Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
wartownfalcon

Kirk Herbstreit says....

3 minutes ago, takeitdown said:

Wasn't saying about you, but rather the government.

ok, got you now takedown, sorry but that really ticked me off when I thought you were talking about me. My God, I'm sacrificing big, losing 3 years of work all down the tube, but I know this is serious for now, its overwheming the heathcare systems in many places. There are some morons still partying on the beach etc and that is sad, they are going to carry this infection back to their family members.

For someone who touts himself as proactive  I have no idea why Trump didn't start to just divert all international flights to the Washington treatment facility once we saw how it was spreading to other countries. Once all international flights began touching all over the spread was immediate. 

2 minutes ago, gazoo said:

You mean, like stop flights from China back on January 31st despite FIERCE opposition from some at the time? 

15,000 Chinese nationals, many coming in on direct  flights from Wuhan, were flying into crowded American airports every single day, standing in crowded lines, jumping on crowded connecting flights in US and filtering all throughout crowded Amercia urban centers.    EVERY SINGLE DAY THIS WAS HAPPENING. 

So those flights get shut down under fierce opposition by many in media and washington DC, and now we are told this is so contagious we arent supposed to go outside our homes if at all possible for 6 weeks and if we do, dont get closer than 6 feet from anyone. 

The only people not taking it seriously at first were the media and some in DC who were criticising the flights being shut down. Ultimately, that saved hundreds of thousands of lives, if not millions.

Once you have human to human spread confirmed, and there's been travel from the location of human to human spread for a month, you already have it here.  That's the key part that was missed.

Sure, shut down flights from China...have zero problem with that.  But recognize that people from Wuhan and Hubei had been coming to US for the previous month (travelers and businessmen) and therefore it's already seeded here.  Which means you have to take action at home immediately.

That that wasn't done is simply to not understand how viruses and movement work.  It was a mistake.  Very plainly.  The POTUS said for weeks, until very recently, that it was going to go away soon or that is was like a flu.  That is not taking it seriously.  You can like someone and still recognize when they make a mistake.  This isn't like Fandom where you're with your side mistake or not.  I criticize the politicians I vote for the same as the ones I don't.  If you really think the President was treating this with the gravity required in late January and February then you weren't listening to him.

12 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

FT1ULi4.jpg

Maybe because the WHO was lying to everybody about the severity of what was happening to save China's ***.

WHO was saying it was a very serious issue for a long time before calling it a pandemic.  It wasn't like they were saying "this is like the flu."  

I, too, think they should have declared it a pandemic sooner.  But they told governments that it was a serious illness, growing rapidly, with a high death rate.

18 minutes ago, gazoo said:

ok, got you now takedown, sorry but that really ticked me off when I thought you were talking about me. My God, I'm sacrificing big, losing 3 years of work all down the tube, but I know this is serious for now, its overwheming the heathcare systems in many places. There are some morons still partying on the beach etc and that is sad, they are going to carry this infection back to their family members.

Yeah.  I had to halt all my large project starting in January, because it was clear it was coming and I was going to be halfway done with things that wouldn't be able to be finished.

Now is the time for us all to take this seriously.  Republican, Democrat, whatever.  Mistakes were made in the past, but now is now.  And now we need to take on a different form of courage than we generally think of.  Courage right now is staying home.  And that's hard for Americans to wrap their heads around (including me).  It'd be better if there was some dragon we could all take arms against and slay.

But staying home and starving the virus is the bravest way.  Given that it doubles every 4 days...if you keep from getting it now, you can prevent 2000 people who would've gotten it from you within 2 months (you give to 2, they give to 4, etc.)  So by not getting it today, you can save 400 people from hospitalization and 60 people from death at current rates.

It doesn't feel heroic, but it's more than most people would ever save another way.  We need this made clear to people.

4 minutes ago, tactician said:

I'm cautiously optimistic this will fizzle out over the summer and by the fall, although no vaccine yet, there will be a strong treatment protocol in place. Hydroxychloroquine/azithromycin has already shown considerable promise. Convalescent plasma also can provide partial immunity if timed correctly. For an illness with a short duration, doctors can usually tell if something is working. Despite media reports to the contrary, the vast majority of deaths comprise of the old and the infirm. Young healthy people are not dying of Covid-19 at rates that exceed anything other than statistical anomolies.

