Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
wartownfalcon

Kirk Herbstreit says....

12 minutes ago, jidady said:

And in case that number doesn't grab people's attention, it's the equivalent of 110k in a year. Now factor in that the pandemic is growing exponentially...

There's zero way this lasts a year. You are looking at absolute worst case scenario instead of getting in the other side of the curve.

2 hours ago, red falcon said:

The virus was already here bro. He downplayed and made people feel as if it wasnt a problem at all. He made it political. Other countries offered to give us ways to test for the virus we denied aid. I dont think it was handled the best way possible but here we are.

We.denied test kits? As everyone was struggling to develop and manufacture a reliable test kit for a virus a month old? Sounds like a fallacy. The travel ban from China on Jan 31 has saved countless lives and slowed the virus immensely. We know what the Dems would have done...Jack ****. Biden, Sanders and the media's story for that week was about Trumps xenophobic and racist travel ban. Now it's how racist he is for saying Chinese virus, when the media called it the Wuhan virus for weeks. Until the Chinese communist party said it.was racist so CNN, MSNBC took their master's orders and pushed CCP agenda to the American people.

2 minutes ago, stizz said:

There's zero way this lasts a year. You are looking at absolute worst case scenario instead of getting in the other side of the curve.

The only absolute statement we can really make on this is that we have no idea what could happen. We could be over-reacting or we could just be getting started. We really just don't know. 

2 hours ago, Francis York Morgan said:

The U.S. was arguably worse prepared. We're already having ~300 die per day. That number will be 5k in a couple weeks. The hospitals are already becoming overloaded even though it's just the beginning. 

This isn't the right way to look at things, though. The flu's mortality rate is usually less than 0.02%. This is around 100-200x that. And it's not killing 490 a week, dunno where you'd get a number like that in the first place - it's growing exponentially and we've had over 3000 deaths worldwide daily lately...over 10000 deaths in just the last three days. This flu thing needs to quit. The info is out there for everyone.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

I really don’t understand why Trump hasn’t gotten every state governor on the line and told them to shut the borders and contain this thing.Nevermind social distancing stay inside stay away from people.This is how you stop this thing.

Cut it’s legs off so it doesn’t give a chance for it to go from person to person.As for having an NFL season,Money over peoples lives.Every sport I mean every sport has been cancelled down our part of the world.Every SPORT money be ****ed.If the NFL owners can’t take a bit of hardship for whatever time it takes there farkwits.

Don't be conned into the flu does this and that trust me we aren’t in the scale population wise but down this part of the world that’s every country down here is on the same thing.Contain don’t travel stay indoors only venture out if you have too and if you do take all precautions.

This thing is real don’t think it isn’t protect yourself and your families,ride this thing out.

11 minutes ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

China was able(so they say) to.corral the problem using martial law (and some human rights abuses. 

Nice throw in there at the end...lol

So what you’re saying is if martial law wasn’t adhered you, they cut your legs off and put you back in your house.  I thought I had it tough in Naples, Fl, where they fine you $5,000 if you are caught on the beach

14 minutes ago, PokerSteve said:

It could be very bad here because this virus is highly contagious, unlike the last nasty flu bug SARS. It's going to run its course through the populace, and a lot of people aren't going to make it. The financial consequences are also looming larger and larger by the day.

Wasn’t SARS the last coronavirus outbreak in the US?

Edit: just looked it up

SARS (Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome)

Cause

SARS coronavirus (SARS-CoV) – virus identified in 2003. SARS-CoV is thought to be an animal virus from an as-yet-uncertain animal reservoir, perhaps bats, that spread to other animals (civet cats) and first infected humans in the Guangdong province of southern China in 2002.

2 hours ago, Emmitt said:

The big thing is the percentage of people that die who contract the disease. For the flu, it’s around .01, but for Coronavirus it’s somewhere closer to 2%. That’s a huge difference.

They move goalposts on those number s. They use estimated infected:deaths for flu while using confirmed infected:deaths for covid19. Hospitalizations:deaths, confirmed:death are the only two comparable numbers. H1N1 hospitalized 274k and killed 12k in 2009. That's 4%. See how easy it is to mislead and misinform? 

4 minutes ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

They move goalposts on those number s. They use estimated infected:deaths for flu while using confirmed infected:deaths for covid19. Hospitalizations:deaths, confirmed:death are the only two comparable numbers. H1N1 hospitalized 274k and killed 12k in 2009. That's 4%. See how easy it is to mislead and misinform? 

2 minutes ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Also one of the highest smoker % in the world which doesn't help.either

Ladies and gentlemen, please do not take scientific information from a person with a Climate change denial video in their signature.  

3 hours ago, red falcon said:

Yeah I don't know. People are still gathering. I dont understand why. Maybe it was due to leaders saying it wasnt a big deal.

Nobody said i t wasn't a big deal. Lol. Shutting down the economy is a huge deal. People still gather because we are social animals. We go crazy without contact. Infants literally die without contact. It's why China had to beat people breaking curfew, and weld offenders inside their homes. Sure a lot of them also "disappeared" bu t it takes unprecedented acts to change human nature

4 hours ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

In the US alone they project a quarter million deaths with the recent increase in confirmed cases.  That’s a large number.   Italy is literally getting destroyed right now.  97,000 confirmed cases and of those 11,000 have died

New infections in U.S. soar and the nation is warned that 200,000 could die.

