Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Recommended Posts

Getting in some more free Gamepass. I suggest anyone that has the time to watch it get it while it’s free. Outside of games they have some very good Falcons featured videos.

Anyways, I wanted to watch Lindstrom vs the Niners and ended up watching Sheffield. Played every snap but two, one I know for sure and the other was goal line before the half and I may have just missed him. He was in on goal line late in the game.

3 targets, two receptions allowed. One vs Kittle and he was making the hit as the ball arrived, the other Shanny got him with a motion, then bootlegged back out with that WR running underneath the oline forcing Sheff to cut back into the linebackers.

Obviously the target rate was impressive enough but consider Jimmy G threw it 34 times, the 5th most in a game all season and post season, it’s even more impressive.

In two WR sets he lined up outside, three WR sets Blidi would come in and kick outside and Sheff would move to the slot. Thats impressive as **** for a rookie and I think we got a big time player in round 4. He def has the speed and quick twitch TD and DQ like. He looks to be a big piece of this D as well as Kazee moving forward.
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

I was looking at the Bucs game this morning. the middle of the OL is gonna be something special if they can stay healthy

Agreed. I’m curious how well Hurst can actually block. In the niners game before I focused only on Sheff, Chris and McGary were doing some fantastic work only for Stocker to get pushed around to easily blowing up the lane they would create.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Big fan of Sheffield based on the second half of the season. I was bigger on Jordan Miller after the draft, and I hope he develops into something. I saw some highlights of the 49ers game last week, and even Blidi stood out several times against Kittle. We’re going to need a lot of guys to step up to compete in this division going forward.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, 32wood84white said:

Agreed. I’m curious how well Hurst can actually block. In the niners game before I focused only on Sheff, Chris and McGary were doing some fantastic work only for Stocker to get pushed around to easily blowing up the lane they would create.

Gotta remember dam near everything changed drastically after the bye week. I didn't watch many Ravens games last year cause I simply wasnt interested in the LJ show but I have seen what Hurst could do when he was at South Carolina because I liked him. He's a good blocker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Gotta remember dam near everything changed drastically after the bye week. I didn't watch many Ravens games last year cause I simply wasnt interested in the LJ show but I have seen what Hurst could do when he was at South Carolina because I liked him. He's a good blocker

Good deal, I hope that comes through because the offense just seemed so underwhelming with Hoop and Stocker. Not that Hoop was bad, obviously he wasn’t but I’m not so sure he is what DK likes in a TE and it seemed to be too bland with Stocker in the game.

 I’m gonna check out some Tampa games with Brate since that’s what Hurst said DK referenced when they spoke.

I know DK had a great tome with Tony G and at that stage in his career, I feel Hoop, between the 20s provided what Tony G provided between the 20s. Except the difference was Tony G is the GOAT and would still attract so much attention where as it looked and felt to me teams were more than happy to kind of let Hoop do his thing because it never felt it amounted to a major threat. But that’s just my opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, red falcon said:

Sheffield was definitely a steal.  He could have gone earlier based on his play. Didnt play like q rookie.

Believe last year’s draft haul has a chance to be very good.     Lindstrom and Sheffield already seem close to arriving as good players.   Believe we will see more growth for McGary after a rough start.   I don’t know what to think yet about Cominsky, Ollison nor Miller as the jury is out but we should know more by end of 2020.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I have been watching Ram games since yesterday and coming out the gate the team was looking off of gurley and Goff was forcing it. Plus they used Malcolm Brown and Henderson more.

Gurley was very effective. McVey tried to used multiple backs and it didn't work. He figured he could make it work with Brown and Henderson don't be surprised they take another back early.

 

P.S. fowler is a dawg square business... does not back down from anybody.

Edited by GATXBOI

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really liking how DK used Brate. He wanted his speed vertically down the seam all the time it seemed and when they got it working man oh man did it open things up. 
 

I don’t know if Hurst will be as good as Hoop but it’s clear his speed and ability to get vertical quickly will unlock some of this offense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, GATXBOI said:

I have been watching Ram games since yesterday and coming out the gate the team was looking off of gurley and Goff was forcing it. Plus they used Malcolm Brown and Henderson more.

Gurley was very effective. McVey tried to used multiple backs and it didn't work. He figured he could make it work with Brown and Henderson don't be surprised they take another back early.

 

P.S. fowler is a dawg square business... does not back down from anybody.

That’s how I felt about the Rams as well. Sure his knee may not be able to do 100 percent of what it use to but the man is still a stud and should have been relied upon a lot more. McVay may not have wanted it this way but with the oline the way it was, they needed to get TG going to open that offense up. There was absolutely no threat with the other two in at RB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, 32wood84white said:

That’s how I felt about the Rams as well. Sure his knee may not be able to do 100 percent of what it use to but the man is still a stud and should have been relied upon a lot more. McVay may not have wanted it this way but with the oline the way it was, they needed to get TG going to open that offense up. There was absolutely no threat with the other two in at RB.

Yes Goff would literally multiple games multiple series within the games blatantly not look at Gurley for the check down when nothing else was there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CTann said:

Big fan of Sheffield based on the second half of the season. I was bigger on Jordan Miller after the draft, and I hope he develops into something. I saw some highlights of the 49ers game last week, and even Blidi stood out several times against Kittle. We’re going to need a lot of guys to step up to compete in this division going forward.