Herbstreit and others in the media have to espouse the alarmist viewpoint. If not, they will of course be dully criticized for not taking the pandemic seriously enough. Hopefully, virtue signaling and optics will not win the day, but it often does.

I hope you are right on treatment.  And though I don't know if hydroxy will work (hope it does) it is likely they will have some sort of "manufactured antibody" in the next 6 months that should work as a treatment.

Young healthy people (excluding those under 20) are still dying at more than 10x the rate they do from flu, so it's far from a mild statistical bump.  It's real.  But obviously not the 10+% you see in the elderly.

14 minutes ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

!ook if you want to hea r what actual climatologists think the n watch this. I get it bud I was angry at those that deny it. I was a liberal until about 1 1/2-2 yrs ago. Now im angry abou t how the media os used to push glonalist agenda.

Got nees fot ya bud. No one gets up and says I womder what Trump says I can do today. Its ok you r a liberal. Good news is truth cures it. You got plenty of time now to actually research what the.truth is. 

First, if you want to argue something, learn to spell.  Second, the information you are spreading is the same thing you are suggesting that the MSM is doing in the opposite direction for this Malaria drug being ramped up for Coronavirus.  I distrust the MSM just as much as you do, I very much promise you that. 

Basically, every time a bunch of scientists come up with something, there is always 1 or 2 of them who go nuts and go the extreme opposite direction, put together a very shoddy study, and then report it as if it is a fact.  I watched your stupid video, they talk about 1 guy whose data was peer-reviewed to be factually sound, but that doesn't mean he looked at all the right information.  It's basically the same thing that happened with the Vaccine's cause Autism situation, and now you have things like Measles making a come back because of internet geniuses spreading fake news.  

Do your own research for once and realize climate change is very real. 11,000 scientists signed onto a peer-reviewed article last October calling Climate Change a global emergency.  https://academic.oup.com/bioscience/article/70/1/8/5610806

13 minutes ago, takeitdown said:

WHO was saying it was a very serious issue for a long time before calling it a pandemic.  It wasn't like they were saying "this is like the flu."  

I, too, think they should have declared it a pandemic sooner.  But they told governments that it was a serious illness, growing rapidly, with a high death rate.

WHO was telling us to continue to travel as normal in late January..

3 minutes ago, takeitdown said:

Yeah.  I had to halt all my large project starting in January, because it was clear it was coming and I was going to be halfway done with things that wouldn't be able to be finished.

Now is the time for us all to take this seriously.  Republican, Democrat, whatever.  Mistakes were made in the past, but now is now.  And now we need to take on a different form of courage than we generally think of.  Courage right now is staying home.  And that's hard for Americans to wrap their heads around (including me).  It'd be better if there was some dragon we could all take arms against and slay.

But staying home and starving the virus is the bravest way.  Given that it doubles every 4 days...if you keep from getting it now, you can prevent 2000 people who would've gotten it from you within 2 months (you give to 2, they give to 4, etc.)  So by not getting it today, you can save 4000 people from hospitalization and 60 people from death at current rates.

It doesn't feel heroic, but it's more than most people would ever save another way.  We need this made clear to people.

Agree with everything you said. Some big changes need to take place in our institutions as far as preparedness for something like this in the future. Regulation and inter agency turf wars really slowed down the testing kits, no excuse for that.  

I do believe it's possible we have a treatment for this virus that works quickly.  This virus can still be shed 3 weeka fter infection, but the drug kills the virus in 5 days so no past infection spreading.  We will see, but if it does work we might all be able to get back to work in May.

Just now, FalconFanSince1969 said:

WHO was telling us to continue to travel as normal in late January..

Oh agreed.  They didn't get their **** together until February.

It's just we can't have lag time.  Everyone needs to be on board at that point.  There have been models that show local containment is the primary way to deal with these and restricting travel only makes a small amount of difference.  I don't agree with this, but it's not absurd.

