Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
AUTiger7222

Brian Poole

2 hours ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Poole isn’t a great example for this point.  He had a Pro Bowl caliber season with the Jets..but he is strictly a slot CB.  That really limits your market and how much you’ll make in FA.  He only played 65% of snaps...but he was great last year for Greg Williams

Didn't limit Kendall Fuller's market. Poole got smoked in that playoff game against the Eagles and had been all year long.

1 hour ago, THEHEADCOACH said:

Actually, they should have kept Middleton.  He was a far better player than Owens. Not saying much. I said then,they screwed up. They were stupid for thinking they could put him on the practice squad. Middleton was a good player, injuries ruined him. Of course these same idiots kept rolling Owens out there over Grimes. That wasn't even questionable. Anyone with eyes and a Brain could see he was the best Corner on our team, but yet.. he's over there riding the pine. They had no idea, when it came to DBs.

Middleton had one good year, got injured again and his career was over

4 hours ago, The Architect said:

This probably sealed his fate. He got burned a lot that year too.

Definitely sealed his date, in my opinion. I think he was also penalized a whole lot that season, or at least had key penalties.

47 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Middleton had one good year, got injured again and his career was over

He was pooched by the Bucs, was impressing them in practice, and got hurt. Went to the Jags, had a good year and got hurt.. nevertheless, he was still way better than Owens and was a huge blunder. Owens was nothing but a liability. His career should have never existed. You can't for see injury on some guys, but you can see ability to play. He showed he was better, it was a pure case of draft order and money, not based on talent. 

While I agree with where you coming from on Poole.. Poole gave them every reason to cut him. Even if he had one year after leaving us, I don't consider him a mistake. Middleton is just a different situation, is where I'm coming from. Who knows how many good seasons he might have had , if not for injury. He never got a shot, Poole was here for a long time and they know him well. Poole made sense to me, at the time that one didn't. 

4 hours ago, ki46dinah said:

We are the ones that brought him into the NFL and made him viable...how is that a failure on our staffs fault again?

By letting him walk when we had a need at CB, also he displaying much better with the Jets which also shows our coaches have issues using players correctly.

9 hours ago, primetime said:

5 million isnt peanuts to us however with our salary cap situation. We have chosen our big contracts and have to live with their productivity (Julio, Grady, Ryan, Dbo, Mack, Matthews, etc). Our nickel cb needs to be a draft pick on rookie salary or a cheap journeyman. Whether we like it or not. 

Brown, Carpenter and Schaub are just 3 of the terrible contracts the Falcons have handed out on the past several years.

4 hours ago, A Pimp Named Slickback™ said:

No slight to the OP, but I wish some of you would get your terminology straight. Not re-signing someone isn't exactly "getting rid of them". I'm sure Falcons offered, or wanted to see what he'd fetch on the open market. He signed elsewhere.

Actually the Falcons did "get rid of him." He was a restricted free agent and the Falcons decided to not even tender him a contract. That's the very definition of getting rid of.

15 minutes ago, THEHEADCOACH said:

He was pooched by the Bucs, was impressing them in practice, and got hurt. Went to the Jags, had a good year and got hurt.. nevertheless, he was still way better than Owens and was a huge blunder. Owens was nothing but a liability. His career should have never existed. You can't for see injury on some guys, but you can see ability to play. He showed he was better, it was a pure case of draft order and money, not based on talent. 

While I agree with where you coming from on Poole.. Poole gave them every reason to cut him. Even if he had one year after leaving us, I don't consider him a mistake. Middleton is just a different situation, is where I'm coming from. Who knows how many good seasons he might have had , if not for injury. He never got a shot, Poole was here for a long time and they know him well. Poole made sense to me, at the time that one didn't. 

Which is what I said in my very first post. Problem on this board is when a player gets cut or allowed to test the waters after a horrible season, all it takes is a decent season for people to overreact and start complaining about why didn't the Falcons resign. 

The same exact thing is likely going to happen with Beasley as well but people won't take into consideration that he won't be used the same in Tennessee as he was in atlanta. 

1 minute ago, ya_boi_j said:

Which is what I said in my very first post. Problem on this board is when a player gets cut or allowed to test the waters after a horrible season, all it takes is a decent season for people to overreact and start complaining about why didn't the Falcons resign. 

The same exact thing is likely going to happen with Beasley as well but people won't take into consideration that he won't be used the same in Tennessee as he was in atlanta. 

I'm gonna so laugh my *** off if Beasley puts up 10 plus sacks for the Titans this year. Folks here will have a massive meltdown and I'll be able to say "told you so" when folks were talking about how horrible he is and I kept saying he wasn't being used correctly. Later part of the season he started being used correctly and started making an impact. I just hate this coaching staff and how they screw things up.

11 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

I'm gonna so laugh my *** off if Beasley puts up 10 plus sacks for the Titans this year. Folks here will have a massive meltdown and I'll be able to say "told you so" when folks were talking about how horrible he is and I kept saying he wasn't being used correctly. Later part of the season he started being used correctly and started making an impact. I just hate this coaching staff and how they screw things up.

If they have a meltdown without realizing the situation then that's stupidity on their behalf. Anyone with an ounce of common sense knows the potential he has in Tennessee 

7 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

Yeah I dont see how his last year as a falcon could be forgotten. Nickel backs are up and down yearly. One year you're great, the next year you're getting picked on and struggle. Ultimately youre paid by performance. When you struggle the way he did, it's rare a team keeps you. But you get a chance somewhere new. ****, he better look like a stud with the Jets of all teams

By this logic the Falcons should have kept William Middleton as well, who was one of the best nickel back in the league for 1 year with the Jags. 

that's a fact. Good nickel backs are hard to find. Chevis Jackson was great his rookie year then fell of a cliff afterwards. Robert McClain came out of nowhere one year then came back down to earth afterwards as well. Poole made alot of plays for us.......and made alot of plays for opposite teams as well as time went by

6 hours ago, MAD597 said:

Cause our front office is stupid and our coaching staff can't get the best out of our players.

We currently have a deep hole at CB and Poole would have gone a long way to fill that role.

Yeah we would rather pay guys like Beasley 12 mill then complain about 5 mill going to someone like Poole

Poole was a UDFA. 32 teams passed up on him 7 times over, in lieu of players that may not even be in the league anymore.

The Falcons were the franchise that brought him in to the NFL. The Falcons were the franchise that started him as an UDFA rookie in nickel packages all the way to the Super Bowl.

90% of this message board wanted us to get rid of Poole after 2018 because he kept getting abused in coverage.

Poole was not a scrub, he had game. We were the first team to recognize and utilize that.

However, the writing was on the wall for him in Atlanta and he likely needed the wake up call and change of scenery to regain the level play he had for us in 2016. Sometimes it take being humbled (like being undrafted or not resigned) for you to realize your dream could be taken away and you have to stay on your grind.

Thats exactly what happened with him in NY. Lets see if he can maintain this level of play before we start claiming he is the next coming. Also, lets give props to our own front office and coaching staff for finding a diamond in the rough the way we did, when no one else was willing to. We did that. The same staff yall want to throw under the bus. 

20 minutes ago, cwell1 said:

that's a fact. Good nickel backs are hard to find. Chevis Jackson was great his rookie year then fell of a cliff afterwards. Robert McClain came out of nowhere one year then came back down to earth afterwards as well. Poole made alot of plays for us.......and made alot of plays for opposite teams as well as time went by

True words

6 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

If they have a meltdown without realizing the situation then that's stupidity on their behalf. Anyone with an ounce of common sense knows the potential he has in Tennessee 

you forgot where you're posting again didn't you

:lol: