Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
wartownfalcon

Kirk Herbstreit says....

Just now, wartownfalcon said:

Also when they do start back up, they feel the stadiums are going to be half empty from people living in fear of being in large gatherings.

I have the same thought about people who are telecommuting returning to the office. A strange new world....

NFL makes way too much money to halt their season after the curve.

My guess is that we'll hear more about this hydrochlorique overseas before trials here. Hopefully within two weeks. I think the country gets back to work by mid July, which would push back camps and probably delay the season by a couple weeks.

3 minutes ago, Emmitt said:

I have the same thought about people who are telecommuting returning to the office. A strange new world....

I’m just confused with the whole social distancing thing. In 2018 the Flu was killing 4000 a week, Corona is only killing 490 a week. I don’t remember a panic like that for 2018. But to each their own. But as it stands now, owners pockets are going to be hurting if it stays the same

6 minutes ago, wartownfalcon said:

I’m just confused with the whole social distancing thing. In 2018 the Flu was killing 4000 a week, Corona is only killing 490 a week. I don’t remember a panic like that for 2018. But to each their own. But as it stands now, owners pockets are going to be hurting if it stays the same

In the US alone they project a quarter million deaths with the recent increase in confirmed cases.  That’s a large number.   Italy is literally getting destroyed right now.  97,000 confirmed cases and of those 11,000 have died

New infections in U.S. soar and the nation is warned that 200,000 could die.

Faced with the grim prospect that 200,000 Americans could die even with aggressive action to slow the spread of the coronavirus, President Trump extended the guidelines on avoiding nonessential travel, staying away from work, visiting bars and restaurants and gathering in groups of more than 10 for at least another month.

2 minutes ago, wartownfalcon said:

These things are tricky because you don't want to come across as insensitive, but the NFL didn't even flinch about their draft and simply removed the events from Vegas. The NFL makes so much from advertisers, if were not yet past the curve come August, I'm sure they'd try to figure out a way for the games to be played with either a smaller crowd or no crowd.

I think college football gets pushed but I don't know about the NFL. Trump is in the NFL owners ears about football. He pushed them hard to keep free agency and to keep the draft in April. If any league is going to play, it will be the NFL. It might be without fans in the stands though.

3 minutes ago, stizz said:

These things are tricky because you don't want to come across as insensitive, but the NFL didn't even flinch about their draft and simply removed the events from Vegas. The NFL makes so much from advertisers, if were not yet past the curve come August, I'm sure they'd try to figure out a way for the games to be played with either a smaller crowd or no crowd.

Unless they play in empty stadiums, there won’t be a season without a vaccine

Just now, Jpg428gggg said:

I think college football gets pushed but I don't know about the NFL. Trump is in the NFL owners ears about football. He pushed them hard to keep free agency and to keep the draft in April. If any league is going to play, it will be the NFL. It might be without fans in the stands though.

And owners won’t expose themselves to lawsuits if outbreaks continue because 70,000 people went to Jerry’s World for a game because owners valued money over safety

Just now, FalconsIn2012 said:

Unless they play in empty stadiums, there won’t be a season without a vaccine

There have been more positives about hydrochlorique than negatives. IMO, you're on the right path though. It seems that we're having a bigger emphasis on social distancing, which is simply playing wait and see rather than honing in on hydrochlorique trials.

1 minute ago, stizz said:

There have been more positives about hydrochlorique than negatives. IMO, you're on the right path though. It seems that we're having a bigger emphasis on social distancing, which is simply playing wait and see rather than honing in on hydrochlorique trials.

Ask former military members how they like the malaria drugs. If I remember correctly, once you take the malaria drug, you can’t donate blood anymore 

This will not have the same magnitude in 6 months that it does now.

People are literally flocking to beaches in what is likely the most volatile time for this yet they will be afraid in 6 months?

27 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

I think it’s more than likely he is right.  A vaccine is 6 months away.  They won’t put 60,000 people together until there is a vaccine

Think about this: in Italy they have 90,000 confirmed cases and of those, 11,000 have died.  

Italy was the least prepared and has a very elderly population. I don't think using an absolute worst scenario is a wise argument. 

20 minutes ago, wartownfalcon said:

It spreads without even showing symptoms.  This can go on for weeks. You know when you have the flu and there is a vaccine that works sometimes. There is no vaccine for covid at the moment.

I had your mindset it has changed.

3 minutes ago, Malachore said:

Italy was the least prepared and has a very elderly population. I don't think using an absolute worst scenario is a wise argument. 

There are 705 million people aged 65 or older worldwide.  Being elderly isn’t limited to Italy.  And an 11% death rate is what’s concerning about the Italian case

6 minutes ago, Malachore said:

This will not have the same magnitude in 6 months that it does now.

People are literally flocking to beaches in what is likely the most volatile time for this yet they will be afraid in 6 months?

Yeah I don't know. People are still gathering. I dont understand why. Maybe it was due to leaders saying it wasnt a big deal.

12 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

There are 705 million people aged 65 or older worldwide.  Being elderly isn’t limited to Italy.  And an 11% death rate is what’s concerning about the Italian case

You are still using the worst possible scenario as a basis for argument. 

That would be like me using Antartica as a reason to why it isn't serious.

13 minutes ago, red falcon said:

Yeah I don't know. People are still gathering. I dont understand why. Maybe it was due to leaders saying it wasnt a big deal.

I don't think this is as dire as most here. I'm more concerned about our economy and healthcare than this virus but I'm not about to hit the beach and tempt it either. Although I'd still probably be going to the gym if they unlocked the doors.

17 minutes ago, Malachore said:

The U.S. was arguably worse prepared. We're already having ~300 die per day. That number will be 5k in a couple weeks. The hospitals are already becoming overloaded even though it's just the beginning. 

41 minutes ago, wartownfalcon said:

This isn't the right way to look at things, though. The flu's mortality rate is usually less than 0.02%. This is around 100-200x that. And it's not killing 490 a week, dunno where you'd get a number like that in the first place - it's growing exponentially and we've had over 3000 deaths worldwide daily lately...over 10000 deaths in just the last three days. This flu thing needs to quit. The info is out there for everyone.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

27 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

And owners won’t expose themselves to lawsuits if outbreaks continue because 70,000 people went to Jerry’s World for a game because owners valued money over safety

Which is why I put the caveat that they will most likely play without fans. I don't see any scenario where they allow fans to be at the games. 

Here are the things they need to happen to potentially play.

1. Wide spread testing with quick results - already approved by FDA and they are manufacturing now
  2. Antibody testing to see who has had it and has the ability to fight it off - already happening in a small town in Colorado
  3. Strict testing before games to see who is eligible to play.

It definitely has some risks but let's see how far along we are before saying it will never happen. I still think that antibodies testing will be huge. If they can prove that people who had the disease and recovered are not susceptible to getting it again, you can have these people resume their normal lives. I know some people in other countries were able to get it again, but this needs to be studied more before definitely saying one way or the other. I still think their are a lot of issues with the current testing in a lot of countries.

I am not saying it is a slam dunk by any means and we are still a long way away from a lot of these things, but football season is a long way away. You have the best scientists in the world working around the clock to learn more about this disease. Things are going to get a lot worse in America before they get better.

Trump and the NFL will do anything in their power to ensure NFL still has a season.