Regardless, the only true way to stop it, whether or not you keep travel open, is to test, track, trace and separate locally.

3 minutes ago, Dr_truth189 said:

First, if you want to argue something, learn to spell.  Second, the information you are spreading is the same thing you are suggesting that the MSM is doing in the opposite direction for this Malaria drug being ramped up for Coronavirus.  I distrust the MSM just as much as you do, I very much promise you that. 

Basically, every time a bunch of scientists come up with something, there is always 1 or 2 of them who go nuts and go the extreme opposite direction, put together a very shoddy study, and then report it as if it is a fact.  I watched your stupid video, they talk about 1 guy whose data was peer-reviewed to be factually sound, but that doesn't mean he looked at all the right information.  It's basically the same thing that happened with the Vaccine's cause Autism situation, and now you have things like Measles making a come back because of internet geniuses spreading fake news.  

Do your own research for once and realize climate change is very real. 11,000 scientists signed onto a peer-reviewed article last October calling Climate Change a global emergency.  https://academic.oup.com/bioscience/article/70/1/8/5610806

I remember 20 years ago those same scientists predicting I'd have ocean front property right now.

1 minute ago, gazoo said:

Agree with everything you said. Some big changes need to take place in our institutions as far as preparedness for something like this in the future. Regulation and inter agency turf wars really slowed down the testing kits, no excuse for that.  

I do believe it's possible we have a treatment for this virus that works quickly.  This virus can still be shed 3 weeka fter infection, but the drug kills the virus in 5 days so no past infection spreading.  We will see, but if it does work we might all be able to get back to work in May.

I'm not holding my breath but I am crossing my fingers.

That would be a lucky break for us all and I hope it works.

21 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

A couple governors went so far as to ban it just because Trump suggested it and a ******** couple ate fish tank cleaner.

The bottle of fish tank cleaner  had a skull and crossbones with POISON in great big letters on the back! If you chug that, you have an early expiration date anyway. If nit the fish tank cleaner, you will blow dry your hair in the bathtub or soemthing.

If you want the truth, please consult non-propaganda sites.  Don’t come in quoting US media lies & fake nonsense. But at least seek truth elsewhere on your own.  

The unbearable pettiness of the Washington press corps.

“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him.  Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”
 Sun Tzu, The Art of War

The American media is the enemy of the American president and the American people, and they have indeed grown arrogant.  “The opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself,” Sun Tzu wrote.  Those of us who have been watching President Trump’s daily press briefings on the Covid19 virus have not been surprised at the appalling disrespect the reporters show the man.  They have behaved this way since Trump became a candidate for the office of the presidency.  

As the world now grapples with this pandemic, each day the President and his team patiently explain to these people everything they know to date, and then he takes questions.  Nearly every question is an attempt at a gotcha moment.  They read part of a statement the President made, often an edited statement, then challenge him to defend that which needs no defense.  He has defeated them, but they have yet to realize it. 

Our not-intrepid press corps nearly all operate on the premise that the President came late to the crisis when in fact he was on it from moment one, as soon as the truth of it emerged from China too late. The WHO, NIH and the CDC were each wholly unprepared, having spent their billions on social justice projects and studying drunk monkeys.  Not one of those three agencies saw the virus as a potential pandemic; not in December nor January.  Trump did.  It is those institutions and the irresponsibility of previous administrations who bear the blame for the shortages of medical equipment and supplies, Gov. Cuomo in particular.  

But every question from this press corps is meant to impugn the President’s handling of this global event.  They make fools of themselves day after day and are apparently too dim to realize that fact, so they show up the next day and embarrass themselves again.  They ask questions that simply cannot be answered at this point.  They ask for speculation then attack him for speculating. 

The President mentions a possible successful treatment and they denounce both him and the drug -- which has so far turned out to be very successful.   No matter how many times he explains that the team is doing its very best to come up with appropriate guidelines as new data is revealed, they seem to think 219991_5_.pngTrump should be able to answer the unanswerable.  Like a cackle of hyenas, they shout at him, each asking the same questions over and over again.  He patiently answers or has one of the virology experts present address the question, but no answer pleases them.  

