Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Libid21

Does anyone have any N95 masks?

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, Sn4tteRBoxXeR said:

Please do not spread unscientific information that you know nothing about professionally or academically. It's called misinformation and it can cost people their lives.

You seriously think anyone’s gonna believe how to take care of themselves/their families based on anything they read in TAFT?

SMH. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Vandy said:

You truly think anyone’s gonna believe how to take care of themselves/their families based on anything they read in TAFT?

SMH. 

Thanks Vandy, unbelieveable you try and help and you get responses like that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Refried Beans said:

Thanks Vandy, unbelieveable you try and help and you get responses like that. 

We need to find a way to help the OP, who’s on the battle lines. I like your idea of getting kids at home to help in this war.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Vandy said:

You seriously think anyone’s gonna believe how to take care of themselves/their families based on anything they read in TAFT?

SMH. 

No, but I also am shocked to see people recommending herbal remedies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Refried Beans said:

Thanks Vandy, unbelieveable you try and help and you get responses like that. 

Spreading misinformation is not helping, so I'm not trying to be rude here just giving you factual information.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Sn4tteRBoxXeR said:

Spreading misinformation is not helping, so I'm not trying to be rude here just giving you factual information.

No I get that. And didn't want anyone to take it wrong way. It's cool. But it is a fact that they are fighting over Tumeric in India and Indonesia. It is a fact that India is 4 times the size of America in population and only has 933 cases as of this morning. Indonesia is almost same size as America in terms of population. 1137 cases as of this morning. How about I just leave this article out here. 

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/economy/foreign-trade/covid-19-scare-shoots-up-demand-for-indias-raw-turmeric/articleshow/74666869.cms?from=mdr

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Refried Beans said:

No I get that. And didn't want anyone to take it wrong way. It's cool. But it is a fact that they are fighting over Tumeric in India and Indonesia. It is a fact that India is 4 times the size of America in population and only has 933 cases as of this morning. Indonesia is almost same size as America in terms of population. 1137 cases as of this morning. How about I just leave this article out here. 

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/economy/foreign-trade/covid-19-scare-shoots-up-demand-for-indias-raw-turmeric/articleshow/74666869.cms?from=mdr

 

So in response to the accusation that you are spreading misinformation, you spread more misinformation. That's respectfully vile. Super Villain status achieved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/27/2020 at 10:52 PM, Libid21 said:

I figured I would try on here. If anyone just happens to have any N95 masks I would appreciate if you sent me a message and I would pay you for it (and pay you to ship it to me). Our hospital has just run out and the county I happen to be working in is right next to NY and is the hardest hit county in CT. Just a random plea in case anyone happened to know of anywhere that had some lying around! Thank you!

I found ten here at work still sealed in the original plastic bags. PM are your address and I can mail you one. You don’t need to pay anything for it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Sn4tteRBoxXeR said:

So in response to the accusation that you are spreading misinformation, you spread more misinformation. That's respectfully vile. Super Villain status achieved.

Dude what are you talking about? Facts about India and Indonesia population, Facts about the demand going up, facts about the number of cases right off John Hopkins web site. Where is the misinformation?  I changed my first post and then posted nothing but facts and you come back with this!?! Come on man, you trolling me? 

Edited by Refried Beans

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Sn4tteRBoxXeR said:

No, but I also am shocked to see people recommending herbal remedies.

You need to do more research before taking such a strong position.  Do a search on "Four Thieves".  A herbal infusion made by a Gypsy trader protected 4 house thieves from the plague.  After being caught, the judge ordered these thieves to bury all of the dead while the plague lingered.  Not one of them fell ill.  They rinsed their hands and faces and either drank some or at least gargled it.  History is vague on this.  It is believed it contained vinegar, garlic, rosemary, thyme, rose hips, and cloves.  Today, green tea is often added to the infusion.

When physicians were still learning about microbes, Dr. Lister created a hand wash that prevented surgical patients from contracting infections from the surgeon and surgical tools.  The two ingredients that likely made this successful were alcohol and thyme. 

Garlic was used during the war as a wound antiseptic by the Russian army. 

We make a tincture by pouring thyme into a bottle of everclear.  We use about 1/4 inch in the bottom.  It is a hand sanitizer and great disinfecting gargle.  Don't eat or drink for a while after gargling or taking a sip to allow the thyme to work.  It is slow working but a powerful antimicrobial.

Disclaimer - Herbal remedies generally work slowly without side effects.  However, that almost never provide the quick response pharmaceutical drugs provide.  Follow your physicians advise.  And, please, everyone, follow the recommendations provided by our health experts in curtailing COVID-19.  Using herbs to provide further protection is not in conflict with CDC guidelines. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I work for a large safety / PPE company and let me tell you, the shortage is real. They’re currently on backorder until August. Same with sanitizer. 3M and other manufacturers are supposedly amping up their production so hopefully more will be available soon. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, gazoo said:

Libid, man I hate to hear this for you and Gritzblitz. Keep up the good,work on the front lines and if I can get my hands on any I’ll get them to you.  Let me check around and see.

Thanks Gazoo, good to hear from you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/28/2020 at 1:52 AM, Libid21 said:

I figured I would try on here. If anyone just happens to have any N95 masks I would appreciate if you sent me a message and I would pay you for it (and pay you to ship it to me). Our hospital has just run out and the county I happen to be working in is right next to NY and is the hardest hit county in CT. Just a random plea in case anyone happened to know of anywhere that had some lying around! Thank you!

I’m am sorry but we do not have any here for me to send you. Was really hoping we could help out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
  • Create New...