coronavirus and that a lot more people have already had it than what has been said. I, my mom and my girlfriend all terrible flu-like symptoms that lasted for a couple of months instead of just the normal couple of weeks. It didn't seem like we would ever get over it. That all happened last year in November and December.

I had the worst cough of my life last late November.  Lasted 2 weeks, had a fever to the point where I slept with clothes on (none of which happens to me).  Went to the clinic and was told after being negative for strep "there is a weird viral thing going around, you probably have that and there's not much we can do other than wait it out".

But logistically, the first confirmed case in China was November 17th, 2019.  The first confirmed case in US was January 20th, 2020.  The virus is supposed to double every 3 days...so you are telling me there was huge gaps in transmission from Nov to Jan?  Then again from Jan to March?  This same virus that is super contagious and has forced us into "quarantine"?  I call BS.

17 minutes ago, athell said:

In first week of December I came down with what I thought was a nasty case of the flu. It started off as tightness in my chest and I recall I’d never had flu start off like that before. Never in my life had I had chest tightness.

after 10 days of feeling awful, it went away and came back 3 days later starting with chest tightness. Then it hung in me another 10 days. 

i believe I might have had the Coronavirus, but at that point none of us had heard of it yet.

Just now, gazoo said:

In first week of December I came down with what I thought was a nasty case of the flu. It started off as tightness in my chest and I recall I’d never had flu start off like that before.

after 10 days of feeling awful, it went away and came back 3 days later starting with chest tightness. Then it hung in me another 10 days. 

i believe I might have had the Coronavirus, but at that point none of us had heard of it yet.

Check out my post above yours.  Based off symptoms, and how relatively health an adult I am generally, I think I had it too in November of last year.  There is a growing sense of this among the population as well.  How much of it is herd mentality, I don't know...but I know how I felt those 2-3 weeks from Nov to Dec last year was unlike anything I have ever experienced before.

I posted this same death rate info on Twitter and someone sent me this video and I can say that I totally agree with a lot of what this guy said, especially the part at the end about the way the media has handled it. He's 110% right!! This isn't as bad as the N1H1 deal of 2008 and 2009. The only difference is the media and the way they pushed it because of Trump. If Obama was still president the reaction would have been totally different. The country also wouldn't have shutdown the way it has now.

3 hours ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

2008-2009 was.the.worst flu pandemic since 1918-19. H1N1 and other strains caused 50+k deaths during the flu season in America

And not a single thing in America closed. The media also didn't take a "everyone is gonna die" stance like they have this go around.

58 minutes ago, SkerFalcon8710 said:

Cnn lol

Literally posted the source in other posts he quoted. I don't pay attention to CNN, FOX, MSNBC, or any of these other entertainment shows masquerading as news. I get my news from sites like Reuters and AP - unbiased sources - and reading through the actual content of bills.

This cult-like ignorance of facts is embarrassing. I was telling people hundreds of thousands of US citizens would die weeks ago. Now that Trump has come out saying 100-200k dead would be a "good job" people are buying it and saying it isn't a big deal. Oh yeah, he's done a great job. And when we're tops in the world in a few weeks for deaths due to COVID-19, the administration will still have done a great job. Because...reasons. Hundreds of thousands. What will it take for people to actually give a ****? 

6 hours ago, wartownfalcon said:

That he didn’t believe there would be a college or NFL season. If this is happens (WHICH I DOUBT) these 1yr contracts would just get rolled over until the 2021 season right?

Anyone who acts like they know how things are gonna look like this Coming fall ....pro or con, football or otherwise... is blowing smoke up their own as well as their listeners a$$es.

Way too soon to be saying nonsense  like that.

2 hours ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

They move goalposts on those number s. They use estimated infected:deaths for flu while using confirmed infected:deaths for covid19. Hospitalizations:deaths, confirmed:death are the only two comparable numbers. H1N1 hospitalized 274k and killed 12k in 2009. That's 4%. See how easy it is to mislead and misinform? 

I hear you brother but when they start filling up 54 foot refrigerated truck trailers with bodies in NY, there is definitely something going on.

32 minutes ago, athell said:

I had the worst cough of my life last late November.  Lasted 2 weeks, had a fever to the point where I slept with clothes on (none of which happens to me).  Went to the clinic and was told after being negative for strep "there is a weird viral thing going around, you probably have that and there's not much we can do other than wait it out".

But logistically, the first confirmed case in China was November 17th, 2019.  The first confirmed case in US was January 20th, 2020.  The virus is supposed to double every 3 days...so you are telling me there was huge gaps in transmission from Nov to Jan?  Then again from Jan to March?  This same virus that is super contagious and has forced us into "quarantine"?  I call BS.