Each one of them wants to catch him in a mistake so the clip of their question will go viral.  But what has gone viral is the absolute inanity of these people and Trump’s restraint and aplomb before them. Most people could not, would not put up with such a despicable colony of weasels. 

Since the moment Trump became the candidate, the media set out to destroy him.  They were overwhelmingly confident that they could do exactly that.  They had always been successful in such endeavors before.  From the Billy Bush tape, to the Russia collusion hoax, the Ukraine phone call, impeachment, and now this virus, they have not let up for one moment.  But he has confounded them.  

“Do not repeat the tactics which have gained you one victory, but let your methods be regulated by the infinite variety of circumstances.” Sun Tzu.   

What is almost hilarious is that the media never learn from their many mistakes.  He wins almost every time.  He is most certainly winning this time.  Many millions of Americans are watching these briefings and seeing firsthand just how rude and disrespectful most of the “reporters” in the room are.  There may be a few who show respect and are interested in learning something.  The rest are mere little yappy dogs trying to nip at Trump’s ankles and getting nowhere.  He skillfully exposes them for who and what they are:  ignorant and noxious.  They want nothing more than to hurt the man who has handled this crisis far better and more aggressively than any other world leader.  

The fanatical media has more than demeaned itself, it has rendered itself irrelevant.  Americans who are watching are disgusted by their obvious and relentless attacks on the man.  No wonder the President’s approval ratings are climbing.  We are seeing a man adept at solving problems and getting things done and watching the media that is a barrel of monkeys willing to destroy the country to take him down.  Bill Maher has been wishing for a recession for a few years now.  Our media defends China and tries to ruin their own President!

What makes these briefings so entertaining is when the President calls them out for their dishonesty.  He has a steel-trap mind and remembers what he has said.  When they twist or edit his words, he knows it and humiliates them. But they seem not to realize they are being humiliated.   

President Trump has been teaching us all.  It is only the men and women of the media who fail to learn.  Donald Trump, as John Perazzo has written is a superb and unappreciated President

Engage people with what they expect; it is what they are able to discern and confirms their projections. It settles them into predictable patterns of response, occupying their minds while you wait for the extraordinary moment — that which they cannot anticipate.” Sun Tzu   

This is that moment.

Read more: https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2020/03/the_unbearable_pettiness_of_the_washington_press_corps.html#ixzz6ICTZgVoj 
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook

21 minutes ago, tactician said:

Herbstreit and others in the media have to espouse the alarmist viewpoint. If not, they will of course be dully criticized for not taking the pandemic seriously enough

I have been posting clinical studies from around the world on my facebook page and I am being accused of not taking the pandemic seriously.  I post factual information, they accuse me of being immoral for posting it. I suppose they feel if you are not overreacing and speading fear and panic on your facebook page, you are killing people or something.

17 minutes ago, takeitdown said:

Once you have human to human spread confirmed, and there's been travel from the location of human to human spread for a month, you already have it here.  That's the key part that was missed.

Sure, shut down flights from China...have zero problem with that.  But recognize that people from Wuhan and Hubei had been coming to US for the previous month (travelers and businessmen) and therefore it's already seeded here.  Which means you have to take action at home immediately.

That that wasn't done is simply to not understand how viruses and movement work.  It was a mistake.  Very plainly.  The POTUS said for weeks, until very recently, that it was going to go away soon or that is was like a flu.  That is not taking it seriously.  You can like someone and still recognize when they make a mistake.  This isn't like Fandom where you're with your side mistake or not.  I criticize the politicians I vote for the same as the ones I don't.  If you really think the President was treating this with the gravity required in late January and February then you weren't listening to him.

meh.....,you make good arguments and appreciate your POV.   You are adding positive to the discussion and don't wish to discount.  I like it!

However,  just would add.

