Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tim Mazetti

Gurley Still Has Moves

12 minutes ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Yep. Those actimg like hes.washed up are just wrong. He may not be hurdling guys anymore though.

Faxx lol this 747 needs to be grounded permanently 

2 hours ago, Tim Mazetti said:

I am hopeful that he will help. Nice change of direction despite arthritis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKCRnmOOCyo

That’s a great breakdown. 

I am sincerely mystified at the unhinged amount of fear surrounding this offseason acquisition.

When we see the critics talk about Gurley, they never talk about his 2019 season and current level of play and how that lines up with how we will be using him and his contract.   They instead just keep pretending we don’t know we didn’t get the 2016 Gurley so we got taken somehow.  

We have a full year of tape on him from last year AND he has to pass a physical before the deal is concluded for Gods sake.

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Ians0280 said:

Rams had the 31st ranked offensive line i think.atlanta had the 18 i believe.give this man some holes and open space abd he will thrive.

yep!  He’s not going to be an MVP but he’s going to do well in my opinion. 

People look at his numbers and don’t mention that he played 14 games and that they ran about 58 times less than they did in 2018. 

pattman did a YouTube on some of the numbers but I’ve been saying that Gurley played the 6th most snaps on his team. 4th most of running backs last Year and had 223 of their 401 rushes. The second most rushes on the team was Malcolm Brown with 69. 

Gurley is sooooo washed up. 

Edited by NWFALCON

3 hours ago, octoslash said:

Nobody's saying he's 'washed up';   just that he's not the same as he was 4 years ago, and there's nothing irrational in that assessment.  

Oh, there are plenty that are saying he is washed up if they are complaining about a 1 year - 6 mil. contract. Bargain for what he brings to the table.

I see many characterizing this acquisition as a huge risk, or implying we have no idea he isn’t the same Gurley as before the injury, or suggesting he’s damaged goods in a way that suggests he is no longer productive.

I ask each and every one of these critics to simply watch the 2019 film and ask themselves if that running back they see in 2019 is worth $6 MM.

That’s really the only question since his contract is subject to him passing a physical.  

Does anyone here disagree that ths  2019 TODD Gurley can help the Falcons not just some, but A LOT.?

15 hours ago, Tim Mazetti said:

I am hopeful that he will help. Nice change of direction despite arthritis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKCRnmOOCyo

Thanks for posting Tim.  Personally I think TG is going to be very motivated to prove people wrong about his knee.  I’m definitely rooting for him!

Dudes got mad moves! He was playing behind the worst line and had a coach who admitted under utilizing his talent. He will be worth the money and if he gets to 110% healthy he’s gonna be a beast for a couple years!

22 hours ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Yep. Those actimg like hes.washed up are just wrong. He may not be hurdling guys anymore though.

We need the line to do its part this season. Give him a hole and let him work in space. It won't be fair if he's having to work magic behind the LOS. I have a feeling he won't have to, though.

On 3/30/2020 at 8:12 PM, JayOzOne said:

We need the line to do its part this season. Give him a hole and let him work in space. It won't be fair if he's having to work magic behind the LOS. I have a feeling he won't have to, though.

Looks like the Falcons' can run to both sides with this OL. I am jacked to watch the young warriors on the right side though.

But then I key on the OL every play to let me know what might happen. I am an odd one according to my FB buds.

On 3/29/2020 at 10:42 PM, DonOfThemBirds said:

I think Gurley is going to have a really good year.

Could see him becoming a hot commodity for IcyHot, Tylenol: arthritis, and Epsom salt endorsements.

Great.....I just keep imagining Shaq and Gurley in a commercial doing this back and forth....giphy.gif

:lol:

On 3/29/2020 at 8:06 PM, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

I agree. Dude has a nose for the goal line like we haven't had in a loooooong time.

We gonna ignore Free's 27 TD's over a 2 year span?  The disrespect!  :lol: