Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FenixFalcon

Antonio Brown says Julio Jones not the best receiver

10 minutes ago, PokerSteve said:

You make a good point, bro. We don't know how much of his behavior is happening because of CTE. Despite what I may think of some of his antics, I sincerely hope that's not the problem. I wouldn't wish brain damage on anybody.

Steelers players did say he was always a nut case and Mike Tomlin let his antics go on behind closed doors in the locker room. Sure, there may be some impact of CTE but his problems started long before the Concussions. There are many players like Luke Keuchley who had worse, you don't seem them going crazy. It's sad that a talent like AB is wasted.

1 hour ago, Vandy said:

I don’t need to bro, I know what’s real. Even if you could find 10 other posters.....most of whom have gone radio silent after what has transpired with brown over past year...it wouldn’t change my mind. 

Long before he melted down to ashes, I would have taken Julio over that attention-whore every single time. 

That's the thing..its not about who YOU would take..its the simple part of my sentence you chose to highlight.

And I would say plenty outside of a fan forum would of said AB before the break down was the better receiver.

58 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

"BUT JULIO PLAYED THIS ENTIRE YEAR!!!"

Okay. Julio missed most of the 2013 season and was drafted a year after AB.

So now the arguements is going to come down to a .6 percentage?

I’ve said this for many years what you do off the field is what you are on it.For me off the field is more important.Character also character floors are onething that is weeded out at the combine and why it so important.

While the media bury there heads in the 40 bench and 3 cone and sell that to the masses the teams are honed in on interviews and medical.They want to find out everything before investing there millions.

31 minutes ago, Ghost_02 said:

As a falcons fan why you so bent on proving our WR is not as good as the unemployed one? If it said AB was .6% better I get the feeling you would have a different tone about it, maybe I’m wrong though.

i get it that some said AB was better, some said JJ was, but your trying awfully hard to discredit JJ being better than AB it seems.

22 minutes ago, Ghost_02 said:

.6 of a percentage is still better no? AB has the TD argument. That’s about it.

The Falcons offense has never been about getting one guy all the TDs though. In 2016 when we were one of the highest scoring offenses of all time, our team leader in receptions TDs ended in a tie with 2 players scoring 6 TDs (Gabriel and Julio). Ryan threw 38 TDs in 2016 too, so it’s not like we didn’t score a lot. That year, 13 different people caught a TD pass and 10 players had multiple receiving TDs.

Our offense has never been about getting one guy all the TDs. It’s been about finding the good matchup and scoring that way. Did you know that from 2011-2019 we have only had two players score 10+ TDs in a season? (Ridley and Julio). 

If you want to use AB’s TDs as a reason why he is better, at least realize the Falcons offense is about even distribution 

I have no respect for Antonio Brown as a man. He was degrading and condescending his baby momma in front of his 3 year old boy, and even cussed at his child when he had his mother arrested for taking the Bentley. 

4 hours ago, Ghost_02 said:

Want to try having the convo outside of a Falcons fan forum?

In fact a couple months back this same topic was brought up here and I cannot remember the poster.

But the stats he brought into the convo/debate were pretty telling. When AB was playing. He was the better receiver.

I really wish I remember who were the two posters going at it.

Stats aren’t the whole story how bout when HoF WRers Rice Carter and soon to be Fitzgerald basically say Julio is what he is,the best.

How bout that one Julio’s peers are saying this and some of the best that have ever played the position.

How can there be any doubt after that does the above mentioned opinions carry more weight then any stats or anyone of thee media hacks opinions.

As mentioned Julio never talks in a singular he won’t address this he’ll just carry on and keep doing what he does while everyone else talks and he keeps producing between the white lines.

Posted (edited)

I am not a Falcons fan and you guys are making my point. You guys are getting bent out of shape cause another wide out "dear" says he is better than "your" wide out. Which he is not far off if he is incorrect in anyway.

Not just stats but yea the eye test says the same..as crazy as AB is...he was not wrong to say he is..or .6 lesser than Julio when he played.

Fans outside of this forum would put up a good argument for AB.  So it's not "laughable" that AB said that..

