Davion Taylor

I would definitely take him 3rd rd if he is there to replace Campbell. Dude played all over the defense at Colorado. Was recruited by Mike MacIntyre who was also with DQ with the Jets in 07. I’m guessing DQ has talked to him about Taylor since they can’t visit now. But he ran a 4.39 at his pro day with all 32 teams there. He’s explosive and is a physical tackler.

49 minutes ago, Matt_The Iceman_Ryan said:

His football IQ and play recognition will be similar to Campbell when he came in league...his speed is offset by that on many plays...

We already have a run and chase LB...we need a true WILL...

Logan Wilson is my guy...a 40 just a shade slower, but his play instincts are so much better...

I love Wilson.  400 tackles and 10 INT’s is hard to overlook.

Another instinctive, high IQ guy that is under the radar is Geno Stone

“He’s not only the most underrated defensive back in the class, but the most underrated player regardless of position. As PFF draft gurus Mike Renner and Austin Gayle have preached, Stone had unreal instincts — he reacts quickly and is quick to make plays. 

Over the last two seasons, Stone has produced the third-best PFF coverage in the FBS. He’s been responsible for minimal big plays downfield and he made more plays on the ball (11) than first downs allowed (9) while also allowing the lowest yards per coverage snap among safeties (0.25).

7 hours ago, ike barn87987 said:

I would definitely take him 3rd rd if he is there to replace Campbell. Dude played all over the defense at Colorado. Was recruited by Mike MacIntyre who was also with DQ with the Jets in 07. I’m guessing DQ has talked to him about Taylor since they can’t visit now. But he ran a 4.39 at his pro day with all 32 teams there. He’s explosive and is a physical tackler.

Giving a huge shoutout to you. Always on top of connections

7 hours ago, ike barn87987 said:

Ok so clip 2 against Nebraska check the tackling technique shoulder first head outside the centreline drives through the body and finishes.This is what I talk about when I talk technique not this wrap up crap I hear so many talk about.

Wrap up is arm grabbing.

Committing the shoulder first is the key.

4 hours ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

I love Wilson.  400 tackles and 10 INT’s is hard to overlook.

Another instinctive, high IQ guy that is under the radar is Geno Stone

“He’s not only the most underrated defensive back in the class, but the most underrated player regardless of position. As PFF draft gurus Mike Renner and Austin Gayle have preached, Stone had unreal instincts — he reacts quickly and is quick to make plays. 

Over the last two seasons, Stone has produced the third-best PFF coverage in the FBS. He’s been responsible for minimal big plays downfield and he made more plays on the ball (11) than first downs allowed (9) while also allowing the lowest yards per coverage snap among safeties (0.25).

I just want a guy named "Geno" back in Atlanta so we can chant it.

the old guys in this thread will remember this guy.

Gene Garber Trades and Transactions by Baseball Almanac

9 hours ago, ike barn87987 said:

I think Chaisson would be the guy who'd replace Devondre

I love seeing my CU guys come up on this board. Davion was thrown into the "STAR" role in Tyson Summers defense and actually performed very well. I would consider him an extremely raw talent with plenty of upside. Played LB, CB, and S and was basically a floater. Struggled in coverage quite a bit, so that's what I would consider his downfall. Overall, I wouldn't be surprised to see him go in the 3rd round and have a decent NFL career.