I was deployed to Kuwait from july to January of this year. Soldiers were going to the clinic only for them to test negative for the flu in November and December.  They did not know what it was. Everyone in my unit got sick. I felt no symptoms.  I took my elderberries the entire time and I'm really contious of germs.

2 hours ago, red falcon said:

That's not accurate bro the president said initially this wasnt a problem  and it will blow over quickly.  Socially creatures or not you should not put yourself at risk as well as others if you can avoid it. His wording made it as if this wasnt a problem. 

So the fact he shut down travel from China before anyother Western nation means nothing. So I guess people wake up and say I wonder what Trump says I can do today. And your right his job is to incite panic. Do liberals ever have solutions or do the just *****? Biden/Sanders and CNN/MSNBC attacked Trump for closing travel from China on Jan 31. They were to busy with their 24 hour a day coverage of the impeachment hoax. Covid 19, or as they called it the Wuhan virus, wasn't a problem until the impeachment hoax fell through. This problem would be exponentially worse if he hadn't banned travel from China, which the left has shown they wouldn't have done.

Obama waited until 1000k people died from H1N1 before declaring a national emergency. Trump did so after one death, to which the msm attacked him. The hypocrisy is so thick you can puke from it.

First he's attacked for taking it too serious, then attacked for not taking serious enough. Lol. Almost as if it doesn't matter what he does because he's getting attacked either way

16 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Anyone who acts like they know how things are gonna look like this Coming fall ....pro or con, football or otherwise... is blowing smoke up their own as well as their listeners a$$es.

Way too soon to be saying nonsense  like that.

Sensationalism sells

11 minutes ago, red falcon said:

I was deployed to Kuwait from july to January of this year. Soldiers were going to the clinic only for them to test negative for the flu in November and December.  They did not know what it was. Everyone in my unit got sick. I felt no symptoms.  I took my elderberries the entire time and I'm really contious of germs.

I believe it, and have heard similar stories from other service men and women.

Thank you for your service also!  Be safe.

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

So the fact he shut down travel from China before anyother Western nation means nothing. So I guess people wake up and say I wonder what Trump says I can do today. And your right his job is to incite panic. Do liberals ever have solutions or do the just *****? Biden/Sanders and CNN/MSNBC attacked Trump for closing travel from China on Jan 31. They were to busy with their 24 hour a day coverage of the impeachment hoax. Covid 19, or as they called it the Wuhan virus, wasn't a problem until the impeachment hoax fell through. This problem would be exponentially worse if he hadn't banned travel from China, which the left has shown they wouldn't have done.

Obama waited until 1000k people died from H1N1 before declaring a national emergency. Trump did so after one death, to which the msm attacked him. The hypocrisy is so thick you can puke from it.

First he's attacked for taking it too serious, then attacked for not taking serious enough. Lol. Almost as if it doesn't matter what he does because he's getting attacked either way

I honestly would not have shutdown the pandemic program since you are asking. Also should have have sent medical supplies to china. I'm sorry If they cant be honest about it and let the world know what's going on I cant help them. I also would have down played it if I was unaware of the situation. I also wouldnt label people, just because one doesnt agree entirely with what's going on doesn't make them a liberal. No one is coming out unscathed. Everything doesnt have to be reality tv though.

Edited by red falcon

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Exactly!!! You don't have to be a Trump supporter to realize the difference in the way the media has sold this compared to the N1H1 situation. I'm not a Trump supporter and didn't vote for him (I voted for Gary Johnson) but even I don't hate Trump enough to realize that he isn't treated fairly by the media and a large segment of the population.

Edited by AUTiger7222

4 minutes ago, red falcon said:

I honestly would not have shutdown the pandemic program since you are asking. City also would not have sent medical supplies to china. I'm sorry If they cant be honest about it and let the world know what's going on I cant help them. I also would have down played it if I was unaware of the situation. I also wouldnt label people, just because one doesnt agree entirely with what's going on doesn't make them a liberal. Since you are asking. No one is coming out unscathed. Everything doesnt have to be reality tv though.

Good post. There was more that could be done, but I don't know why anyone is getting their news from CNN, FOX, MSNBC, or anything in that vein (including biased online sources). People take so much stuff they read on FB or Twitter as truth without fact checking. Dunno if it's true? Look at the transcripts. Look at AP, BBC, Reuters - anything that isn't a part of partisan BS. It isn't that hard.

54 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Same in my family. My wife are just now starting to feel normal and yes we were diagnosed with the flu. It was awful. Worst case I’ve ever had, or at least I can remember.