Like .6 is not even comparing apples to oranges..it's like apples to apples

attitude aside...we're talking about on the field...we all know who we would rather deal w. When it comes down to personality 

Edited by Ghost_02

5 minutes ago, Ghost_02 said:

I am not a Falcons fan and you guys are making my point. You guys are getting bent out of shape cause another wide out "dear" says he is better than "your" wide out. Which he is not far off if he is incorrect in anyway.

Not just stats but yea the eye test says the same..as crazy as AB is...he was not wrong to say he is..or .6 lesser than Julio when he played.

Fans outside of this forum would put up a good argument for AB.  So it's not "laughable" that AB said that..

Yes it is laughable.  Please report back to your buddy AB & tell him to stop embarrassing himself.  Everyone on earth agrees, JJ is the pick every time over this unstable clown.  But go ahead & keep up your AB apologist fun show.  

This is fun

Person comes onto another team's forum. Argues that team's star player is not the best at their position. Numerous evidences are presented, showing objectively, and subjectively the poster is wrong. The poster acts as if everyone's being a homer and completely ignores all the evidence as if it doesn't even matter.

Look, if you want to have the opinion that AB was better. Fine, knock yourself out, but, at best, it is only your opinion, and not even close to being a clearly superior opinion that AB is better. The evidence simply doesn't agree with you. Again, you're welcome to your opinion, but that's all it is.

1 hour ago, Ghost_02 said:

That's the thing..its not about who YOU would take..its the simple part of my sentence you chose to highlight.

And I would say plenty outside of a fan forum would of said AB before the break down was the better receiver.

And “they” would have been just as wrong as you.

As someone who has seen and heard it all, my retort would be ‘Fans’ say the darnest things. 

6 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

You really think he has those moments? I'm a fan of his game and dont believe that at all. 

And are you still defending his crazy antics like you were a year ago?

Wait..wait. first off not a AB fan. My only point is...he was not far off from his statement when he was playing. Why do you guys get all extra about it?

So a stat came in an rated a player .6 percentage higher and all of sudden we feel vindicated? I am objective observer...stop being so sensitive 

1 minute ago, Ghost_02 said:

Wait..wait. first off not a AB fan. My only point is...he was not far off from his statement when he was playing. Why do you guys get all extra about it?

So a stat came in an rated a player .6 percentage higher and all of sudden we feel vindicated? I am objective observer...stop being so sensitive 

Except the stats proves AB's not overall better. He just has more TDs. That's it.

Also:

12 minutes ago, Ghost_02 said:

There’s this thing called intangibles. For example, Jameis Winston arguably had  better “stats” last year than Tom Brady....threw for 20% more yards, threw 35%+  more TDs..   Did that in any way shape or form make him the better QB? 

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Vandy said:

Jameis Winston arguably had  better “stats” last year than Tom Brady....threw for 20% more yards, > 35% more TDs..   Dis that make him the better QB? 

You do realize you are making an argument against your partner above you talking about stat. Right

Why so sensitive.  Again I ask?like its ridiculous...

How dear another reciever says he is better/was better than Juilo.

Edited by Ghost_02

3 minutes ago, Ghost_02 said:

You do realize you are making an argument against your partner above you talking about stat. Right

Why so sensitive.  Again I ask?like its ridiculous...

How dear another reciever says he is better/was better than Juilo.

My only “partner” is my bride. And you fail to comprehend the difference between folks laughing at you vs being “sensitive”. 

And that “dear” receiver has more important things to worry about than his illusion of being better than Quintoris Jones.

44 minutes ago, Ghost_02 said:

attitude aside...we're talking about on the field...we all know who we would rather deal w. When it comes down to personality 

So Jerry Rice Cris Carter and Larry Fitzgerald’s words don’t carry any weight.

Fans and media hacks are you serious or would you care to listen to ex players who have played the position at a similar or higher level talk.

On the field your contradicting yourself AB isn’t on the field and your going off of what was.Julios still playing.The idea that you dismiss the off field as unimportant on it is exactly why AB is in the position he’s in now.

Its not a comparison if one guy is basically retired off of his own antics and now can’t get a job because no one will touch him but here’s you dismissing off field as not as important.