Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Libid21

Does anyone have any N95 masks?

I figured I would try on here. If anyone just happens to have any N95 masks I would appreciate if you sent me a message and I would pay you for it (and pay you to ship it to me). Our hospital has just run out and the county I happen to be working in is right next to NY and is the hardest hit county in CT. Just a random plea in case anyone happened to know of anywhere that had some lying around! Thank you!

I had some stored back home, but I'm stuck in another country which is going through lockdown right now. Sorry brother, we're all in unknown territory.

Try to find R95 masks. They're practically the same but can also block oil particles. 

Just a suggestion, and you may have already tried this or they may have already sent over any they have. I doubt many people think that electrical distributors would have them but they do. At least here no one thought we did.

We sell MMM N95 masks. An owner of an electrical company here bought them all for a friend thats a doctor. 

I know we don’t have any on the shelf but if we have any at all I will let you know. And If we do, you don’t need to pay for them or the freight. We will be more than happy to help anyway we can.

23 hours ago, Libid21 said:

I figured I would try on here. If anyone just happens to have any N95 masks I would appreciate if you sent me a message and I would pay you for it (and pay you to ship it to me). Our hospital has just run out and the county I happen to be working in is right next to NY and is the hardest hit county in CT. Just a random plea in case anyone happened to know of anywhere that had some lying around! Thank you!

10 minutes ago, 32wood84white said:

Just a suggestion, and you may have already tried this or they may have already sent over any they have. I doubt many people think that electrical distributors would have them but they do. At least here no one thought we did.

We sell MMM N95 masks. An owner of an electrical company here bought them all for a friend thats a doctor. 

I know we don’t have any on the shelf but if we have any at all I will let you know. And If we do, you don’t need to pay for them or the freight. We will be more than happy to help anyway we can.

He's probably gonna be busy and this is the only time I'll ever say it but quote the OP y'all. The standard setup is you receive a notification if you're quoted.

Thanks though!

I used to work for 2 different foundries that used respiratory masks because of the particles, debris, ash, and dust.

They used to have them available to just grab when needed, but I think they started putting them in vending machines so only current employees can get them.

I do have connections to possibly swipe some from the warehouse if one of my buddies who is a leadman still works there. I don't know if they are currently on shutdown or not though.

Good luck man we’ve had 1 death here in NZ from this virus and the country has shut down.

Trump and the Governor of your states can’t drag there feet on this.

On a personal note do what you have to isolate your families lock the door and hunker down.

Keep away from people only go out if you have to.

Don’t take anything for granted sanitizer wash your hands cover your nose and mouth gloves if your touching surfaces in populated areas will only help your chances.

Our NZ govt. has taken no chances if it isn’t essential it’s closed.

Thank you everyone for your kind words and hospitality. I appreciate @Jpizzle for his allowing this thread to be placed in the Falcons message board. @Gritzblitz 2.0 has also stated that he works in the healthcare field, and like me, is recycling his N95 mask. He is probably closer to the ATL area, so if anyone has any N95 masks and would like to send it to him instead of me (seeing that I am in Connecticut and would probably cost more to ship), that would be great as well- I would be happy knowing that a Falcons fan/brother was helped from this thread.

There are places around CT that are selling masks for obscene prices such as $15-25/each. I plan on buying a couple for myself and my mom, who is also a nurse working in a different hospital (not in the ICU, thankfully), so that we can rotate the masks we use every day. 

As far as "is there anything else we can do?" I think just staying in good spirit, talking about the Falcons (this forum helps me deal with my stress a lot as it helps keep my mind off things), and maintaining the social distancing is more than enough. 

I appreciate everyone on here! Go Falcons!

1 hour ago, 32wood84white said:

Please let me know what you find! Thank you.

I do know that millions are in the process of being made. Just dont know how long that process takes. We're working on finding the right formula and material for biosmart gowns at my job. Hopefully that process doesn't take long. 

I don't have any but 1 used one.  I hope this information is helpful.

N95 mask are usable as long as you can still pull air through when inhaling.  At some point, they get clogged and have to be discarded.  You can extend the life of an N95 mask by covering it with a cloth you can draw a breath through.  The cloth needs to be washed in soap and dried each day after use.  It will collect larger particles that otherwise would contribute to clogging the N95 mask.  There are quilters and other people who work with fabric making cloth masks and donating them.  Do a search in your area.  Otherwise, gauze or a handkerchief tied over the mask will help.

Check this out

Researchers at Yale Medicine said Friday they have discovered a way to clean and reuse N95 masks, now in critical supply throughout the country. The study comes as shortages of the N95 masks, which protect health care workers from the coronavirus, have forced hospitals to improvise, using less-ideal surgical masks. Some drive-thru testing centers have had to curb their hours because of mask shortages. Reusing the N95 masks could give health care workers some respite amid the growing demand. The study found that using aerosolized hydrogen peroxide – the agent used to fumigate the hospital rooms of patients with the C. Diff hospital infection – was successful in cleaning the masks 100% of the time. Using this process, researchers say, they were able to reuse the masks up to five times. Dr. Patrick Kenney, medical director of the corporate supply chain for Yale Medicine and Yale New Haven Health, said prior research found that the N95 mask retained good protection 50 times after the technique was used but that “you cannot use them clinically that many times. The wear and tear of the mask would not stand up.”

The shortage should be alleviated within the month (so I have been told).  In the meantime, we have some people at our hospital fashioning the materials used to wrap OR trays into masks.  There is a blue cloth-like wrapping material that is said to be a good filter for virus.  

5 minutes ago, Refried Beans said:

Two things, With all the kids at home I don't know why we don't have them making these and mailing these to local Hospitals. Number 2 thing that I think is not being reported. There is a vitamin out there with very similar Chemical Characteristics as Hydroxychloroquine that they are fighting over in India and Indonesia and our media is not even talking about. Look at the Chemical similarities: 

Hydroxychloroquine - C18 H26 CIN 3 O5  The CIN 3 is Cyanide. 

Turmeric with Curcumin- Found in local Grocery store $20 a bottle Antiviral and antiinflamatory- C21 H20 O6 

India and Indonesia are worlds 2nd and 4th largest populated countries yet they only have a couple of thousand cases and when kids are caught breaking quarantine in India they dowse them in Turmeric water before letting them back in the house. So in my opinion, this stuff must ward off the virus. See video below on how to make home made mask.

Please do not spread unscientific information that you know nothing about professionally or academically. It's called misinformation and it can cost people their lives.

Just now, Sn4tteRBoxXeR said:

Please do not spread unscientific information that you know nothing about professionally or academically. It's called misinformation and it can cost people their lives.

So IN MY OPINION.