Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Francis York Morgan

Clowney May Not Sign With A Team Until Training Camp

It's an opinion piece, so take it for what it is...but with Tru's money coming free in June, I found it interesting. If this doesn't belong in TATF, feel free to move it, but I didn't think Clowney would be a realistic add until seeing this.

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/seahawks/analysis-the-jadeveon-clowney-watch-continues-with-no-apparent-end-in-immediate-sight/

If he's not taking Seattle's deal then he wont be playing this year. Even Seattle's price is too high, how does this guu think so highly of himself when he has 3 to 4 sacks a season ?? 

Why tf would you pay 20 mil to someone to get 4 sacks a season ?? He needs to lower his price significantly. Teams aren't signing him for 20 mil , he overrates himself too much.

Who ever is advising him  is doing him a disservice.

I mean   at the end of the day sacks is what gets you paid, They  get overrated but that is what  gets guys paid and he had 3 last year,  And has never had  more than 9.5 and has  missed at least 1 game every year with 1 exception.

He is not  going to get  20+ million a year

23 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

Who ever is advising him  is doing him a disservice.

I mean   at the end of the day sacks is what gets you paid, They  get overrated but that is what  gets guys paid and he had 3 last year,  And has never had  more than 9.5 and has  missed at least 1 game every year with 1 exception.

He is not  going to get  20+ million a year

I think it's more the health concerns than lack of sacks.

2 hours ago, Smiler11 said:

I think it's more the health concerns than lack of sacks.

Well the production just is not there...if it were teams would haven him what he wanted....even with the injury concerns...or would have been at least close.

5 hours ago, Francis York Morgan said:

It's an opinion piece, so take it for what it is...but with Tru's money coming free in June, I found it interesting. If this doesn't belong in TATF, feel free to move it, but I didn't think Clowney would be a realistic add until seeing this.

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/seahawks/analysis-the-jadeveon-clowney-watch-continues-with-no-apparent-end-in-immediate-sight/

Bro, I’d sign him if I’m the Falcons. 1 year deal. Go all in.

2 hours ago, raysnill1 said:

dude is a freak athlete, I'll give him that but I've never understood the hype on him. 

I saw some of his high school footage. He earned it. He just doesn't have the numbers he was expected to have in the pros due to double and triple teams

Gotta look past the 4 sacks, he was a menace in SEA...a lot of QB hits and hurries, especially in the big games, including 12 pressures and 5 hits (despite ‘only 1 sack’) vs SF in a crucial division game. And that’s with team game planning for him and putting multiple guys on him game after game.

falcons won’t sign him, but I would not complain if they did. 

EDIT to add: 

Wilson and his team-mates could barely believe what had transpired as they moved to 8-2 and handed the Niners (8-1) a first defeat of the season. But the exploits of Clowney, who produced a season-high 12 pressures including five QB hits, a sack and a forced fumble, were central to Wilson's thoughts. 

The former Houston Texans star, who joined the Seahawks in an August trade, also had a defensive touchdown.

"Clowney was playing lights out — that's why we got him," the MVP candidate Wilson said. "The plays he was making were incredible. He has been a force throughout his whole career and to have him on our football team is great. He was talking it up on the sidelines and focused. We were all together and he was one of the main leaders in that."

I think he’s a great player, greater than sacks say as he affects the game in a big way... however he doesn’t come off to me as the kind of guy you want in the locker room. 

10 hours ago, falconsd56 said:

Well the production just is not there...if it were teams would haven him what he wanted....even with the injury concerns...or would have been at least close.

Maybe in traditional stats like sacks, but advanced metrics point to him being one of the most disruptive D-linemen in the NFL. When he's healthy, I'm sure teams appreciate his value and I've no doubt he'd get what he's asking for if there weren't the health concerns. IMO teams are afraid to commit that much guaranteed money to a player who's only played all 16 games once in his 6 year career.

:lol:So funny that TATF love this guy so much. A completely sack and cap-obsessed board want this guy!!?

He has never been team first, either, if that matters to you. Certainly does to me. I want positive influences on Takk, for a start.

I get it, he is great in the run game and does draw double teams (not exclusively as some would like to imagine to justify his horrific sack totals.), and has the big name and highlight plays. But heck no. 

If he wasn't an injury case, he's a top 100 NFL player, a top 10 DE. He isn't worth what he thinks he is.