Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Libid21

Does anyone have any N95 masks?

8 hours ago, 32wood84white said:

I’m am sorry but we do not have any here for me to send you. Was really hoping we could help out.

Thank you for looking.

8 hours ago, Geneaut said:

Y'all making that over at Valway? Rock and roll brother. 

We are coating the material. My job is to figure out the right amount of add on. Yesterday was a fun day. today should be better. It's always fun when you're the only one taking the task serious. 

4 hours ago, AUTiger7222 said:

My girlfriend works at a hospital and is having to reuse the same N95 mask. She said that with proper care it can last for 4 months.

That is not best practice. I’ve used my same mask for 2 weeks....and that is not best; we should not be reusing an N95 after performing an aerosolizing procedure....but we are, which is terrible.

i bought an ozonator that I use to firebomb my PPE with....seems silly but if no one is going to give me the protective equipment necessary to keep myself safe, then I will do the best I can....and my hospital is doing slightly better than most in regards to PPE

I had bought some years ago and forgot I had them as I used them for wood working and upgraded to a permanent mask with only one strap around the neck, much easier to use when wearing a hat.  I came across 9 of them the other day and I took to work to give to one of the manager’s who works for me, his fiancé is a nurse and she had a known case at their hospital.  She was extremely grateful.

COVID-19 Weirdness 

My wife called our doc about an upcoming physical she scheduled for mid April, to ask if it was still on.  They told her as long as their patients are not "sick" they can still come in, but if you're feeling under the weather, they can't see you.  

So, here we are folks...doctors only seeing patients.. who...don't need a doctor.   lol  

6 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

We are coating the material. My job is to figure out the right amount of add on. Yesterday was a fun day. today should be better. It's always fun when you're the only one taking the task serious. 

Glad you are on the job! That material is going to be needed in the days and weeks ahead. Good work!

Just now, Geneaut said:

Glad you are on the job! That material is going to be needed in the days and weeks ahead. Good work!

The plan is to have it in production by Friday. We're crossing fingers. I think we have one formula to spec. Working on the 2nd today. This one is a real headache lol

8 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

The plan is to have it in production by Friday. We're crossing fingers. I think we have one formula to spec. Working on the 2nd today. This one is a real headache lol

I can imagine us in a back alley, wearing N95 masks, buying that hot new toy that's sold out, just to please our kids for Christmas.

8 minutes ago, SpongeDong said:

I can imagine us in a back alley, wearing N95 masks, buying that hot new toy that's sold out, just to please our kids for Christmas.

:ninja::ninja:

I can tell you one thing, I got my money's worth from that BS because baby girl played with it for a while. Now I haven't seen it in a few months :lol:

I am not a medical expert, and I only put this link out there for your own education. Stanford University determined you could reuse N95's up to 20 times using the following method.

https://www.stanforddaily.com/2020/03/31/stanford-researchers-develop-potential-method-to-reuse-n95-respirators/

Stay safe!

On 3/27/2020 at 10:52 PM, Libid21 said:

I figured I would try on here. If anyone just happens to have any N95 masks I would appreciate if you sent me a message and I would pay you for it (and pay you to ship it to me). Our hospital has just run out and the county I happen to be working in is right next to NY and is the hardest hit county in CT. Just a random plea in case anyone happened to know of anywhere that had some lying around! Thank you!

Try hitting up any paint, flooring place...any place that deals with construction materials. I work for a hospital and a paint & flooring place donated a bunch of them.

Not sure where else to vent, so I'll just let this out here... So I'm currently a graduate student who moved back home with my parents during the program. Since our clinicals are suspended and class is mostly online, I've decided to work back again in the ICU. My parents are not exactly the youngest or healthiest people, so I don't want to risk contaminating them with the virus of any sort. My ICU agreed to let me come back to work and allowed me to live on a local college campus, who were offering healthcare workers a place to stay temporarily so that they could "self quarantine" away from their family. Now, my manager just told me that they are no longer allowing people to stay on campus but they are offering "discounted rates at a holiday inn". Such BS. Now I have to pay out of my pocket to stay at some hotel every day for God knows how long because the university changed their minds about offering housing. It's so frustrating how they are treating healthcare workers right now. 

With that said, I appreciate everyone who has reached out and given or attempted to give to the cause. 

As I said before, I am not looking for help just for me. I was not aware that there are a number of healthcare workers here who are also in need of PPE. If you would like to send it to other members who are in the state of Georgia (instead of my state of Connecticut), that would be great too! I am just hoping that this thread will benefit another healthcare worker such as myself.

Please stay safe, everyone! When we get through this I am buying everyone a beer :D!

On 3/29/2020 at 1:27 AM, Libid21 said:

Please let me know what you find! Thank you.

Contact your local Department of Veterans Affairs hospital.  I know since they are not for profit, they stock up on these things.  Have your Emergency Management person contact the VA's EM person.  You should be able to get masks, maybe even PAPRs. 

2 hours ago, Big_L said:

Contact your local Department of Veterans Affairs hospital.  I know since they are not for profit, they stock up on these things.  Have your Emergency Management person contact the VA's EM person.  You should be able to get masks, maybe even PAPRs. 

We have a veterans hospital here and they have been supplying these to them, which is understandable. Thanks though!

9 minutes ago, Libid21 said:

We have a veterans hospital here and they have been supplying these to them, which is understandable. Thanks though!

The VA per local MOUs will also assist civilian hospitals with equipment needs as well.  The emergency management official at your hospital should know the correct channels to go through.  Hope this helps and good luck.  Stay safe.

On 4/2/2020 at 0:21 PM, Brehus said:

They are only available for hospitals to buy as a bulk. I don't think individuals can buy them right now.

On 4/3/2020 at 1:27 PM, ya_boi_j said:

Someone at my job tested positive. Asked my boss could I just go ahead and take next week off if they dont need me since the range isn't running

Be safe, J!