Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
wartownfalcon

Kirk Herbstreit says....

31 minutes ago, jidady said:

I'm trying hard not to talk politics here. However, since this thread keeps bringing up this person, I'll say this in no uncertain terms. I speak to people on the pandemics response team as well as state and local government officials just about every day right now.

The term most frequently used in combination with Trump's behavior on this situation is "criminal negligence." He's not being treated unfairly here. His fundamental inability to understand how germs work has gotten people killed. Anyone who works at a hospital right now knows how avoidable a lot of this was with any kind of prep. We knew about Coronavirus on January 1st and had reports before that.

At some point, people started treating politics like a favorite sports team and started rooting for one side or the other no matter what happens. COVID-19 doesn't care about what anybody thinks about POTUS. It's going to try to get in your lungs and kill you via wet lung. Solutions were on the table to act quicker. They fell on deaf ears.

It is not the governments responsibility to stock hospital supplies. And in a state of emergency, its the states job to inventory and disperse supplies. You mean to tell me that every hospital in new york state are in the same situation as those in new york city?

35 minutes ago, jidady said:

https://www.businessinsider.com/five-times-the-trump-administration-downplayed-the-coronavirus-2020-3#larry-kudlow-urged-americans-to-stay-at-work-claiming-the-coronavirus-looks-relatively-contained-2

"The Democrats are politicizing the coronavirus," Trump said. "One of my people came up to me and said, 'Mr. President, they tried to beat you on Russia, Russia, Russia.' That did not work out too well. They could not do it. They tried the impeachment hoax. ... They tried anything. ... And this is their new hoax."

Thank you for proving my point. He said their politicizing was a hoax.

6 minutes ago, Williamb said:

He said what he said, which you flatly denied he said. And that proved your point. Sublime.

10 minutes ago, Williamb said:

It is not the governments responsibility to stock hospital supplies.

Your later reply made me realize this is fruitless, but for anyone else reading, the flaw with this logic is that many medical facilities can only access pandemic medical stockpiles with governmental approval. There was a specific pandemic response team set up for this, which the current administration fired. They created the bottleneck in question.

2 hours ago, athell said:

Check out my post above yours.  Based off symptoms, and how relatively health an adult I am generally, I think I had it too in November of last year.  There is a growing sense of this among the population as well.  How much of it is herd mentality, I don't know...but I know how I felt those 2-3 weeks from Nov to Dec last year was unlike anything I have ever experienced before.

There is no question if you’d heard of this virus, then got the flu or a cold, or even allergies, you might think you had the CV.

But for you and me, we didn’t know about it when we were concluding this wasn’t a normal flu. For me, that chest tightness was something I was telling my physician friends about asking if it was normal, I’d never had that in my life. Only after that did I start hearing chest tightness is a symptom of CV.

7 hours ago, Emmitt said:

I guess if we can believe China, that it will pass in a month or two. Plus,  the vaccines are fairly close to being ready.

My fear is that we start doing this kind of thing every year. You are right, this could get very bad. There will be a point where people stop listening and do what they want.

Part of the problem for the US is that we are free. When China told people to quarantine, they did. Here not so much.

I live in Gwinnett which is supposed to be locked down. The local parks were full of people and so were the Home Depot this weekend. Half of the population is either to stupid to understand what is going on or thinks it some kind of conspiracy. I have a feeling the US will not be rid of this as soon as China.

Here in Columbia, S.C. it's the same thing. 

State is on lockdown as of midnight sat, but there were more people on the roads today than i've seen in a week.

Most people here are ignorant of the danger.

45 minutes ago, Williamb said:

Why do so many believe the narratives the hostile, activist media spins on a daily basis? They pushed the fake Russia collusion narrative for over two years when I could see about 3 weeks into it it was a hoax. Yet, the media  never apologized, they just jumped to the next hoax which was the call. I knew within moments the “whistleblower” was just a set up to start a fake impeachment.  Why do people keep believing the same news that hoaxed them out over and over with the walls are closing in he’s about to be removed? He was NEVER close to being removed. All that stuff was designed to damage him politically.  Well, the Mueller investigate was a set up to try and create an obstruction case, but early on I knew that wasn’t going to happen. Mueller knew before the investigation started that Russia collusion narrative was fake.

the business insider is overtly hostile to the current administration spinning one narrative after another, just another of several. 