How many games is Miller gonna miss from the ped pop? Was it 2 or 4?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just don't understand why people can't see him starting on the outside. Hips are super fluid and has 4.2 speed... ******* 4.2! He's less than half an inch from 6 foot with a 39 inch vert, 6.6 3 cone... That would have blown all the combine participants away and he was doing all that coming off an injury. 

More importantly, he has a one up on the entire draft class, NFL experience...Peeps want us to draft a rookie and throw him out to the wolves but don't realize the talent we have in house...

I'm not saying don't draft a corner, but to say CJ Henderson is basically our pick because we don't have starter caliber corner talent on the roster obviously didn't watch the last 6 games of the season. Dude was flipping his hips and making plays man. Also not afraid to lay the wood on backs. I love Sheffield's potential! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 32wood84white said:

Really liking how DK used Brate. He wanted his speed vertically down the seam all the time it seemed and when they got it working man oh man did it open things up. 
 

I don’t know if Hurst will be as good as Hoop but it’s clear his speed and ability to get vertical quickly will unlock some of this offense.

This is what we have to hope for.Stretching the seams to unlock the outside to keep the safeties at home.

I’d like to see some more horizontal stretching of defenses to get more variety down field.Todd Gurley come on down if he can get us some more presence with outside zone runs this keeps the LBers home and allows guys like Hurst to get in behind and deep.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, gHost83 said:

I just don't understand why people can't see him starting on the outside. Hips are super fluid and has 4.2 speed... ******* 4.2! He's less than half an inch from 6 foot with a 39 inch vert, 6.6 3 cone... That would have blown all the combine participants away and he was doing all that coming off an injury. 

More importantly, he has a one up on the entire draft class, NFL experience...Peeps want us to draft a rookie and throw him out to the wolves but don't realize the talent we have in house...

I'm not saying don't draft a corner, but to say CJ Henderson is basically our pick because we don't have starter caliber corner talent on the roster obviously didn't watch the last 6 games of the season. Dude was flipping his hips and making plays man. Also not afraid to lay the wood on backs. I love Sheffield's potential! 

I don't think it's because people doubt his ability to play outside, but rather he is the best slot corner we have on the roster and in many respects it's harder to find a good slot than it is a boundary corner. He did have issues in college with getting his head turned when playing on the boundary and was better keeping the ball in front of him, but nothing that couldn't be fixed with competent coaching.

I'd have no issues with Sheffield playing outside when we're in our base 4-3 and then sliding inside in nickel, which is what he did the 2nd half of last year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Smiler11 said:

I don't think it's because people doubt his ability to play outside, but rather he is the best slot corner we have on the roster and in many respects it's harder to find a good slot than it is a boundary corner. He did have issues in college with getting his head turned when playing on the boundary and was better keeping the ball in front of him, but nothing that couldn't be fixed with competent coaching.

I'd have no issues with Sheffield playing outside when we're in our base 4-3 and then sliding inside in nickel, which is what he did the 2nd half of last year. 

Wouldn't Kazee be our nickle corner?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Smiler11 said:

I don't think it's because people doubt his ability to play outside, but rather he is the best slot corner we have on the roster and in many respects it's harder to find a good slot than it is a boundary corner. He did have issues in college with getting his head turned when playing on the boundary and was better keeping the ball in front of him, but nothing that couldn't be fixed with competent coaching.

I'd have no issues with Sheffield playing outside when we're in our base 4-3 and then sliding inside in nickel, which is what he did the 2nd half of last year. 

But I’m curious as to what we do with Neal back. While he’s healthy, and hopefully that’s the entire season, I would hope to see Kazee, Rico and Neal on the field together. It would allow us to look very multiple while being very simplistic.

Certain looks we could see a single high with Kazee or Rico alternating whose up top and whose in the slot depending on matchup with Neal down in the box. We could see cover two with any variation of the three. Over time certain variations will be combatted a certain way and we can get a beat on it.

All that to say, I’m not so sure we are going to go CB early. And if Neal goes down again we can go back to what we did the second half of last year with either a mid round CB or Blidi coming in on Nickel manning the outside.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

This is what we have to hope for.Stretching the seams to unlock the outside to keep the safeties at home.

I’d like to see some more horizontal stretching of defenses to get more variety down field.Todd Gurley come on down if he can get us some more presence with outside zone runs this keeps the LBers home and allows guys like Hurst to get in behind and deep.

Absolutely. Hopefully TGs production will free Hurst down the seams and if he has the speed to really threaten safeties down the middle, Julio will still get doubled but Calvin should have plenty of chances to take the top off While Gage should continue to do good work like he did last year underneath.

In theory we should have the pieces to really attack any level of the defense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, abcranford2 said:

He was terrible at the nickel spot

Def better as a safety. But with three safeties on the field, two of them being able to play man if needed, your at an advantage of matching skill sets to the slot WR and then playing the game of whose gonna come down to cover, are we really in man or zone and is Neal dropping deep or coming up and is the Nickel(Kazee or Rico) whose playing 10 yard off really playing man or dropping into a two high look at the snap.

Many options IF Neal is healthy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
  • Create New...