Faced with the grim prospect that 200,000 Americans could die even with aggressive action to slow the spread of the coronavirus, President Trump extended the guidelines on avoiding nonessential travel, staying away from work, visiting bars and restaurants and gathering in groups of more than 10 for at least another month.

They also said it will peak in mid April now, far sooner than the apocalyptic projections we were hearing just a few weeks ago.

Keep in mind just two weeks ago the same officials were forecasting millions of Americans dying, now it’s between 100,000 and 200,000. For perspective of scale,  we lost 78,000 Americans to the flu in 2017 flu season. 

The FDA just last night issued an “Emergency Authorization” for the use of a drug hydroxychloroquine that despite US media reports, has passed multiple clinical trials in multiple countries and is in wide scale use in several of them. The drug has proven to kill the virus in 5 days based on a few recent studies.  One physician in New York had Coronavirus savaging his community, and he administered this drug protocol to 699 of his patients, most over age of 60, and only 4 had to be hospitalized and not a single one of them died. 

Now that FDA has issued their emergency authorization, 8 manufacturers are cranking up the production and will have 250 million dosages ready by April 15th. 

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Nobody said i t wasn't a big deal. Lol. Shutting down the economy is a huge deal. People still gather because we are social animals. We go crazy without contact. Infants literally die without contact. It's why China had to beat people breaking curfew, and weld offenders inside their homes. Sure a lot of them also "disappeared" bu t it takes unprecedented acts to change human nature

That and a lot of people are ignoring it completely. My sister's husband's family just threw a big family BBQ this weekend. Humans' social nature combined with a "it won't happen to us" mentality is going to be devastating. 

Edited by Artys Arryn

15 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Nice throw in there at the end...lol

So what you’re saying is if martial law wasn’t adhered you, they cut your legs off and put you back in your house.  I thought I had it tough in Naples, Fl, where they fine you $5,000 if you are caught on the beach

They beat th e **** out of anyone caught outside after cerfew, or without a mask on, they welded offenders inside their window less homes. You know the usual.

Just now, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

They beat th e **** out of anyone caught outside after cerfew, or without a mask on, they welded offenders inside their window less homes. You know the usual.

And even with those actions, we still don't know if their cases are actually declining or if they're now just lying about their numbers. 

1 minute ago, Artys Arryn said:

That and a lot of people are ignoring it completely. My sister's husband's family just threw a big family BBQ this weekend. Human's social nature combined with a "it won't happen to us" mentality is going to be devastating. 

Exactly. Also the "it isn't here yet". Absolutely right. People try to blame Trump like " Well Trump said I could and I only ever listen to what he says I can do ". 

4 minutes ago, gazoo said:

Keep in mind just two weeks ago the same officials were forecasting millions of Americans dying, now it’s between 100,000 and 200,000. For perspective of scale,  we lost 78,000 Americans to the flu in 2017 flu season. 

The FDA just last night issued an “Emergency Authorization” for the use of a drug hydroxychloroquine that despite US media reports, has passed multiple clinical trials in multiple countries and is in wide scale use in several of them. The drug has proven to kill the virus in 5 days based on a few recent studies.  One physician in New York had Coronavirus savaging his community, and he administered this drug protocol to 699 of his patients, most over age of 60, and only 4 had to be hospitalized and not a single one of them died. 

Now that FDA has issued their emergency authorization, 8 manufacturers are cranking up the production and will have 250 million dosages ready by April 15th. 

I doubt anyone from the WH projected millions of deaths.  The only thing I’ve seen is that 1.7 million is absolute worst case scenerio

4 hours ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

I think it’s more than likely he is right.  A vaccine is 6 months away.  They won’t put 60,000 people together until there is a vaccine

Think about this: in Italy they have 90,000 confirmed cases and of those, 11,000 have died.  

I was reading an article earlier this morning where the people in Wuhan are claiming that the chinese government is not telling the truth about the total number of deaths or even cases for that matter, some are speculating there have been over 40K deaths just in wuhan, based on the number of urns that have been shipped in to the funeral homes and crematories....

Just now, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Exactly. Also the "it isn't here yet". Absolutely right. People try to blame Trump like " Well Trump said I could and I only ever listen to what he says I can do ". 

This isn't Trump's fault. People trying to make this political right now one way or another don't have the right priorities. The only thing important right now is getting accurate information to people and saving lives. 

27 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

I really don’t understand why Trump hasn’t gotten every state governor on the line and told them to shut the borders and contain this thing.Nevermind social distancing stay inside stay away from people.This is how you stop this thing.

Cut it’s legs off so it doesn’t give a chance for it to go from person to person.As for having an NFL season,Money over peoples lives.Every sport I mean every sport has been cancelled down our part of the world.Every SPORT money be ****ed.If the NFL owners can’t take a bit of hardship for whatever time it takes there farkwits.

Don't be conned into the flu does this and that trust me we aren’t in the scale population wise but down this part of the world that’s every country down here is on the same thing.Contain don’t travel stay indoors only venture out if you have too and if you do take all precautions.

This thing is real don’t think it isn’t protect yourself and your families,ride this thing out.

Trump is more concerned with Ratings and numbers and serving his corporate masters than saving lives. That much is obvious

5 minutes ago, Artys Arryn said:

This isn't Trump's fault. People trying to make this political right now one way or another don't have the right priorities. The only thing important right now is getting accurate information to people and saving lives. 

Let’s  try and keep politics out of here.  It’s a 4 letter word sure to prevent logical discussion