Where mistakes made? sure......but the action you subscribe which should have been done - at the time you say it should have been done - it's really "hindsight is 20/20" in my book.   POTUS and Federal goverment did take  unprecedented action.    The leaders in government have to balance more than "just" the medical risk - that is reality.    To just start shutting stuff down/off on the front-end - it's just not going to happen - under any president or any administration.      I just don't see the political component here as I don't believe it bungled to a point of federal/political malpractice (for lack of a better term).

COVID-19 is both a medical disaster and an economic disaster - while the medical has to take precedence - it doesn't mean the economic portion can be totally ignored.    While this is terrible and certainly at least tens of thousands will die - I believe on-balance this has been handled well - not perfect - but there is no such thing as perfect, especially given how unprecedented.

46 minutes ago, TNFalcon1 said:

I know for a fact it is being used locally for the last couple of weeks. Not sure about the results thus far due to confidentiality. I'm sure however if they were not seeing positive markers they would have stopped using it by now.

Check this interview out. Out of 699 treated, only 4 hospitalizations and no deaths. This phycians community was bein savaged by the virus. 

A 100% success rate wit a sample size of 699 is a really big deal. Not dispositive, but darn close.

https://techstartups.com/2020/03/28/dr-vladimir-zelenko-now-treated-699-coronavirus-patients-100-success-using-hydroxychloroquine-sulfate-zinc-z-pak-update/?fbclid=IwAR1i4TeCgyJIg-VP_m3LChC5Jylc1IYtWpqr13U7H5xdneVMob7YI_aolUA

47 minutes ago, gazoo said:

The accusation I'm not taking it seriously or minimizing this pandemic is utter and complete BS. I am posting facts you dont like, so you are misrepresenting my position. 

It is goverment healthcare experts who severely reduced the death count , not me.

It is goverement healthcare experts that reported they believe this will peak in mid April, not me. 

It is the FDA who just issued the emergency authorization of the drug chloroquine last night, not me.

It is 8 manufactorers who are ramping up the production of the drug to provide the workd 250 million doses by mid April, not me.

I, in the meantime, have taken this very seriously, have been working from hime for 2 weeks now, only gone out for groceries,  and will continue to do so until told by the experts something different.

That’s the way Gazoo anyone doing it differently is in for a shock this is exactly how you cut the legs off the virus by not having contact outside of your bubble.Doing what you are doing once physical contact outside of your nearest and dearest is gives the virus no way to be spread.

43 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

FT1ULi4.jpg

Maybe because the WHO was lying to everybody about the severity of what was happening to save China's ***.

Last week WHO "test, test, test". 

Where were they over two months ago? Bending over for China.

I'm amazed the government in the UK didn't ban travel from there, or from Northern Italy, as soon as it was apparent there was a problem.  Bring back nationals yes, and straight into quarantine, no excuses. 

14 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

meh.....,you make good arguments and appreciate your POV.   You are adding positive to the discussion and don't wish to discount.  I like it!

However,  just would add.

Where mistakes made? sure......but the action you subscribe which should have been done - at the time you say it should have been done - it's really "hindsight is 20/20" in my book.   POTUS and Federal goverment did take  unprecedented action.    The leaders in government have to balance more than "just" the medical risk - that is reality.    To just start shutting stuff down/off on the front-end - it's just not going to happen - under any president or any administration.      I just don't see the political component here as I don't believe it bungled to a point of federal/political malpractice (for lack of a better term).

COVID-19 is both a medical disaster and an economic disaster - while the medical has to take precedence - it doesn't mean the economic portion can be totally ignored.    While this is terrible and certainly at least tens of thousands will die - I believe on-balance this has been handled well - not perfect - but there is no such thing as perfect, especially given how unprecedented.

I understand the point, and it is both medical and economic.

The thing is, the best way to prevent economic issue is to minimize the cases.  So I wasn't for shutting down the entire world in January.  I was for mass testing and quarantining those who were sick.  That would have had minor effects on the economy and would have radically altered the spread of the virus.  S Korea implemented this before we had to deal with it, so we already had a model. (Don't remember exact dates, just prior to us).  And it is the known way to deal with them anyway.

