I don't get caught up in power rankings and rarely ever even look at them but get bored enough and I'll do anything for a laugh and this here is no different. The little burb about the Falcons talks about how solid their off-season has been so far and yet somehow they were dropped 3 spots? How can they have such a solid off-season so far and drop 3 spots? How in the world did the Steelers go up 6 spots when they lost one of their best defensive players (Javon Hargrave)?

RANK

falcons-logo.jpg

FALCONS

Previous rank: No. 15

Solid work by the Falcons in the first week of the league year. The team imported two Rams stars in running back Todd Gurley and pass rusher Dante Fowler Jr., then replaced tight end Austin Hooper (off to Cleveland on a big-money deal) by trading for former Ravens first-round pick Hayden Hurst, a young player with legit upside. Fowler is an upgrade over Vic Beasley, who signed with the Titans, but it's Gurley who exists as the team's great curiosity. The chronic knee issue can't be ignored, but is it possible the Rams' regression along their offensive line was overlooked as an explanation for Gurley's pedestrian play in 2019? We'll find out in September. (Hopefully.)

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001107404/article/nfl-power-rankings-bucs-bills-shoot-up-via-free-agencytrades

6 hours ago, Vandy said:

I like when clueless journalists underrate us coming into season. 

Team has had an impressive offseason, including upgrading the coaching staff.

Have a great draft and stay healthy, we’ll be in the hunt. 

Agree. The Falcons do far better flying under the radar than when dealing with high expectations and the glare of the national spotlight shining on them. Going to be way better than people realize though, for sure.

23 minutes ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

No different than what y'all Saints fans did a couple of years ago after going 7-9 multiple seasons.

"A couple"

Saints fans went 7-9 in what, 4 of 5 seasons? It was hilarious. And not even a conference championship to show for their good play the last few years. 

4 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

"A couple"

Saints fans went 7-9 in what, 4 of 5 seasons? It was hilarious. And not even a conference championship to show for their good play the last few years. 

and yet we STILL have more championships than yall :lol:

4 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

"A couple"

also we went 7-9 three straight seasons, yall are just one more season away from tying us! Yall can do it!!!!!! :wiggle:

7 hours ago, 1989Fan said:

Finished 7-9, being middle of the pack seems right.

i think we will be better in 2020, but not sure how anyone can be upset we are ranked in the middle after two 7-9 seasons and major roster churn.

I was just saying I don't understand how the Falcons get better and go down 3 spots. The Steelers get worse and go up 6 spots. The Broncos get massively better and are only the 25th best team in the NFL? What exactly are these rankings based on?

1 hour ago, NOS25 said:

Yall went 7-9 back to back seasons and are complaining the media is ranking yall middle of the pack :lol:

Learn to read. I'm not complaining about being in the middle of the pack. I'm just pointing out how hypocritical it is to say "they've had a solid offseason" but drop them 3 spots in the rankings. I wouldn't care if they were ranked 25th. I just don't see any logic in them moving down 3 spots and that is what I was pointing out. But you're a Saints fan so reading comprehension is lost on you.

1 hour ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

TATF boys needing that media love.

Has nothing to do with it. I said in my OP I don't give a **** about power rankings and hardly ever look at them but when it's 3 or 4 am or whatever time it was and I was bored out of my misery I decided to look at them and I'm just trying to figure out how the Falcons got better and are 3 spots worse. That's all I was pointing out. No crying and no complaining. No *****ing. No hurt feelings. Nothing. But I blame myself for even posting this because no one took 5 ******* seconds to read the ******* OP where I said all of that and instead come in here with the usual nonsense we get on TATF and people wonder why this place is such a **** hole to deal with. God I hate this ******* place and the way it operates but I've got no other place to go to talk about Falcons football so it's ****ed if I do or ****ed if I don't and people like you are the main ones that make me never want to post here which is why I don't post here much.

1 minute ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Has nothing to do with it. I said in my OP I don't give a **** about power rankings and hardly ever look at them but when it's 3 or 4 am or whatever time it was and I was bored out of my misery I decided to look at them and I'm just trying to figure out how the Falcons got better and are 3 spots worse. That's all I was pointing out. No crying and no complaining. No *****ing. No hurt feelings. Nothing. But I blame myself for even posting this because no one took 5 ******* seconds to read the ******* OP where I said all of that and instead come in here with the usual nonsense we get on TATF and people wonder why this place is such a **** hole to deal with. God I hate this ******* place and the way it operates but I've got no other place to go to talk about Falcons football so it's ****ed if I do or ****ed if I don't and people like you are the main ones that make me never want to post here which is why I don't post here much.

Ever think they didn't get better? I mean they lost five starters. And if you can't handle the heat, get out of the kitchen.

Just now, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Ever think they didn't get better? I mean they lost five starters. And if you can't handle the heat, get out of the kitchen.

Only a total dumb*** thinks the Falcons as they stand right now on March 28th isn't a better team than they were last time they played an NFL game.

Just now, AUTiger7222 said:

Only a total dumb*** thinks the Falcons as they stand right now on March 28th isn't a better team than they were last time they played an NFL game.

LMAO.

Lost Desmond Trufant, Devondre Campbell, Austin Hooper, Vic Beasley, Devonta Freeman, Adrian Clayborn, Luke Stocker, Jack Crawford, Wes Schweitzer, Justin Hardy, Kenjon Barner, Kemal Ishmael and Ty Sambrailo.

Replaced them with Dante Fowler Jr., Todd Gurley, Hayden Hurst, Steven Means, Laquan Treadwell, Khari Lee, Justin McCray and LaRoy Reynolds.

And you think we got better? OK

1 hour ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

LMAO.

Lost Desmond Trufant, Devondre Campbell, Austin Hooper, Vic Beasley, Devonta Freeman, Adrian Clayborn, Luke Stocker, Jack Crawford, Wes Schweitzer, Justin Hardy, Kenjon Barner, Kemal Ishmael and Ty Sambrailo.

Replaced them with Dante Fowler Jr., Todd Gurley, Hayden Hurst, Steven Means, Laquan Treadwell, Khari Lee, Justin McCray and LaRoy Reynolds.

And you think we got better? OK

Trufant wasn’t here. But ya the draft hasn’t come yet either.

3 hours ago, AUTiger7222 said:

I was just saying I don't understand how the Falcons get better and go down 3 spots. The Steelers get worse and go up 6 spots. The Broncos get massively better and are only the 25th best team in the NFL? What exactly are these rankings based on?

I hear ya, just thinking we are gonna need to prove it for anyone outside of ATL to think they are capable of any different.