27 minutes ago, PokerSteve said:

You're probably talking about hundreds of flights. You're going to divert every international flight through one treatment facility? C'mon, bro. You can't be serious. Logistically impossible on that kind of scale. Problem people don't understand is you can't just turn everything off and/or lock everything down or give everybody a test over night no matter who you are.

You can certainly do your best how bout 50 facilities and for the bigger states multi facilities with in it completely isolated.We did this for overseas people coming off planes and ships in NZ one facility.

Plane ship straight onto oncoming buses and away they all went for 14 days.No ifs buts or maybes.You can’t just sit back and think normals ok.

2 hours ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Look at AP, BBC, Reuters

They are still left of center, left of where most of the country is. But I agree they are not extreme. I have to look at multiple media sources to determine the truth for me, and that includes some conservative media. I am a former Bill Clinton Democrat, I think he was the last president I felt do a great job before the last election, but the democrat party changed dramatically since back then and I became independent. 

My favorite thing to do each day is pull up real clear politics linked articles. 

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/

They link both right and left sources, and they stagger them. After you do this for a year or so you can see clear trends on who is pushing what narrative. 

1 hour ago, jidady said:

I'm trying hard not to talk politics here. However, since this thread keeps bringing up this person, I'll say this in no uncertain terms. I speak to people on the pandemics response team as well as state and local government officials just about every day right now.

The term most frequently used in combination with Trump's behavior on this situation is "criminal negligence." He's not being treated unfairly here. His fundamental inability to understand how germs work has gotten people killed. Anyone who works at a hospital right now knows how avoidable a lot of this was with any kind of prep. We knew about Coronavirus on January 1st and had reports before that.

At some point, people started treating politics like a favorite sports team and started rooting for one side or the other no matter what happens. COVID-19 doesn't care about what anybody thinks about POTUS. It's going to try to get in your lungs and kill you via wet lung. Solutions were on the table to act quicker. They fell on deaf ears.

I'm not saying we couldn't have shouldn't have acted quicker. But I also don't believe that by the time all is said and done we're gonna have 200,000 or more dead Americans on our hands. I think that number is outrageous since the death rate in the USA based on numbers we've got is only 1.8% and much lower than many other places and only a tick higher than South Korea who people have praised in the way they handled this situation.

But my biggest beef with the media is why didn't they call for the same type of response when the N1H1 situation was pretty bad? If it weren't for the way the media treated this do you think all these sports leagues would have shutdown? Nope. That would not have happened but they had to cave to public outcry and panic that the media caused in the American people. Media didn't do that with Obama and I believe if he were still president today the narrative from the media would have been very different. They wouldn't roast him continuously the way they do Trump. I agree Trump brings a lot of it on himself but Trump is also in a position of "****ed if he does and ****ed if he doesn't." Obama was treated so much more fairly by the media. I'm not just talking about the Covid-19 thing here. I'm talking about in everything.

9 hours ago, Malachore said:

I don't think this is as dire as most here. I'm more concerned about our economy and healthcare than this virus but I'm not about to hit the beach and tempt it either. Although I'd still probably be going to the gym if they unlocked the doors.

This virus is no joke.  They just took my sister-in-law off the respirator.  She's doing much better.  But for a while it touch and go.  So don't tell me this is a joke, because it's not to me.  

I bet you're a Trump supporter.

1 hour ago, PokerSteve said:

You're probably talking about hundreds of flights. You're going to divert every international flight through one treatment facility? C'mon, bro. You can't be serious. Logistically impossible on that kind of scale. Problem people don't understand is you can't just turn everything off and/or lock everything down or give everybody a test over night no matter who you are.

Drastic times call for drastic measures. Keep anyone them there and then send out those who aren't experiencing symptoms or deemed good to go by the health officials. I never said it was plausible, but it would have certainly put a huge dent into the numbers we're seeing now where large U.S. cities have become epicenters.

3 hours ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Literally posted the source in other posts he quoted. I don't pay attention to CNN, FOX, MSNBC, or any of these other entertainment shows masquerading as news. I get my news from sites like Reuters and AP - unbiased sources - and reading through the actual content of bills.

This cult-like ignorance of facts is embarrassing. I was telling people hundreds of thousands of US citizens would die weeks ago. Now that Trump has come out saying 100-200k dead would be a "good job" people are buying it and saying it isn't a big deal. Oh yeah, he's done a great job. And when we're tops in the world in a few weeks for deaths due to COVID-19, the administration will still have done a great job. Because...reasons. Hundreds of thousands. What will it take for people to actually give a ****? 

Not saying that won’t happen, as it certainly potentially could turn out true....but way too soon to be throwing those kind of numbers out as well as the low-balled ones were. Nobody really knows how these things will turn out. 

For example, One therapeutic drug....and as you know there’s several promising ones on the crusp.....much less a vaccine...would be a game changer.

34 minutes ago, gazoo said:

They are still left of center, left of where most of the country is. But I agree they are not extreme. I have to look at multiple media sources to determine the truth for me, and that includes some conservative media. I am a former Bill Clinton Democrat, I think he was the last president I felt do a great job before the last election, but the democrat party changed dramatically since back then and I became independent. 

My favorite thing to do each day is pull up real clear politics linked articles. 

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/

They link both right and left sources, and they stagger them. After you do this for a year or so you can see clear trends on who is pushing what narrative. 

Did you get one of those Monica infused cigars that was being  hawked?! 

5 minutes ago, Chitown2ATL_Falcon said:

This virus is no joke.  They just took my sister-in-law off the respirator.  She's doing much better.  But for a while it touch and go.  So don't tell me this is a joke, because it's not to me.  

I bet you're a Trump supporter.

Glad your sister in law is doing better. My aunt was just released from the hospital here in NOLA after battling it for a week. We are grateful that she survived as she has a pacemaker. My sister is staying inside as she has lupus and doesn’t want to risk anything. I’m ready for this to be over with. 

without getting into politics (I am not a trump supporter and won’t engage with or disrespect anyone who is) I don’t believe the numbers coming from China are accurate. I think their cases are much much higher. They were not honest about this from the jump and in turn they kinda screwed the rest of the world. 

I would also like to see patient zero’s stats 

8 hours ago, red falcon said:

The virus was already here bro. He downplayed and made people feel as if it wasnt a problem at all. He made it political. Other countries offered to give us ways to test for the virus we denied aid. I dont think it was handled the best way possible but here we are.

Ok Pelosi. You seen how stupid ppl are. You think causing panic and having everyone at once storming the stores is a great idea. If you paid attention and not depend on the government to tell you what to do like a little kid you wouldve been prepared when seeing how things was playing out in China. When was the last time a president really loved this country. I dont see how any one would vote for the demon-rats. 

24 minutes ago, Atownbound said:

Ok Pelosi. You seen how stupid ppl are. You think causing panic and having everyone at once storming the stores is a great idea. If you paid attention and not depend on the government to tell you what to do like a little kid you wouldve been prepared when seeing how things was playing out in China. When was the last time a president really loved this country. I dont see how any one would vote for the demon-rats. 

Hey believe what you want bro. If you vote only based on party then you are part of the problem. 

3 hours ago, Black Francis said:

Same in my family. My wife are just now starting to feel normal and yes we were diagnosed with the flu. It was awful. Worst case I’ve ever had, or at least I can remember. 

Same. Not long after I got back from.... The USA. Also had a dry cough that lasted nearly two months until it disappeared over Christmas. 

I'm currently on day 5 of 7 self isolating on something I'm probably never going to be able to be tested for because my symptoms aren't life and death. 

Two bouts of "flu" in 5 months, doesn't add up for someone who doesn't get ill.

1 hour ago, tactician said:

Your "social hubs" theory is off base. The celebrities mentioned tested positive because they had access to testing. In actuality it is the teeming masses that are more likely to get sick than the wealthy and well connected. Only those who are ill are tested among the general population. I guarantee at least 10,000,000 Americans have/had Covid-19. If an accurate, non partisan, analysis is done when this is all over the fatality rate will be in the 0.1% to 0.3%  range. Brazil and Mexico are not inacting social distancing measures, they will serve as an interesting test case.

The social hubs theory could be wrong, but it's also groups of people who come into contact w lots of people.  Wealthy people are more likely to have good outcomes from health problems, but they aren't less likely to catch viruses.

I hope you're right, but given how overrun hospitals are, your confidence level is too high that this is equivalent to a flu.  And as I said, on areas that had heavy testing early, they weren't coming up with tons of people testing positive for the virus but not showing symptoms.