You only have to shut everything down after that fails.  We didn't even attempt it (testing was utterly botched and was never set up to test enough people to actually stem the curve.)  So that's the way we could have fixed it without having much effect at all on the economy.

But once you get past that, yeah, then you're in a situation of starve the virus and you starve the economy or go like normal and tons of people die (and the economy crashes anyway because people are terrified).

That's why the shutdown is really just to buy time to do what we should have in the first place.  Have low enough numbers that we can test, track, separate so the numbers stay manageable.

The last thing I'll say on the messaging, is they never should have said it was minor.  Humans don't want to deprive themselves, so if you said it was minor, then said it's major...most are going to say "well, he said it was minor, I'll continue my plans."  Words matter, and it should have always been "There's a dangerous virus going around that we are montioring very closely.  At the moment it appears there is very little in the United states, but we are staying on top of this due to the level of threat."    That way as soon as it becomes more widespread, everyone knows it's serious and it's much easier to have people follow your directions.

They screwed themselves by downplaying the messaging early.

For example for us if your going to a supermarket to buy food.

This is how it works 100 in max at one time anymore they have marked places where you line up and wait 2 metres apart at all times which is policed by there staff.

You go 1 at a time if you need a trolley these are sanitised before you touch them and are continually done so once returned.

Once you are in the supermarket staff are in every isle with masks and gloves long sleeved uniforms continually reinforcing distance to lessen physical contact.

When you go to pay supermarket checkout people have plastic face masks to lessen any sought of transmission and if cash is taken again they are gloved.If you pay by eftpos the terminal is then sanitised as well as the surface in which you’ve left your groceries.

You then depart in an orderly fashion 1 at a time 1 exit 1 entry.

Yes it’s a pain in the *** but these are the types of precautions we are taking down our part of the world after 1 yes 1 death in New Zealand.We take this **** seriously.

2 minutes ago, SkerFalcon8710 said:

Cnn lol

There is nobody left in America who believes CNN & several others are interested in reporting news.  Their numbers are horrible & everyone is keenly aware that they are simply disseminating whatever the left wing hack DNC establishment tells them to disseminate.  

They're welcome to do whatever they'd like, but don't confuse it with news or the facts.  If you do use these sources for your information, then you're hurting yourself.

18 minutes ago, takeitdown said:

I understand the point, and it is both medical and economic.

The thing is, the best way to prevent economic issue is to minimize the cases.  So I wasn't for shutting down the entire world in January.  I was for mass testing and quarantining those who were sick.  That would have had minor effects on the economy and would have radically altered the spread of the virus.  S Korea implemented this before we had to deal with it, so we already had a model. (Don't remember exact dates, just prior to us).  And it is the known way to deal with them anyway.

You only have to shut everything down after that fails.  We didn't even attempt it (testing was utterly botched and was never set up to test enough people to actually stem the curve.)  So that's the way we could have fixed it without having much effect at all on the economy.

But once you get past that, yeah, then you're in a situation of starve the virus and you starve the economy or go like normal and tons of people die (and the economy crashes anyway because people are terrified).

That's why the shutdown is really just to buy time to do what we should have in the first place.  Have low enough numbers that we can test, track, separate so the numbers stay manageable.

The last thing I'll say on the messaging, is they never should have said it was minor.  Humans don't want to deprive themselves, so if you said it was minor, then said it's major...most are going to say "well, he said it was minor, I'll continue my plans."  Words matter, and it should have always been "There's a dangerous virus going around that we are montioring very closely.  At the moment it appears there is very little in the United states, but we are staying on top of this due to the level of threat."    That way as soon as it becomes more widespread, everyone knows it's serious and it's much easier to have people follow your directions.

They screwed themselves by downplaying the messaging early.

I just don’t think the messaging was so far off that it would have flattened the curve quicker but we can agree to disagree there.    The messaging certainly wasn’t perfect (cringed when T said he hoped it would be better by Easter).   I certainly disagree with the “they screwed themselves” - no doubt though that once the crisis is over this will be litigated to death in the Presidential campaign and we will hear from the other side how they would have handled it close to perfectly.