Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kiwifalcon

Buyer Beware at the top of thee draft.

22 minutes ago, Monolith2001 said:

Author makes fair points.  Heck I even said it earlier this offseason that I felt like a lot of these first round guys looked like 2nd rounders after watching film.   

Yep.  The top talent pool isn’t that great this year aside from Receiver and then it’s solid for runningback and defensive tackle.  After the 3rd round it’s truly a toss up.  

I can see us using our third and fourth to trade back into the 2nd, or looking at a trade the farm scenario to grab Young.

2 minutes ago, KRUNKuno said:

Yep.  The top talent pool isn’t that great this year aside from Receiver and then it’s solid for runningback and defensive tackle.  After the 3rd round it’s truly a toss up.  

I can see us using our third and fourth to trade back into the 2nd, or looking at a trade the farm scenario to grab Young.

Take a flyer on a high ceiling LB like Willie Gay Jr. Sure he knocked his QB out cold, but he could be the 3rd best LB in the draft

5 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Every single prospect, including Chase Young, has a wart or two.  There will always be unknown factors that can’t be measured until mini camp starts.  

That said, if Brown, Murray or Swift get drafted by the Falcons, I’ll be thrilled

I have a suspicion that Chase You g won’t be the best defensive player in this draft.

7 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Agreed.  Okuda and Simmons are my guess

There was one game, maybe the Michigan game where he was neutralized or didn’t do much. Maybe that’s oversimplifying it but there are some other guys that are out there who might take droy. Okudah player himself into a top 5 pick in the playoff game. 

Just now, VTCrunkler said:

There was one game, maybe the Michigan game where he was neutralized or didn’t do much. Maybe that’s oversimplifying it but there are some other guys that are out there who might take droy. Okudah player himself into a top 5 pick in the playoff game. 

They doubled him a bunch, but Young was neutralized twice by Michigan and also by Clemson.  

He has the support of elite secondary and elite linebackers.  Plus Ohio State was usually up huge.  Makes it much easier on the pass rushers.  He won’t have that luxury in the NFL.  Needs to get his overaggressiveness fixed on run downs as well

22 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

They doubled him a bunch, but Young was neutralized twice by Michigan and also by Clemson.  

He has the support of elite secondary and elite linebackers.  Plus Ohio State was usually up huge.  Makes it much easier on the pass rushers.  He won’t have that luxury in the NFL.  Needs to get his overaggressiveness fixed on run downs as well

Yes. Seems like an untenable situation in the pros. Especially in Washington. 

Yes. Seems like an untenable situation in the pros. Especially in Washington. 

Could be worse.  Texans could draft him.  They know how to treat their star players

Irvin: Texans’ Bill O’Brien likened DeAndre Hopkins to Aaron Hernandez

https://www.google.com/amp/s/arizonasports.com/story/2292989/irvin-texans-bill-obrien-compared-deandre-hopkins-to-aaron-hernandez/amp/

10 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Could be worse.  Texans could draft him.  They know how to treat their star players

Irvin: Texans’ Bill O’Brien likened DeAndre Hopkins to Aaron Hernandez

https://www.google.com/amp/s/arizonasports.com/story/2292989/irvin-texans-bill-obrien-compared-deandre-hopkins-to-aaron-hernandez/amp/

Yeah. That’s just wrong. I heard they butter heads bc Hopkins didn’t practice? Not surprising bill o is a my way or highway guy. He made a big mistake. He didn’t sound like it on radio clips, but I’d be furious if I’m the qb. Drawing a blank on his name. 

Yeah. That’s just wrong. I heard they butter heads bc Hopkins didn’t practice? Not surprising bill o is a my way or highway guy. He made a big mistake. He didn’t sound like it on radio clips, but I’d be furious if I’m the qb. Drawing a blank on his name. 

Watson’s tweets are his way of taking shots at O’Brien

2 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

Thanks Kiwi.

interesting take on Brown.   I do not understand why Kinlaw is not the top rated DT when looking at their game tapes.

Sure hope we get Kinlaw or Simmons.

4 hours ago, duckhoa said:

Thanks Kiwi.

interesting take on Brown.   I do not understand why Kinlaw is not the top rated DT when looking at their game tapes.

Sure hope we get Kinlaw or Simmons.

Man I read all these mocks and media opinion with a grain of salt.In fact I know for sure the most part they haven’t a clue.I bet those teams look at talent alot differently.

7 hours ago, VTCrunkler said:

Every great DE has those games, even in the NFL. You can't compare a DE to a CB though. JJ Watt didn't have the best college career and look how he turned out minus the injuries.

Gotta remember why coaches make millions at both levels. It's their responsibility to contain the best player on the opposing team. The players just have to do their part.

8 hours ago, KRUNKuno said:

I could see us trading back into the first or up to early second.  Under no circumstances should we considering a blockbuster trade up.   I don't care how good Young is, we need to maximize the roster, not just a position.  I could be talked into that improbable 3 & 5 trade up for Simmons at 11 but wouldn't necessarily love that either.

10 hours ago, VTCrunkler said:

I have a suspicion that Chase You g won’t be the best defensive player in this draft.

Hard to say...odds would agree looking at how many defenders will be drafted. That said OSU staff claim he was better than both the Bosa boys. He is IMO the safest player in the draft, Wirfs being second safest to me. 

as for the article, only one of these players should go at the ‘top of the draft’ (Brown)

10 hours ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

That said, if Brown, Murray or Swift get drafted by the Falcons, I’ll be thrilled

Agree...assuming Brown falls to 16, we trade back for Murray or draft Swift at 47.

That's exactly what i saw in Swift. Was not impressed with him 2019 season. I believe they're are several RB's i would pick over Swift this Draft. I see a good runner, but not elite.

I do like  Brown, he's a force to be reckoned with, reminds Me a little of Aaron Donald.

That's the risk with the draft. You can't predict if someone wants to play, will listen and learn or is there just to collect their money. Trade ups are too expensive and then if they bust you can almost guarantee you'll be in rebuild for many years (see Washington). JJ worked out but they Falcons really paid for it.